JK Custom Cowl Snorkel? - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > JK Custom Cowl Snorkel?

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-26-2011, 04:22 AM   #106
HOKIES2010
Web Wheeler

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLC08JK View Post
I was just thinking
By running everything to the air box it's possible that it will apply vacuum pressure to the vents!!! These vents are in place to equalize pressure within the systems to that of the outside atmosphere to protect the seals. By adding vacuum to these vents any fluid that reaches the tubes [splashed or otherwise] could be inhaled by the engine. Fumes and vapors could also become a problem and have an effect on the various sensors in the intake/fuel system.
Just something to keep in mind.
Your work looks very good, Keep it up
Hey guys. Did we ever get an answer on this thought from JLC08JK? And hows the snorkle working?

HOKIES2010 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-26-2011, 10:26 AM   #107
warCryr
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOKIES2010 View Post
Hey guys. Did we ever get an answer on this thought from JLC08JK? And hows the snorkle working?
I've had 0 problems with this.

I don't think there is enough suction to the breather hose inlet for this to be a concern, 1, the snorkel should provide enough airflow and secondly, it would take a fairly high amount of pressure to suck oil through the length of the breather hoses.
Unread 10-26-2011, 11:34 AM   #108
HOKIES2010
Web Wheeler

2011 JK Wrangler 

Thank you and congrats on the snorkle
HOKIES2010 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-29-2013, 12:14 PM   #109
warCryr
2008 JK Wrangler 

Some record-breaking flooding in the Grand Rapids, MI area over the past weeks.

Some video of me driving to work

https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=644012821761
Unread 09-27-2013, 10:27 AM   #110
Josephus
2007 JK Wrangler 

Here is a picture of RubiRed sporting the Rugged Ridge snorkel (which is alot like you described years ago).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant211 View Post
Not my jeep, but this write up will probably help you guys out.

Fresh Air Intake / Adjustable Snorkel - JkOwners.com - The Community for Jeep JK 4x4 Owners

new-bitmap-image-2-.jpg  

Tags
airbox , cowl , custom , intake , snorkel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.