JK Battery Group Size? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > JK Battery Group Size?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDual Color LED Light Bars White/Amber

Unread 07-17-2007, 02:21 PM   #1
79bigmack

JK Battery Group Size?

Anyone know what the group size is on the JK's battery?

Will a Group 31 battery fit?

thanks,

Mack

2000 Cherokee Sport 4x4 :(
2004 Discovery :(
2003 F-150 4x4
79bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2007, 06:39 PM   #2
79bigmack

Anybody??

I know some of yall are running winches...hopefully you upgraded the battery!!
2003 F-150 4x4
Unread 07-18-2007, 08:41 AM   #3
Volley

I have a deep cycle in mine but don"t recall the size. Will look when I go out to the garage.
Volley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2007, 10:13 AM   #4
MichaelW

Yeah I got a Red Top but when I went to Summit Racing I just said I need a Red Top for my new JK and they gave me a box. I didn't pay attention to size either. I'll go check.
MichaelW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2007, 09:10 PM   #5
IndyJpr

I had an Optima (group size 34) in my old Jeep and was also wondering what size the JK had...couldn't find an answer so I just tried it - it fit!

FYI for anyone considering an Optima - the Optima's posts are closer together than the stock battery so the connectors work better if they are adjusted to an 90 angle verus straight.

Regarding OP question:

It looks like W and H would be OK, L might be a problem. The 31 looks like it is about 2 3/4" longer than the 34. There only about 3/4 to 1" space and each side of the 34 BUT the plastic has some give so you might be able to squeeze it in there.... The JK uses clamps at the base of the battery for retention so the new battery would need to be compatible (have the little ridges).

Hope this helps...
IndyJpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2007, 09:44 PM   #6
79bigmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJpr
I had an Optima (group size 34) in my old Jeep and was also wondering what size the JK had...couldn't find an answer so I just tried it - it fit!

FYI for anyone considering an Optima - the Optima's posts are closer together than the stock battery so the connectors work better if they are adjusted to an 90 angle verus straight.

Regarding OP question:

It looks like W and H would be OK, L might be a problem. The 31 looks like it is about 2 3/4" longer than the 34. There only about 3/4 to 1" space and each side of the 34 BUT the plastic has some give so you might be able to squeeze it in there.... The JK uses clamps at the base of the battery for retention so the new battery would need to be compatible (have the little ridges).

Hope this helps...

Thanks!
2003 F-150 4x4

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.