Jenny Craig's Regret (or how I made more cushion for the pushin') - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Jenny Craig's Regret (or how I made more cushion for the pushin')

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 01-30-2013, 09:48 PM   #61
NYGLT56
Your Local Body Builder
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walle

Pics tomorrow or next week after I get back to town. Driveshafts are out and awaiting the replacements. I want 40s, but I don't think it will happen for a bit.
Drill? Or CO this weekend.

Unread 01-30-2013, 09:49 PM   #62
Walle
Soccer Mom and Jeep Hater

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGLT56

Drill? Or CO this weekend.
Denver this weekend and drill next. Oh joy...
Walle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2013, 11:23 PM   #63
Walle

2012 JK Wrangler 

So, my dad is funny. He bought a '12 JKU Arctic before deploying to Afghanistan for a year. He came back and within a week traded it in for a '12 Dodge 3500. I told him that he would be back in a JK and sell the Dodge within 6 months. Today, he traded in his truck and his '12 Lexus IS 250 for a '13 JK and WK2. He called to tell me that he missed his Jeep too much...
image-2490858559.jpg   image-2724074428.jpg   image-2383974035.jpg   image-3375995412.jpg  
Unread 01-31-2013, 10:15 AM   #64
Walle

2012 JK Wrangler 

Short update, and before you start...I know I need to add pictures. I had a slight issue with my driveshafts, and I am having to return them. New ones are being made and shipped today. I cannot express my gratitude and how impressed I am with Kevin and James at Adams Driveshafts. Those guys are awesome! There was a mix up and miscommunication with my order. Needless to say, the guys went out of their way to fix my issue. They are sending me two new driveshafts and return labels for the first order. Amazing customer service. After I get the new ones, I will post pictures of them.

Meanwhile, I think I may be having an issue with my RCVs. They are clicking and popping like crazy when in 4-high or 4-low. I think I will be making a phone call today!
Unread 01-31-2013, 11:04 AM   #65
NYGLT56
Your Local Body Builder
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Short update, and before you start...I know I need to add pictures. I had a slight issue with my driveshafts, and I am having to return me. New ones are being made and shipped today. I cannot express my gratitude and how impressed I am with Kevin and James at Adams Driveshafts. Those guys are awesome! There was a mix up and miscommunication with my order. Needless to say, the guys went out of their way to fix my issue. They are sending me two new driveshafts and return labels for the first order. Amazing customer service. After I get the new ones, I will post pictures of them.

Meanwhile, I think I may be having an issue with my RCVs. They are clicking and popping like crazy when in 4-high or 4-low. I think I will be making a phone call today!
Lunch time is now. Lets get Marc and vamos
Unread 01-31-2013, 11:17 AM   #66
Walle

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGLT56 View Post
Lunch time is now. Lets get Marc and vamos
I would love to, but I am busy here at work. Look at what cpak80 provided...Show Marc

2007 JK 2dr w/ a D35

Unread 01-31-2013, 11:25 AM   #67
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Quote:
Good luck. Getting a prostitute for free is easier than getting RCV to warranty something

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 11:27 AM   #68
Walle

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6 View Post
Good luck. Getting a prostitute for free is easier than getting RCV to warranty something
Man, that is not what I want to hear. I had read they were pretty good about it. I hope not because I would like them to be fixed before EJS.
Unread 01-31-2013, 11:30 AM   #69
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

See, I have heard nothing but bad about RCV once the sale is completed and money in their pocket. I refuse to do business with them.

Unread 01-31-2013, 11:47 AM   #70
Walle

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6 View Post
See, I have heard nothing but bad about RCV once the sale is completed and money in their pocket. I refuse to do business with them.
Looks like I get to rebuild my RCVs...

As you are already aware, RCV Performance’s lifetime warranty does not cover wear. The clicking noise is a result of extra clearance from wear within the internal CV components, which can be accelerated by over-steering. We have heard your concerns over the price of our rebuild kits. We know you pay a premium price for a premium product, so we have decided to lower the price of the rebuild kits to keep maintenance costs at a minimum. Our goal here at RCV Performance is to offer the best products on the market and back it with the finest customer service possible. We do listen to your opinions, and strive to better our business by them.

Regards,
RCV Performance
Unread 01-31-2013, 12:17 PM   #71
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Superior and CTM with their lifetime no questions asked warranty gets my business. And they're a couple hundred bills cheaper

Unread 01-31-2013, 12:25 PM   #72
David_M

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walle View Post
Looks like I get to rebuild my RCVs...

As you are already aware, RCV Performance’s lifetime warranty does not cover wear. The clicking noise is a result of extra clearance from wear within the internal CV components, which can be accelerated by over-steering. We have heard your concerns over the price of our rebuild kits. We know you pay a premium price for a premium product, so we have decided to lower the price of the rebuild kits to keep maintenance costs at a minimum. Our goal here at RCV Performance is to offer the best products on the market and back it with the finest customer service possible. We do listen to your opinions, and strive to better our business by them.

Regards,
RCV Performance
That down right sux! Sorry to hear of your troubles. How long did you run them before these issues? I just purchased a set included with my new ProRock 44. To learn this is what I have to look forward too is disheartning...
Unread 01-31-2013, 12:44 PM   #73
ArticRubi
Arrogant SOB

2008 JK Wrangler 

If it makes anyone feel better, Superior's customer service sucks balls too. I choose performance.

Build Thread

Need parts? Need product advice? Contact Jason at Krawl Off-Road
ArticRubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2013, 02:33 PM   #74
Walle

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_M View Post
That down right sux! Sorry to hear of your troubles. How long did you run them before these issues? I just purchased a set included with my new ProRock 44. To learn this is what I have to look forward too is disheartning...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArticRubi View Post
If it makes anyone feel better, Superior's customer service sucks balls too. I choose performance.
Well...it depends on who you ask for how long I have ran them. They may or may not have came with my D44s I bought.

I don't know how long they have been ran, but I do know that the rebuild kit is $95 per axle, so $190, grease, time, cussing, and beer to rebuild them. I definitely want to rebuild them before I head off to Moab. I just hope there is no other damage to them other than the CVs. I won't know until I get into them.

Unread 01-31-2013, 03:46 PM   #75
Walle

2012 JK Wrangler 

I needed to rebuild the joints on my front TeraFlex track bar, so I called up TF and spoke with AJ. Long story short, I have the old style track bar that was breaking at some point. He shipped me a new front track bar, and I purchased a new rear for a hell of a deal. New track bars will be here next Wednesday! Thanks AJ!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.