Jk cb roll bar mount???? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Jk cb roll bar mount????

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 06-18-2013, 11:21 PM   #1
ralph_801
2007 JK Wrangler 

Jk cb roll bar mount????

I just bought a CB radio and I REALLY need help finding a clean way to install it on my top roll bar above the rear view mirror, I've been looking around the net and can't find much. anyone have this done or know a good way to do it? thanks

ralph_801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 11:23 PM   #2
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

There is a tuffy product that installs clean. Search for Tuffy CB. Expensive, though ($200-250?). However, not too bad when you consider the clean install, lockable and powdercoated I guess.
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 11:26 PM   #3
ralph_801
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubAtomicGenius View Post
There is a tuffy product that installs clean. Search for Tuffy CB. Expensive, though ($200-250?). However, not too bad when you consider the clean install, lockable and powdercoated I guess.
that's one of things I ran across, I like that I was just curious to see if anyone had done something simpler? I might have to end up just getting the tuffy
ralph_801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 12:07 AM   #4
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

I searched around myself very recently and ended up fabbing up a mount for my CB with tube and a welder. The only commercial option I found was the tuffy - the other option was a bolt-in roll cage system or something like that, but we're talking big coin.
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 07:51 AM   #5
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Getta Rockhard JK cage-

It comes/w a full center truss that accommodates the CB

Course, you probably don't want a $700 buck CB mount-

JIMBO
JIMBOX is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 09:23 AM   #6
Walle
Soccer Mom and Jeep Hater

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBOX View Post
Getta Rockhard JK cage-
Not to highjack this thread, but I am going to do it. Jimbo - do you have any more pics or a write up on this cage? I have been looking at it.

Walle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 09:37 AM   #7
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

I too did the Rock Hard cage and mounted my CB there. The cage came unpainted and I had it all powder coated prior to installation. Hardest part was trimming all the existing foam covers on the cage to accommodate the new parts. I suppose you could just take them off though and forget about it...I did do that on the front upper connections.
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 09:41 AM   #8
Walle

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyClymer View Post
I too did the Rock Hard cage and mounted my CB there. The cage came unpainted and I had it all powder coated prior to installation. Hardest part was trimming all the existing foam covers on the cage to accommodate the new parts. I suppose you could just take them off though and forget about it...I did do that on the front upper connections.
Thanks! I was on 2 wheels this weekend, and that provided me with some serious pucker factor. So now I am looking at cages...again.
Unread 06-19-2013, 10:24 AM   #9
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Mine is about 4 years old now and the installation info has probably gotten better, but

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walle View Post
Thanks! I was on 2 wheels this weekend, and that provided me with some serious pucker factor. So now I am looking at cages...again.
I installed mine in 2009 and it wasn't an easy job--doable if you have a little experience, but atill a tough fit/layout/bolt-

I painted mine also/w a rustoleum "cast Iron" finish, but I got the Rockhard padding/covers to-

Here's a shot I took years ago/ while trimming the plastic and installing the padding-

JIMBO
JIMBOX is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 10:31 AM   #10
Walle

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBOX View Post
Here's a shot I took years ago/ while trimming the plastic and installing the padding-
Thanks! I like that it will work with my sPOD. I will have to do a little more research. Thanks guys! Ans sorry OP for highjacking the thread...

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.