JK Already Getting Modded ... - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > JK Already Getting Modded ...

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Reply
Unread 09-19-2006, 03:45 PM   #1
dspmans_04_X
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 132
JK Already Getting Modded ...

http://www.burnsvilleoffroad.com/Articles/05_14_06.aspx


This isn't mine but a shop not far from where I live. Getting ready for some real upgrading!

dspmans_04_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2006, 06:28 PM   #2
gjeepguy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Charlotte NC
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspmans_04_X
http://www.burnsvilleoffroad.com/Articles/05_14_06.aspx


This isn't mine but a shop not far from where I live. Getting ready for some real upgrading!
in the works... but no lug nuts, bet its on blocks with the tire/wheels just sitting there.
gjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2006, 11:07 PM   #3
Jeeples
Registered User
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: forum/f310/, UT
Posts: 4,319
Sounds like they're not even going to give the V6 a chance...
__________________
His: '00 WJ 4.7 Limited- stock

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 V8- IRO 3", 245/75/16 Duratracs
Jeeples is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2006, 02:12 AM   #4
jeep_on
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Flagstaff, Arizona
Posts: 1,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples
Sounds like they're not even going to give the V6 a chance...
I wouldn't give it a chance. Its not a Wrangler with out the inline. I think the 4.7L would be a great engine for the JK even though its not an inline. It is how ever a very well tested Jeep engine. Maybe DCX will see their error, and office the 4.7L in the 08 model.
__________________
2006 Dodge RAM Laramie w/ 5.9L I6
2010 Volkswagen Jetta w/ TDI 2.0L I4

Waiting on a 2013 RHD JK Unlimited


Quote:
Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
Wait, you can't cross creeks up there? What the Hell is up with these Canadians?
jeep_on is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2006, 02:47 AM   #5
drummerwookie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Piqua Ohio
Posts: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep_on
I wouldn't give it a chance. Its not a Wrangler with out the inline. I think the 4.7L would be a great engine for the JK even though its not an inline. It is how ever a very well tested Jeep engine. Maybe DCX will see their error, and office the 4.7L in the 08 model.


well hows the 3.8 going to get well tested if no one wants to use it?
__________________
1993 YJ 4.0, 5-spd, 31x10.5 MTRs wrapped around AR Outlaw II's, tabor 9k winch, 4 inch trailmaster lift

gone, but never forgotten: 2006 rubicon, 1998 ZJ, 1995 YJ 4.0

metalhead jeep club #4
drummerwookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2006, 03:33 AM   #6
jeep_on
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Flagstaff, Arizona
Posts: 1,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerwookie
well hows the 3.8 going to get well tested if no one wants to use it?
Honestly, I think JEEP needs to get its head outa its ***. They were doing really well until they did away with the XJ and its been going down hill ever since. Along came the KJ to replace the XJ. Than they were fools and resigned the Grand and now they have this ugly monstrosity called the WK. And don't even get my going on the Compiss.

I think the 3.8L was a mistake. Jeep now has way to many engines covering its line. Now we’ve got the 2.5L, 2.8L, 3.7L, 3.8L, 4.0L, 4.7L 5.2L, 5.7L, 5.9L, and the 6.1L. So that’s 10 engines its having to cover. Now that the 2.5L, 4.0L, 5.2L and the 5.9L engines are no longer being made, we can take them out of the mix, and will can also take the CRD & the big Hemi out since it doesn’t apply to the Wrangler.

So what do we have left? The 3.7L that was designed for the KJ, but has been put in the WK and XK also. And the 4.7L and 5.7L. If they were smart they would have just snagged the KJs 3.7L and shoved that in the JK. Would have saved them tons of R&D and they would have all ready have a trail proven engine.

The 3.7L woud have been a better engine for the JK. It was all ready being made, and is been in the real world for what four years now? Plenty to time to fix its little bugs. But no, they had to come out with a new engine and start all over again.
__________________
2006 Dodge RAM Laramie w/ 5.9L I6
2010 Volkswagen Jetta w/ TDI 2.0L I4

Waiting on a 2013 RHD JK Unlimited


Quote:
Originally Posted by PM Thor View Post
Wait, you can't cross creeks up there? What the Hell is up with these Canadians?
jeep_on is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2006, 03:56 AM   #7
Hip2u77
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep_on
If they were smart they would have just snagged the KJs 3.7L and shoved that in the JK. Would have saved them tons of R&D and they would have all ready have a trail proven engine.

The 3.7L woud have been a better engine for the JK. It was all ready being made, and is been in the real world for what four years now? Plenty to time to fix its little bugs. But no, they had to come out with a new engine and start all over again.

Am I missing something here? Hasn't the 3.8 been around for a lot longer than the 3.7?
Hip2u77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2006, 11:00 AM   #8
yellj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,349
Looks good, but 6" of lift seems excessive, seems 4" would handle 37s at worst a 4" lift and a BL. If they offer a bigger engine, I'm in.
__________________
04 Unlimited RE SF 4.5", 1" MORE BL and MML, ARB Bull Bar, AR23 15x8, 35x12.5 MTRs, Jeep Medic Engine and T/F Skid, Shrockworks Rockers, Warn 9.5ti, AA SYE, ARBs, 4.88s and Alloy USA Shafts, HPD30 w JJs 1967 M416


www.midatlanticjeepers.com
yellj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2006, 11:04 AM   #9
ColoradoTJ
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: LaSalle, Colorado
Posts: 1,581
On paper that makes since but looking at the pics it seems 6" is still a little tight.
__________________
Clint

Colorado Jeep Club Member #60

My Jeep

"If we weren't all crazy we would go insane" J.B.
ColoradoTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2006, 11:28 AM   #10
Sweeney
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Spencer, MA
Posts: 1,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip2u77
Am I missing something here? Hasn't the 3.8 been around for a lot longer than the 3.7?
Yup, a lot longer.
Sweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2006, 12:48 PM   #11
yellj
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoTJ
On paper that makes since but looking at the pics it seems 6" is still a little tight.
Agree, looks like most 4" lifts, then again all lifts / springs are not created equal, had a buddy that had 4" springs and 2" spacers, went with RE 5.5 springs (tried to convince him other wise) got 2" more lift, and those springs are now on E-bay
__________________
04 Unlimited RE SF 4.5", 1" MORE BL and MML, ARB Bull Bar, AR23 15x8, 35x12.5 MTRs, Jeep Medic Engine and T/F Skid, Shrockworks Rockers, Warn 9.5ti, AA SYE, ARBs, 4.88s and Alloy USA Shafts, HPD30 w JJs 1967 M416


www.midatlanticjeepers.com
yellj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2006, 08:20 PM   #12
SCouch
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 236
I have 600 miles on mine, and decided to finally give it a hard time, although it's not a powerhouse, I think it has more power than the 4.0. Highway power is better than the Grand Cherokees I have had with the 4.0 and auto trans. I couldn't tell any difference in low speed power from the TJ 4.0 with 5 speed, this was in a plowed and muddy agriculture field in 4 wheel high. It made it just fine.
SCouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2006, 08:41 PM   #13
table
Registered User
2000 WJ 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCouch
I have 600 miles on mine, and decided to finally give it a hard time, although it's not a powerhouse, I think it has more power than the 4.0. Highway power is better than the Grand Cherokees I have had with the 4.0 and auto trans. I couldn't tell any difference in low speed power from the TJ 4.0 with 5 speed, this was in a plowed and muddy agriculture field in 4 wheel high. It made it just fine.
Doesn't take much to be more powerful than a 4.0 in a WJ on the highway.
__________________
Silverstone 2000 WJ Limited / 4.0L / Quadra-Trac II
table is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2006, 09:17 PM   #14
neZZr
Lifted/Locked/Rolled/Sunk
 
neZZr's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: AZ eventually...
Posts: 4,682


I actually like the 4 door in this picture... normally just don't care for it, but here, it's like a more agressive XJ
__________________
My Hummer Hole video
SIRA 4x4 club

I'll be Savvy someday!
neZZr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2006, 10:02 PM   #15
Jerry All-Bran
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Escondido, California
Posts: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by neZZr


I actually like the 4 door in this picture... normally just don't care for it, but here, it's like a more agressive XJ
I dunno, I look at it, and it's just got this H2 feel to it. My mind is telling me, "no it's a jeep dude" I look again, and same thing. Keep having to remind myself it's a jeep.

edit: And trust me, I see A LOT of H2's...I live in Cornwall. Right on the border between the Mohawk/Akwasasne and no man;s land Cornwall Island. Somehow there are kids driving extremely beefed out Hummers.
Jerry All-Bran is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.