A JK almost kill me - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > A JK almost kill me

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 08-13-2006, 10:29 AM   #1
russw1138

A JK almost killed me

Well not really

So I'm driving my '94 YJ through Reno (just here for the weekend) and as I'm coasting up to a red light just as Jeep wrangler darts out of a gas station parking lot and nearly slams into my right rear fender. I think he misjudged my speed had I approached the red light faster he would not have come close to me.

So he manages to break and whip around my back with out contact and I about to tell this TJ yahoo off when I notice he has a brand spanking new Jeep and then I notice the bumper and the fenders and the roof and the manufacturers plates I go oh crap that's a 2 door JK!

So now we are sitting at a red light he's in the left turn lane I'm in the lane next to him he is one car length a head of me so I can't get his attention to ask him anything. so I decide turn left as well and follow him - only I have no real room to move my car over to the left so I do the best I can and now I sitting half in the turn lane and half in the other. I hate it when people do that but I tell myself it will be okay because as soon as the turn arrow goes green I will be able to move and not block traffic. well as it turns out at this light either the JK didn't trip the turn light sensor (which happen in my YJ all the time) or the turn light goes last at this light. So the turn arrow stays red and the main signal goes green and I sitting half in the lane blocking traffic. So I whip the car back into the through lane go through the light and turn right and pull over to the side and wait for him to turn left. He turns and I begin to follow him so I can get a better look at the car. we go about 2 or 3 blocks and then he does and quick uturn. That's when I realize he must think I'm stalking him because of the near miss.

So needless to say I stop following him and I let my first chance at an up close examination go.

BTW if that had been a 4 door I'd still be following him

Last edited by russw1138; 08-13-2006 at 01:16 PM..
russw1138 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2006, 04:55 PM   #2
TheBluePill

Should have Shot him and kept the JK as a Trophy. (*jk*)
TheBluePill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2006, 09:04 PM   #3
russw1138

actually, after the fact, I was thinking that if I had let him hit me I might have been able to turn that in into a free JK.
Unread 08-14-2006, 06:52 AM   #4
keithert
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Why don't you trip the sensors? I've had that problem on a bike, but never in a car/truck? Even my extremely light Tracker trips the sensors.
keithert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2006, 07:08 PM   #5
ImSuck

i think the short name for it "jk" is retarted i mean come on jk, just kidding, me and my friends always joke about the name, tj at least had some meaning to it, tough jeep, but oh well jeep is starting to lose its touch.
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club member #59
[QUOTE=Grewe02]No such thing. Eat **** and die.[/QUOTE]

lifted with some extra's
......sold
ImSuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2006, 07:57 PM   #6
russw1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSuck
i think the short name for it "jk" is retarted i mean come on jk, just kidding, me and my friends always joke about the name, tj at least had some meaning to it, tough jeep, but oh well jeep is starting to lose its touch.
Here in San Diego TJ means a filthy city to the south
Unread 08-15-2006, 08:00 PM   #7
russw1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyc
I thought most of those sensors were based on flux in magnetic fields, not weight. Anything with enough metal should trip the sensor. Maybe if your vehicle is lifted too high off the ground, it wouldn't affect the magnets enough?

for some reason I have always had problems tripping some lights... btw my YJ has a stock lift and wheels
Unread 08-15-2006, 11:30 PM   #8
scottyc
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithert
Why don't you trip the sensors? I've had that problem on a bike, but never in a car/truck? Even my extremely light Tracker trips the sensors.
I thought most of those sensors were based on flux in magnetic fields, not weight. Anything with enough metal should trip the sensor. Maybe if your vehicle is lifted too high off the ground, it wouldn't affect the magnets enough?
scottyc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-15-2006, 11:31 PM   #9
cjwheeling

Quote:
I've had the same issue in a couple of my lifted Jeeps.
cjwheeling is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2006, 11:10 AM   #10
mikejwil

Quote:
Something like that... If you put a chunk of ferrous metal inside a loop of wire, a current is induced in the wire. I'm not sure how much metal is required for those sensors, but in may be something to do with how high off the ground he is.
1999 XJ 4.0L,AX15,NP231,D30HP,C8.25
STOLEN
1993 XJ 4.0L,AW4 ,NP231,D30HP,C8.25:::C4X4 THB:GDI 3row:K&N:JKS QD: Dynomax#17340:MagnaflowCat#23221:Surco 45x60
mikejwil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-16-2006, 12:29 PM   #11
table
2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBluePill
Should have Shot him and kept the JK as a Trophy. (*jk*)

JK as a trophy... and then *jk* !!! GET IT!! AAAHAHAA!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.