Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Jenny Craig's Regret (or how I made more cushion for the pushin')

62K views 457 replies 31 participants last post by  NYGLT56 
#1 ·
Current build sheet (as of 26 Jan 16):

Suspension
  • 4" Currie Suspension
  • Upper and Lower Johnny Joint adjustable control arms
  • Progressively wound coil springs
  • Front urethane bump stop kit
  • Rear bump stop spacers
  • Rear coil spring retaining kit
  • Stainless braided extended brake line kit
  • TeraFlex tuned Fox Racing 2.0 Long Travel Shocks w/ Remote Resivoirs
  • TeraFlex Front and Rear Speedbumps (4"-6" Lift)
  • Synergy Rear Long Travel Upper Shock Mounts w/ Synergy bar pin eliminators
  • ANTIROCK® Front Sway Bar
  • ANTIROCK® Rear Sway Bar
Wheels and Tires
  • 37x12.50R17 Cooper Discoverer STTs
  • 17x9.5 Raceline Monster Beadlocks w/ Steel outer ring
Armor
  • MetalCloak's Frame-Built Jeep Bumper w/ fairlead and light bar
  • Superwinch EPi 9.0 w/ synthetic line and Factor 55 ProLink Loaded Thimble
  • PSC BFH rear bumper w/ shackle tabs
  • PSC Rear Crusher Corners w/ TruckLite clear LED tail lights and reverse lights
  • Rock Hard 4x4 Parts Oil Pan, Transmission & Catalytic Converter Skid Plate
  • Rock Hard 4x4 Parts Fuel Tank Skid
  • SJKS Prerunner Rock Sliders
  • RROR Evap Canister Skid
Drivetrain
  • Adams 1310 Front and Rear Driveshafts
Front Axle
  • Dana 44
  • 5.13 Superior gears
  • RCV Shafts
  • Reid Racing High Steer Knuckles
  • Synergy Suspension Ball Joints
  • Synergy Suspension HD tie rod
  • Synergy Suspension HD flipped drag link
  • Synergy Suspension Track Bar Relocation Mount
  • E-Locker
  • JW Fabrication front axle truss
  • Ballistic Fabrication Diff Cover
  • TeraFlex Sleeves
  • Gusseted
  • TeraFlex Monster HD Track Bar
  • Lower Control Arm Skids
  • Frontend Housing Johnny Joint Kit
Rear Axle
  • Dana 44
  • 5.13 G2 gears
  • Superior Shafts
  • E-Locker
  • Artec Truss
  • TeraFlex Monster HD rear track bar
  • Rock Krawler Track Bar Relocation Bracket
  • Ballistic Fabrication Diff Cover
  • EVO Rockstar Skids
  • TeraFlex Monster HD Track Bar
Accessories
  • 430N Navigation Head Unit
  • Offroad Heroes Fastback Top
  • TruckLite LED Replacement Headlights
  • SWS Wiring harness
  • LED lights w/ KC light mounts
  • LightForce Lancer Lights w/ yellow combo light covers
  • TeraFlex HD Hinged Carrier and Adjustable Spare Tire Mounting Kit w/ Hinged Carrier Accessory Mount and Hi-Lift RotopaX Mount
  • 48" Hi-Lift jack
  • aFe CAI
  • aFe throttle body spacer
  • aFe y-pipe
  • aFe hi-tuck exhaust
  • ARB Recovery Kit
  • Cobra 75 WX ST CB w/ Firestick
  • sPOD
  • Trek Armor seat covers
  • SpiderTrax 1.5" wheel spacers
  • 37" Tire Chains

=================================================================================
I started a build thread about 8 or 9 months ago, but I got busy with school and life. I am starting a new one.

Here she is off the lot and then again going up Left Hand Canyon in Boulder, CO.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Haha, yea...I started building her in late April - early May. I stated a build thread and posted the first picture and a wish list...but then school course load got heavy, work full time, AF Reserve gig...blah blah blah. Life got in the way of me posting her progress, but she is almost to a point I can leave her alone while the checking account has a chance to replenish.

Yea, I really like the ACE narrow fenders. I have all ACE products - fenders, front stubby with stinger, rock rails, rear bumper with tire carrier, tramp stamp, and I have their decals all over my JK bc I am one of their 'sponsored' JKs. They make amazing products!

:cheers:

#4 ·
Just purchased:

Currie 4" lift with front and rear Antirock and trac bars (be here tomorrow)
5 - Cragar 17x9 Soft 8s (next Thursday)
2 JK Rubi Dana 44s (picking up this weekend)
Front:
RCV Shafts
5:13 Gears
Poly Performance Ball Joints
E Locker
Custom Truss
Sleeved
Gusset
Ballistic Fab Diff Cover

Rear:
Superior Shafts
5:13 Gears
E Locker
Artec Truss
Ballistic fab Diff Cover

The girlfriend and I are gonna have a blast this weekend! :2thumbsup:

#14 ·
So I am still backtracking to post everything I have done up to this point, but here are some pictures from today.

Attachments

#24 ·
Thanks man! I may bring it to NC this coming summer. We will see.

Subscribed. Nice pics! I was looking at your stance, I noticed your toe-in looks a bit off. Did you do this on purpose? Educate me please!
Thanks buddy! I am toed-in about a 1/8 -1/16 of an inch. It is on purpose. It helps compensate for the lift and the bigger tires. Anything more than 1/8" can cause wobble and irregular wear of your tires. My buddy Marc does a lot of the work, or instructs me on what to do. :laugh:

As far as those headlights go...it was a fail! Huge Fail! I made sure and asked 3 people before I ordered them. Well...they just called me and said there was a mistake, and they told me the wrong thing. There was only one headlamp in the box. The manager at the store is working with me, but damn it, I knew it was too good to be true! :brickwall

#25 ·
Walle said:
Thanks man! I may bring it to NC this coming summer. We will see.

Thanks buddy! I am toed-in about a 1/8 -1/16 of an inch. It is on purpose. It helps compensate for the lift and the bigger tires. Anything more than 1/8" can cause wobble and irregular wear of your tires. My buddy Marc does a lot of the work, or instructs me on what to do. :laugh:

As far as those headlights go...it was a fail! Huge Fail! I made sure and asked 3 people before I ordered them. Well...they just called me and said there was a mistake, and they told me the wrong thing. There was only one headlamp in the box. The manager at the store is working with me, but damn it, I knew it was too good to be true! :brickwall
Awful.

The toe-in looks like toe-out. Prob just a visual effect of the pic. I guess when I get my alignment ill tell them to set it at 1/8". Is that what that Project-JK alignment article recommended?

#26 ·
The manager is making me a deal on the lights, but I am getting ready to go on a snowboarding trip to north Colorado. I could justify the sale price, but I can't justify the Manager's special price right now... :thumbdown:

It is an optical illusion with the ACE fenders. :laugh: I think that is what the Project-JK article recommends, but more importantly to me, it is what Marc recommends. He has a shop here in town. Pretty smart dude, and no one else gets to work on my Jeep.

#38 ·
That LJ looks naaaasty. Specs?
That is Marc's Jeep. 2000 TJ with the stretch. 5.9 V8 out of a Cherokee R/T, 40" Toyos, custom long arm, 4.88s - 60 in the rear and HP 44 in the front, and Detroit lockers.

He has 12" King coilovers for the front, 16" Fox coilovers for the rear, RCVs, Yukon chromoly shafts - 35 spline, Johnny Joints w/ custom arms - All awaiting install.

He does all of his own work and fabs all his stuff.

Maybe that will keep you entertained more than my build. :pout:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.