Jeeps are officially built like tin cans. - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Jeeps are officially built like tin cans.

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 04-26-2011, 04:39 AM   #211
spedly
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonVette View Post
What I can't ever seem to understand is why on earth do TJ & yj owners come to this forum?

Don't you goofballs know that most of us jk owners USED to own previous wranglers before? Look at the majority of jk owners profiles on this website, nearly all are 30-50 years old, wife, kids and more outdoorsy. Now, look at the TJ & yj posters just in this thread alone... What do you see? 17-25 year old dudes.

I cannot have a fair debate without mentally crushing some 18 year old. So, I stay out of these moronic diatribes.

A wife & two kids, I own a home, a dog, hunting & fishing gear... I am sure as he'll not going to buy a TJ or yj. Reliability, safety, comfort and a badassed lifted 4 door jeep with the top down, baby! THATS why we own jk's
I have a house, a dog, and a soon to be wife what does that have anything to do with anything? I have a TJ is a great vehicle. Its a lot more reliable then the brand new JK thats for sure. Plus everyone knows JEEPs have 2 doors and 3 pedals.

Unread 04-26-2011, 04:43 AM   #212
jeeperjk
Web Wheeler
2009 JK Wrangler 

Actually... Jeeps have no doors and 3 pedals.
jeeperjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 05:25 AM   #213
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spedly View Post
I have a house, a dog, and a soon to be wife what does that have anything to do with anything? I have a TJ is a great vehicle. Its a lot more reliable then the brand new JK thats for sure. Plus everyone knows JEEPs have 2 doors and 3 pedals.
Are we still bickering over this? If we wanted to get technical, your tj is nothing like the GP that started it all - 5 gears is way too many for the transmission, and a/c? You trader! Why do you run around with your windshield up? Why is it anything other than olive drab? must be an abomination as well, yeah?

Wait until the woman that is marrying you wants to have kids, and you find out thats its not okay to stuff said babies into the ammo can under the hood or the portable storage speaker boxes in the back...where do they go now
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 06:51 AM   #214
442Wrangler
In like Flynn.

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove View Post
Are we still bickering over this? If we wanted to get technical, your tj is nothing like the GPV that started it all - 5 gears is way too many for the transmission, and a/c? You traitor! Why do you run around with your windshield up? Why is it anything other than olive drab? must be an abomination as well, yeah?

Wait until the woman that is marrying you wants to have kids, and you find out thats its not okay to stuff said babies into the ammo can under the hood or the portable storage speaker boxes in the back...where do they go now
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Greatest comment so far.

1998 TJ Sahara Sold
-3.25" RC spring lift, Eagle alloys 125s, 33x12.5x15 Cooper STTs, XRC8 winch with stock bumper mount

1994 YJ SE Sold
-4" RC spring lift, 33x12.5x15 Firestone M/Ts, Eagle alloys 125, and a 4 cylinder to boot

1960 Willys Wagon
-Going to be restored and painted Omaha Orange

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."
-Steve McQueen

Male RN Jeep Club #1
442Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 07:04 AM   #215
JkFuriousd
2010 JK Wrangler 

As the great Rev. Rodney King once said "Can't we all just get along?"

The history of Jeep goes a little something like this:

God creates the Willys
All is good in jeepland
The YJ is created and CJ owners hate on its Square headlights
CJ owners finally settle their differences with YJ owners as they find a common enemy. The TJ and it's crazy coil suspension.
CJ and YJ owners settle their differences with TJ owners as they find a common enemy. The JK and its crazy... apparently everything!
Historians believe that JK owners will ultimately be accepted when a new enemy replaces it in the near future!
Unread 04-26-2011, 07:06 AM   #216
wranglerchik00

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Can a moderator delete useless postings like these?
wranglerchik00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 07:07 AM   #217
rkham11
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeperjk View Post
Actually... Jeeps have no doors and 3 pedals.
hahaha That's how we do it!
rkham11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 07:09 AM   #218
spedly
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by molshove View Post
Are we still bickering over this? If we wanted to get technical, your tj is nothing like the GP that started it all - 5 gears is way too many for the transmission, and a/c? You trader! Why do you run around with your windshield up? Why is it anything other than olive drab? must be an abomination as well, yeah?

Not really. Just stirring the pot. And to get technical no my TJ has a sm465 4-speed, no windshield or ac and it is half olive drab(need more paint to finish it). It does have coils and a cage though so you got me there.

If she ever wants kids they'll have to ride in her car.
Unread 04-26-2011, 07:09 AM   #219
JkFuriousd
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglerchik00 View Post
Mine or Yours?
Unread 04-26-2011, 08:01 AM   #220
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spedly View Post
Not really. Just stirring the pot. And to get technical no my TJ has a sm465 4-speed, no windshield or ac and it is half olive drab(need more paint to finish it). It does have coils and a cage though so you got me there.

If she ever wants kids they'll have to ride in her car.
touche

Quote:
Originally Posted by JkFuriousd View Post
Mine or Yours?
my thoughts exactly. I vote to move this to GD and let the fun continue - this is moderately entertaining, and I think the OP gave up on the original question after he was blasted to hell and back. Would love to hear an update though, I'll bet the dealer worked with him.
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 08:05 AM   #221
RedZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wranglerchik00 View Post
this whole thread is useless.
RedZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 08:09 AM   #222
JkFuriousd
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZJ View Post
this whole thread is useless.
true but the Mod's would have to give up their day jobs to delete every semi-useless thread on these boards!

What they need to do is create a GD sub forum with sub forums:

CJ vs YJ Discussion
CJ/YJ vs TJ Discussion
CJ/YJ/TJ vs JK Discussion
(Beta) Jk vs Pentastar JK Discussion (we all know it's going to be needed in about 6 months!)
Unread 04-26-2011, 08:34 AM   #223
jeeperjk
Web Wheeler
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JkFuriousd View Post
true but the Mod's would have to give up their day jobs to delete every semi-useless thread on these boards!

What they need to do is create a GD sub forum with sub forums:

CJ vs YJ Discussion
CJ/YJ vs TJ Discussion
CJ/YJ/TJ vs JK Discussion
(Beta) Jk vs Pentastar JK Discussion (we all know it's going to be needed in about 6 months!)
Day jobs? Day jobs? What're we payin' 'em for anyway?
jeeperjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 09:13 AM   #224
BLK2000TJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I have a TJ and 2 JK's. Not sure which side to choose. But back to the OP's original post, It's your fault -get over it.
BLK2000TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2011, 09:57 AM   #225
PacedogFL
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Nissans bend the easiest.
PacedogFL is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.