JK brakes these are going to set the standard! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > JK brakes these are going to set the standard!

ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire Carr*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 06-08-2006, 02:43 PM   #1
barry1me
2012 JK Wrangler 

JK brakes these are going to set the standard!

I used to be an engineer at TRW and JK was one of the programs I worked on. I was in the development stages Pre SO and S1 builds. As we all know the CJ brakes sucked, YJ was better, and TJ was better yet. The JK is a whole new game. DCX is using the JK as a pilot build for other programs brake systems that I know of. These brakes (calipers specific) are going to be carryover to the new minivan RT which is coming out late 07. When We (TRW) developed the brakes they had to be strong enough for the RT which was about 1000lbs heavier then the JK. I know longer work for TRW but Im excited to see how well of a system the JK will have. TRW makes a great brake system, so I think we will all be pleased with the JK. Also the Rotors are almost all machined instead of Cast, so they should have a much better pedal feel, and 'should' last longer

barry1me is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2006, 09:40 PM   #2
Thunderstrike
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Hey, that's a great news. I'm not happy with the TJ's 4-disc brakes. I would be buying one around 2008-2009. Would love to keep my 2004 TJ and have both.
Auto, Power, Remote Start, Towing Package, MyGig Navigation with Lockpick, Rear View Camera, B&M 70268 Transmission Cooler, Aeroforce Interceptor, Valentine 1, Tub Sound-Deadened with Raamat and Ensolite, Hard Top Heat Insulated with 1/2" Styrofoam Insulation, Bilstein Shocks Front & Rear, PIAA Dual Horns, IPF 920H4 Headlights.
Protection: Skid Row Engine Skid, Lower Control Arm skid & Evaporator Skid; Rock Hard Gas Tank Skid; Warn Stainless Steel Differential Skid Front & Rear.
Recovery Gear: Warn 9.5Ti Winch, 11,000# Pull-Pal.
Communication: Uniden 520XL CB, Diesel External Speaker, 3' FireStik Whip.
Shrockworks Mid-width Front Bumper with Warn 9.5Ti Winch -- Ordered 7/17/2009; Bumper Received 12/4/2009.
1" Coil Spacer Front & 1/2" Coil Spacer Rear restored OEM Rake.
4x4 Trips:
Moab - 4/2006, 5/2008, 4/2009, 5/2011, 4/2013
Ouray - 8/2007
Rubicon - 9/2008
Gone, but not forgotten: 2004 TJ, 1999 Audi A4, 1992 VW Jetta GL 5 Speed
Thunderstrike is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.