Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

JK 1 ton Swap- Electronics Delete

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  OzarksYJ 
#1 ·
Will be pickin up a JKU pretty soon and either way (Sport or Rubi) I'll probably swap axles to run 37's. I already have 60/14b to go under it, so long story longer... Is it possible or good to delete abs, tone ring, etc and have simple, mechanical install to eliminate the junk?

Edumacate m...:nerd:e

#2 ·
Removing the ABS will result in a constant ABS light on the dash and will affect other systems as well. The speedometer/odometer is dependent on wheel speed sensors, as is the cruise control.
ABS is a highly integrated system any more. Not like earlier types that you could just unplug a relay and a fuse and be good to go...

#5 ·
Personally, I'd only try to delete major features if you're going all the way and removing 100% of the stock electronics (including the full computer system, stock gauges, the whole interior CAN bus, etc.).

I think you'll just make awful headaches for yourself if you try to remove half of the electronics, unless you can find someone who's actually done it and it works. Or I guess try unplugging stuff and see if it's fine before you make any real decisions at least.

#11 ·
Seems as though most swap kits have been designed for the newer super duty 1 ton 60's. Funny as to the problem with the "mythical", or at least hard to find '79 D60, where before it was very desireable, now maybe not so much. Just need to get creative...

or find an LJ:grin2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.