JK colors vs Hummer Colors - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > JK colors vs Hummer Colors

Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-roadXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 08-20-2006, 01:09 PM   #16
Jakemd98
Choosy moms choose jeep.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy66
oh didn't know they upgraded the motor...

check this out
Quote:
Originally Posted by above site
few new colors will be added to the mix along with the addition of the Hummer H3X model that will sure add some excitement to the lineup.
an X model? who's copying who?

97 Jeep Wrangler
4.0, 5 speed AX-15, D44 & Ford 8.8 w/Detroit - 4.88, NP-231, OME 2.5" coils w/1.25" spacers on front, 1.25" JKS BL, 35X12.50R15 KM2 on 15x8 Eagle alloys, Banks Header, Banks Monster Exhaust, Brown Dog MML, Rhino Liner, Tuffy Glove Box, AtoZ Rockers, Optima Red Top Battery.

1998 GMC Yukon

Wilmington weekly 4x4 meet
Jakemd98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2006, 01:25 PM   #17
newguy66

2008 JK Wrangler 

color similarities.

I don't care about colors.I'm in the market for a new suv and I like the four door JK Rubi and the H3.It's going to be a tough choice.
newguy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2006, 01:29 PM   #18
Hip2u77
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakemd98
oh didn't know they upgraded the motor...

check this out

an X model? who's copying who?
Exactly, which make is known for 7 slot grills (w/round headlights), and trapezoidal fenders. . .
Hip2u77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2006, 02:58 PM   #19
Jakemd98
Choosy moms choose jeep.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip2u77
Exactly, which make is known for 7 slot grills (w/round headlights), and trapezoidal fenders. . .
ISUZU!!!

97 Jeep Wrangler
4.0, 5 speed AX-15, D44 & Ford 8.8 w/Detroit - 4.88, NP-231, OME 2.5" coils w/1.25" spacers on front, 1.25" JKS BL, 35X12.50R15 KM2 on 15x8 Eagle alloys, Banks Header, Banks Monster Exhaust, Brown Dog MML, Rhino Liner, Tuffy Glove Box, AtoZ Rockers, Optima Red Top Battery.

1998 GMC Yukon

Unread 08-20-2006, 03:17 PM   #20
newguy66

2008 JK Wrangler 

round headlights!!

WOW!!, what's up with all the round headlights?

Toyota FJ cruiser.
newguy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2006, 03:22 PM   #21
pcguy

If you want offroad fun and a convertible top, there is only one choice
pcguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2006, 06:58 PM   #22
TheBluePill

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcguy
If you want offroad fun and a convertible top, there is only one choice
Yup, The VW Thing!
TheBluePill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2006, 07:06 PM   #23
Jakemd98
Choosy moms choose jeep.

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBluePill
Yup, The VW Thing!
no............ISUZU!!!

97 Jeep Wrangler

1998 GMC Yukon

Unread 08-21-2006, 05:04 PM   #24
TurtleMacLeod
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Wow. What a bunch of *******es.

First off, it wasn't a gripe, it was an observation.

Second, it's not so much the fact that several colors are the same or not (OMG! Jeep has it available in black! They copied Henry Ford! WTF.), it's the implication. Regardless of whom offered which color first, the fact is that Jeep has reduced the available colors to several that are very similar to those offered by Hummer. This frightens me a bit, since it APPEARS that Jeep is limiting itself to what is popular in the competion's line-up, instead of setting the trends as it has for years. Others on these boards have made the comment that Jeep is losing it's focus; this could be yet more proof of that idea. I'm not saying that there is a grand conspiracy to emulate Hummer. It just seems that Jeep has lost a bit of it's spirit.

Third: I did not, nor have I EVER, say that I liked the Hummer. Before some people make ******* comments, they should try actually reading the thread (revolutionary, no?) and (here's the real kicker . . .) TRY TO THINK BEFORE YOU RESPOND!!! I know this will be tougher for some people than others, but please, give it a shot.

Fourth: If you don't want to participate in a discussion . . . don't. If I made a smartass comment in response to every thread that I disagreed with, I would never leave the computer. Instead, I skip over the threads that I don't feel like participating in.
TurtleMacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2006, 05:09 PM   #25
Karamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy66
I like the chrome wheels and poser brushguard. They should offer that on JK.

20" chrome spinners stock.
Karamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2006, 05:53 PM   #26
ghostship
1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleMacLeod
Wow. What a bunch of *******es.

First off, it wasn't a gripe, it was an observation.
No, it was an assuming accusation that Jeep has altered their entire marketing strategy by limiting the color choices of the JK model line in an attempt to be exactly like Hummer, minus the Yellow.

You're wrong, they didn't.

Quote:
Second, it's not so much the fact that several colors are the same or not (OMG! Jeep has it available in black! They copied Henry Ford! WTF.), it's the implication. Regardless of whom offered which color first, the fact is that Jeep has reduced the available colors to several that are very similar to those offered by Hummer. This frightens me a bit, since it APPEARS that Jeep is limiting itself to what is popular in the competion's line-up, instead of setting the trends as it has for years. Others on these boards have made the comment that Jeep is losing it's focus; this could be yet more proof of that idea. I'm not saying that there is a grand conspiracy to emulate Hummer. It just seems that Jeep has lost a bit of it's spirit.
The fact that Jeeps were produced in the same primary colors for years prior to the Hummer ever being invented makes your conclusion retarded.

Quote:
Third: I did not, nor have I EVER, say that I liked the Hummer. Before some people make ******* comments, they should try actually reading the thread (revolutionary, no?) and (here's the real kicker . . .) TRY TO THINK BEFORE YOU RESPOND!!! I know this will be tougher for some people than others, but please, give it a shot.
Idiotic posts like your's are a waste of time responding to.

Quote:
Fourth: If you don't want to participate in a discussion . . . don't. If I made a smartass comment in response to every thread that I disagreed with, I would never leave the computer. Instead, I skip over the threads that I don't feel like participating in.
Perhaps you should stick your JK Bashing posts in the JK Bashing forum section, then you won't have to worry about so many people disagreeing with you. Then again, you could simply try posting something factual. Or you could even continue
to post pure bulls**t, if you would just post one link to a source that backs up your claim. The very last thing you should do is post something so utterly disagreeable, then whine like a little girl when other posters disagree with it.

There, doesn't feel very good, does it?
ghostship is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2006, 08:30 PM   #27
TurtleMacLeod
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostship

Idiotic posts like your's are a waste of time responding to.

Perhaps you should stick your JK Bashing posts in the JK Bashing forum section, then you won't have to worry about so many people disagreeing with you. Then again, you could simply try posting something factual. Or you could even continue
to post pure bulls**t, if you would just post one link to a source that backs up your claim. The very last thing you should do is post something so utterly disagreeable, then whine like a little girl when other posters disagree with it.

There, doesn't feel very good, does it?
And yet, you responded, didn't you? Hmm.

Anyhow, toolbox, I have NEVER bashed the JK. I've been stalking my dealer since June trying to find out when they are coming in, as I plan on buying an Unlimited as soon as I can. I just don't happen to like the colors that are being offered for the JK release. See? This is why I ask that people actually READ the thread before jumping to half-formed conclusions.

How am I posting anything "so utterly disagreeable"? I asked a simple question: if anyone else saw a corelation between available colors. No? That's fine. I'm just raising some ideas for thought and discussion. Obviously, some people are incapable of simply discussing an idea without resorting to flaming. Whatever floats your boat. From now on, we shall all filter any and all ideas through Mr. Ghostship to see if these ideas are suitable for posting.
TurtleMacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2006, 09:35 PM   #28
Bishop Creek
2005 LJ Wrangler 

HUMMER H3 Press Release
The midsize H3ís iconic HUMMER style and unparalleled off-road capability have earned it a prominent position in the growing HUMMER legacy, and extend the brandís passionate following by making it accessible to a broader range of owners.

It is kind of funny to read this for only once have I seen a Hummer on a dirt road, let alone a hardcore trail, and that guy was following me on a perfectly good dirt road through a narrow canyon. After we came to the end of the canyon he said "Wow, I had to put it in four low for that!" Keep in mind that my wife's Corolla could have made it through there with ease.
Unread 08-26-2006, 10:42 AM   #29
Lcars
Nanners...MMMM..Toasty

1995 YJ Wrangler 

OMG, H3 - JK

Both have 2 alpha/numeric symbols!
Originally Posted by JungleLarry
THAT'S MY DICK IN YOUR B*TT!
(Edited for content.)
N7GTJ
View my Paddock Pool construction nightmare at http://www.paddockpoolsucks.com/
Lcars is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.