JK 2" lift? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > JK 2" lift?

CCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 04-25-2007, 08:34 PM   #1
rondawg

JK 2" lift?

I just bought an X. I'm thinking of a 2" Teraflex lift and putting 285/70/17 BFG Muds. Is that enough lift? I was told adding more lift will void the warranty? Does anyone have a photo of this set up?

rondawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2007, 08:38 PM   #2
Squint

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondawg
I just bought an X. I'm thinking of a 2" Teraflex lift and putting 285/70/17 BFG Muds. Is that enough lift? I was told adding more lift will void the warranty? Does anyone have a photo of this set up?
I have a 1 3/4" Daystar Budget Boost with 305/70R17 Summit Mud Dawgs and only a very small amount of rubbing at fully cranked. The lift will only void your warranty if it causes a malfunction. The dealer has to prove it. Check this out: http://www.sema.org/main/semaorghome.aspx?ID=50096

Last edited by Squint; 04-25-2007 at 08:49 PM..
Squint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2007, 08:43 PM   #3
donkie

Warranties are never "voided" just put on restriction requiring the regional rep to personally inspect the vehicle before repair is authorized.
donkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2007, 05:15 PM   #4
rbrough1010

Quick Question

2" BB. Do I need the new shocks or will the lift be good without them. Do the new ones make that much of a difference. Extra money would go to better tires and/or air intake or rims, don't know which one yet.
rbrough1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2007, 07:35 PM   #5
Matthew Davis
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondawg
Hello,

I installed a Teraflex 2.5BB last weekend. The instructions were a total crapfest. The Xerox'ed quality instruction sheet had unintelligible photos and the 'one page document' had a second page stapled to it that told you how to install the 'substitute' front bump-stops because the normal (non crappy) ones were out of stock. The replacements required drilling. The normal ones would be drill-less pop-ins. The instructions also assume you already know what is going on. While the process is more or less self-explanatory, it would be nice if they did not assume you have taken apart a suspension before.

The parts seemed nice and stout otherwise and 2.5" looks higher than I expected.

-Matt
Matthew Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2007, 11:19 PM   #6
Diesel0312

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Davis
Hello,

I installed a Teraflex 2.5BB last weekend. The instructions were a total crapfest. The Xerox'ed quality instruction sheet had unintelligible photos and the 'one page document' had a second page stapled to it that told you how to install the 'substitute' front bump-stops because the normal (non crappy) ones were out of stock. The replacements required drilling. The normal ones would be drill-less pop-ins. The instructions also assume you already know what is going on. While the process is more or less self-explanatory, it would be nice if they did not assume you have taken apart a suspension before.

The parts seemed nice and stout otherwise and 2.5" looks higher than I expected.

-Matt
I installed the Teraflex BB tonight. I didn't even look at the instructions they sent until I was finished. I took my laptop into the garage and went through this:
http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ation-write-up

They should by the rights from the guy wrote and took the pictures, then include them with the kit.
Mods: Windshield mounted Hella FF1000 driving lights, Rugged Ridge front grab handles, CLC rear grab handles, Teraflex 2.5" BB, Quadratec boor handle covers, Bestop spare cover, Custom front bumper, 17X9 Pro Comp 1079's, 305/17/R17 Buckshot Mudders.
In the works: Custom rear bumper.
Diesel0312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2007, 11:39 PM   #7
jeepers3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squint
The dealer has to prove it.
I disagree. Dealer only has to claim it. They can claim whatever they want. If you don't like their claim, then you have to take them to court and fight about it - which can be a long, grueling, and expensive process - even if you do eventually win some years later.
jeepers3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.