Jingling in Stick Shift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Jingling in Stick Shift

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 09-18-2014, 07:31 AM   #1
gsurf

Jingling in Stick Shift

Hi everyone, I purchased a brand new 2014 JK about 2 months ago. I've noticed recently that when shifting I hear a 'jingling' coming from the stick shift area. It happens almost always in 1st and 2nd gear, but goes away in higher gears. It gets louder with how hard I accelerate. I don't think it is coming from the engine because when I rev the engine in neutral there is no sound. When I hold the stick firmly in those gears I mentioned it does get slightly lessened. Anyone have ideas as to what this could be? Kind of frustrating since it is brand new. Thanks for your help in advance!

gsurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2014, 07:56 AM   #2
TexanTJ
Uncensored & Honest

2014 JK Wrangler 

No direct experience with this, but I have known the t case linkages to jingle and clank when they are not adjusted or tightened properly.

I would suggest that you take it back to the dealer and check it out. Being it a new Jeep, there is no sense in you wasting your time or money chasing and diagnosing a problem that they should and will fix for free.

TexanTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2014, 08:32 AM   #3
gsurf

I appreciate your response. This is the first brand new car I've ever owned. I live in NJ but bought the car in PA (there were no unlimiteds in the sahara trim with a manual within 300 miles of where I live). Would I have to bring it all the way back to PA (6 hour drive) for service, or will I be able to bring it to a local dealership for service? I know that is probably an elementary question but I've never had to deal with this before. Thanks!
Unread 09-18-2014, 08:59 AM   #4
smcutter
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Any Jeep dealership will honor the warranty.

More of a Tinkering Thread than a Build Thread (smcutter)

Colorado Jeep Club Member #302
Keep Calm and Chive On!
And for the record, I'm probably judging you for your bad grammar or spelling.
smcutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2014, 09:13 AM   #5
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurf View Post
Anyone have ideas as to what this could be? Kind of frustrating since it is brand new.
I agree with the others; I'd go to a local dealer and have them look at it.
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread Today, 09:51 AM   #6
gsurf

Thanks everyone, appointment made for Monday. I'll let you know what it turns out to be.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.