JK 2 door 2" budget boost. Will I have to get longer shocks? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > JK 2 door 2" budget boost. Will I have to get longer shocks?

2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black Sun Shade (Rugged Ridge)2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Smoked Style Hood Air DeflectorIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-09-2009, 03:49 PM   #1
liquidean
2007 JK Wrangler 

JK 2 door 2" budget boost. Will I have to get longer shocks?

Can anyone tell me if I will need to get new, longer shocks if I install a 2" spacer lift on my 2007 2 door JK? I drive only on the street; never off-road. I just want a little larger tire. I have Rubicon shocks on there now. Are Rubicon shocks longer than X or Sahara shocks in order to give more travel for off road? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Dean

liquidean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2009, 03:54 PM   #2
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

just get a BB kit that includes shock extensions. Then you can keep your stock shocks and have no worries.

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
N2rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2009, 05:17 PM   #3
BAMAJK
2009 JK Wrangler 

^^yep
10char
BLUE JEEP #237
BAMAJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2009, 06:44 PM   #4
RacingRandie
2009 JK Wrangler 

Get the RC 2.5" BB $155.00 to the door. It comes with the shock extensions and it levels the jeep.... 2.5" lift front and 2" lift rear. Love it as it has not changed the ride of my JK at all... just the height, and it was super easy to install.........Good Luck
RacingRandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2009, 07:06 PM   #5
MattJK09
2009 JK Wrangler 

X2 above post from Randie. Look at my thread started today on my 2.5" BB installed last night. You will be happy with the results with this kit.
Unread 10-10-2009, 09:47 PM   #6
SilvRSpeedX3
2008 JK Wrangler 

where did you order your RC lift from? I see a few people have been talking about it and the price sounds good too
Unread 10-11-2009, 07:49 AM   #7
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvRSpeedX3 View Post
where did you order your RC lift from? I see a few people have been talking about it and the price sounds good too
directly from Rough Country: Suspension Lift Kits, Body Lifts, Leveling Kit, 4x4, Jeep, Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Off-road Truck and mention you are a jeepforum member and you get a discount

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
N2rock is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.