(jeeperjk) WIN'S The April, JK of the Month Contest! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > (jeeperjk) WIN'S The April, JK of the Month Contest!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFG

View Poll Results: Vote here for April JK of the Month
fourplyn 32 34.41%
WVUJeeper 5 5.38%
alexkemple 8 8.60%
Domovoi 10 10.75%
priell3 1 1.08%
SterlingArcher 5 5.38%
jeeperjk 32 34.41%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 04-24-2011, 02:30 AM   #1
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

(jeeperjk) WIN'S The April, JK of the Month Contest!

It's Time To Vote
for the

April, JK of the Month!

fourplyn

Well this thing started its journey a little over 2 years ago. I bought it used off a dealer for $22,500. and they had just replaced the brain it under warranty. I drove it to Seattle where I had just moved. Worked there for a year. During this, I bought Husky Liners for the front and cargo area. Being from Alaska originally I new how much mud/water/dirt I would end up with in those area's. I installed a 2.5" Tera Flex BB lift on it off craigslist for $120. Got some 1.5" wheel spacers and called it good. I also installed the same lift on a friends 2 dr JK and he swapped me his Rubicon tires for my highway tires... Then I moved back to Denver and got a ton of work from my business. So I started researching and decided on the lift I have now. I scored deals left and right on the different suspension parts. Like the Elka shocks, I got for $700 for 4. Sold the rears and bought the springs for the front. I'm still working on this build. I have a lot of plans..And have been taking my time to get the needed things. I'm in no rush. I want it tough as hell before I seek out any trail's. Its been one year sense this last transformation. Hopefully in the next month I'll get the suspension done and the exterior done as well.

Stock D44 axles

5.38 gears

Front:
Trussed - Rock Krawler
C- Gusset's upper/lower (Powder Coated black)- Poly Performance
Inner sleeved - Poly Performance
Red Neck Ram Hydro Assist Steering
PSC 1600psi Pump
PSC Filtered Reservoir
Poison Spyder Evap Skid
Tie Rod Clamp 1.75" - Poly Performance
Tie Rod Pro Alum. - Rock Krawler w/ stock tie rod ends drilled w/ zirk fitting
Diff. covers - ARB (powder coated blue)
3.5" Rock Krawler Coil Over lift
Elka Racing Shocks 11" w/ Remote Reservoir's 250lb upper springs, 350lb lower springs (all powder coated blue)
Track Bars Front Adjustable, Pro Alum. - Rock Krawler
Drag Link (Steel) (Silver) Pro series - Rock Krawler
Ultimate Steering upgrade flip kit pro alum. - Rock Krawler
Extended Stainless Steel brake lines - Rock Krawler
Upper/Lower Coil-Over mounts (powder coated black)- Rock Krawler
Upper Shock Mount small brackets - Gen Right
Stock Ball Joint's drilled w/ Zirk Fittings on top, stock on bottom - Mopar
40" x 18" Pro Comp X-Terrain's
18" Spyder Locks Powder coated blue, rings modified (left bare)
RAD valves in each wheel from Rough Country Specialties
Front bumper BFH - Poison Spyder
Winch Thimble, not installed yet, powder coated blue
D-Rings (blue) - Smitty Built
Adj. Front upper/lower mid arms - Rock Krawler

Rear:
3.5" Coil's - Rock Krawler
Spring Wedges - Rock Krawler
Track Bar Rear Adjustable, Pro Alum - Rock Krawler
Extended brake lines stainless steel - Rock Krawler
Bilstein 5150 Shocks 2" longer than should be
Lower Shock mount's 2" higher than stock - Rock Krawler
Rear Bumper - Poison Spyder BFH
Rear Tramp Stamp - Poison Spyder
Rear 3 link w/ Pro. Aluminum Adj. lowers

Things to come:
Installing 3 link in rear, moving rear axle back 1"
-Modified upper spring buckets, add cylinder for spring to slide on. To get more droop on the suspension
-Extended lower spring perches w/ spring retainers.
Poison Spyder crusher flares in Aluminum (powder coated to match but with a black edge.
Rear body armor - either Nemesis Offroad or Poison Spyder w/ LED lights flush mounted & Classic Mopar Gas cap w/blue accent's.
Lexan hood being designed. 6lbs under the stock 68lbs
Superwinch Rock 95 w/ 50' of extra synthetic rope.
Drop down tailgate with hinges eliminated and flushed
All hinges powder coated black
Custom roll cage built myself
RSE powered step Rock sliders w/ inner step powder coated blue
Skid plates , haven't decided on who yet.
Custom HID headlights w/ blinkers & forward running LED's. w/ Blue matching bezel
Grille modified to look like the old CJ grille and signals removed.
Corbue Bucket seats in matching silver/blue material.

I hope this helps. I've got lots of plans for this toy of mine. When I get a new welder I'll be doing much more. like adding a hidden hitch in the rear Poison Spyder bumper.

WVUJeeper

While I was in College they came out with the JK Unlimited....I was hooked. After I graduated it took about 3 weeks for me to get a job, move from West Virginia to Wyoming, receive my first paycheck, then drive 8 hrs to Salt Lake City to pick up my base model Rescue Green JK Unlimited. I had hardly gotten out of the lot on the test drive when I told the Salesman that I was going to buy it. At 12,000 miles I could not stand the dinky 29" tires and crappy wheels any more, so I installed my RC Budget Boost and 35" KM2's.

That was 3 years ago. Now I live in Colorado and wheel the heck out of it whenever I get a chance.

Future plans include Poison Spyder BFH bumpers and T&T skid plates.

Mods (optional):

---Engine/Driveline---
- Nada

---Suspension/Tires---
-RC 2.5" BB w/shock extensions
-315/75/16 BFG KM2's
-ProComp 7089 16x10

---Armor/Protection---
-Stock Skid's

---Interior/Communications---
-Mastercraft Grab Handles
-No Carpet
-Cobra Chrome CB

---Exterior---
KC Slimlights on KC windshield mounts

---Recovery Gear---
-Recovery straps
-Tools

alexkemple

Mopar off-road bumper with Warm 9.5TI 125' Masterpull synth line
4" TeraFlex lift with 8 flexarm control arms, TeraFlex Monster trackbars, bilstein heavy duty steering stabilizer
35X12.50R17 Nitto Mud Grapplers
Front G2 Chrome-moly axle shafts
5.38 G2 Performance Gears (front and rear)
AEM Brute Force CAI
Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust
Superchips Flashpaq
75 Watt custom PA system and train horns
Cobra 29LX LE CB with 4' firestick antenna
Custom evap skid
J.E. Reel 1350 Crawler Canyon Driveshafts
Spyder Webshade top
Interior and inner grill green LED
Underbody Rock lights
1.5" wheel spacers
mirror relocation, Hella 500 windshield mounted lights, Rugged Ridge heavy duty rear bumper/tire carrier, custom army green front diff guard

Domovoi

BF Goodrich 35" Mud Terrain KM2
Metal Cloak Front and Rear Highline Fenders
RR XHD Front Bumper
Procomp (series 1069) wheels
Superchips Flashpaq

My jeep came about as a desire to finally own one. Joining the Navy provided
me with the income to get my Jeep. I immediately got the upgrade bug. Every
couple months I have bought something new for my Jeep. (I gotta compete with
the Jeeps on base!) I immediately removed the carpet when I bought it. I
suck at telling my story... I love my Jeep, I enjoy driving it every day.
That is all the justification I need to enter the contest! Hahaha! Future
mods will include Powerplant winch, OME lift, and skid plates within the
year. I gotta do a deployment first!

priell3

Some lift, better tires, steel bumper
Taken at the Jeepin' for Josie ride in the NJ Pine Barrens, April 2, 2011

SterlingArcher

Just a poor college kid. Whatever’s left over after books and tuition I put into the Jeep. Being that I can’t afford a second car, this is not only my daily driver but I also wheel it hard on the weekends. If you look closely you can see rock rash on all the wheels as well as some intense pin striping on the doors. It is a jeep after all. More mods to come.

jeeperjk

TeraFlex 3" lift, Raceline RT233 beadlocks, GY MT/R Kevlar 35x12.5-17's, AEV snorkel, LoD stubby w/ stinger & Superwinch LP8500, Smittybilt XRC rear bumper, Dynatrac Pro Rock Extreme 44 w/ 3"x0.5" tubes & RCV axles, 5.13 gears
Ordered my Jeep at just the right time and got it for <$25k after TT&L! Got started fairly quickly with the mods and got the first phase done after about 1850 miles. I wheeled it on stock 4.10's and 35's for about 7k miles and then ponied up the $ for the PR44 w/ RCVs and 5.13's. I have zero regrets. This thing is beefy. Next phase is gonna be Poison Spyder flares, 38's, and Redneck Ram hydro assist. That'll have to wait until I return from Iraq in August.

Good Luck To All

JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2011, 09:51 AM   #2
SterlingArcher
JK Wrangler 

SterlingArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2011, 02:10 PM   #3
jeeperjk
Web Wheeler
2009 JK Wrangler 

How can their be 5 votes and the page says there's only 2 views?

Anyway, good luck to all. There's definitely some stiff competition on this one.
jeeperjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2011, 07:41 PM   #4
Setcol73
2011 JK Wrangler 

voted for jeeperjk, with fourplyn in the competition it's just not fair. Don't get me wrong that rig (fourplyn) is awesome and I would probably give up a very valued body part (the left one) to own it, it's just way out of everyone else's league. Sorry!
Setcol73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2011, 11:29 PM   #5
jeeperjk
Web Wheeler
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setcol73 View Post
voted for jeeperjk, with fourplyn in the competition it's just not fair. Don't get me wrong that rig (fourplyn) is awesome and I would probably give up a very valued body part (the left one) to own it, it's just way out of everyone else's league. Sorry!

Not to say that fourplyn's rig shouldn't be here, but whatever'll get me votes... I'm down.

Fourplyn, what doors are those?
Unread 04-25-2011, 06:20 AM   #6
rkham11
2008 JK Wrangler 

how can I be in the JK of the month competition?
rkham11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2011, 06:21 AM   #7
jeeperjk
Web Wheeler
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkham11 View Post
how can I be in the JK of the month competition?
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/j...-link-1036431/

Try next month.
Unread 04-25-2011, 01:29 PM   #8
jeeperjk
Web Wheeler
2009 JK Wrangler 

Heck, I didn't notice that, but the bag on the back of my JK in that top pic should be worth 5 votes by itself!
Unread 04-25-2011, 06:45 PM   #9
calys003
2012 JK Wrangler 

Last edited by calys003; 04-25-2011 at 06:48 PM.. Reason: posted twice sorry
calys003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2011, 06:46 PM   #10
calys003
2012 JK Wrangler 

does anyone know what kind of doors does fourplyn has?
calys003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2011, 07:04 PM   #11
yoda13
Force Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

I voted for jeeperjk....fourplyn was my second choice...both are awesome rigs...
2007 White Jeep Wrangler X-auto, black freedom top, 15x8 Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2s, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME Spring Lift, Bilsteins, Rusty's Adjustable front and rear trac-bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Rusty's adjustable lower control arms (front and rear), PolyPerformance adjustable upper control arms (front and rear), OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Finishlinewest Stonehenge Series rear bumper, Smittybuilt winch, Body Armor Front High Clearance Bumper w/ KC Highlights mounted, Roadmaster towbar, Valley 2" receiver hitch, Skid Row Engine Transmission skid, sPod switching system, KC Highlights windshield mounted lights, Delta replacement non-quadbar xenon headlamps, and Bestop saddlebags-Member of the United Four Wheel Drive Association and Blue Ribbon Coalition, †John 3:16†

RIP Mrs. yoda13... My life is better for having had you in it and you made me a better man...I can't wait to see you again...I love you always and forever, and for all eternity

If you want to help the sport of off-roading, and protect your right to do so, please visit the Envirobeat
forum...

yoda13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2011, 07:31 PM   #12
Jeepin_Dad
I Like TATAs
2007 JK Wrangler 

Big fan of jeeperjk's rig, hopefully we'll see you up at Rausch again once you are back stateside.
Unread 04-25-2011, 08:03 PM   #13
goofball
2013 JK Wrangler 

Nice Guys, I'm entering in May... Jeeperjk got my vote,,, nice Pics.
Everyone Great rigs !
goofball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2011, 11:25 PM   #14
jeeperjk
Web Wheeler
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by calys003 View Post
does anyone know what kind of doors does fourplyn has?
Not sure, but I wish he'd tell us. I asked earlier, but it go buried in the other comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda13 View Post
I voted for jeeperjk....fourplyn was my second choice...both are awesome rigs...
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofball View Post
Nice Guys, I'm entering in May... Jeeperjk got my vote,,, nice Pics.
Everyone Great rigs !
Thanks much, guys. To even be put in the same league with that rig is an honor. This'll be a hard fought battle. I just hope I don't have to outwheel him if there's a tie-breaker!

Nice rig, fourplyn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepin_Dad View Post
Big fan of jeeperjk's rig, hopefully we'll see you up at Rausch again once you are back stateside.
You'll never know how anxious I am to hit Rausch. I haven't been up there since August! Didn't deploy until February, but every spare weekend I had between Oct and January was spent on my basement. We added a 275 sq ft bedroom (for my 9 year old), a small computer room/den, a laundry room, a bathroom... complete with urinal and tiled shower, and a 450 sq ft family room with a ceiling mount for my 65" TV.

When I get back, I'm gonna have a pile of Jeep parts (Ace sliders, Poison Spyder flares, probably a Redneck Ram, and either 38's or 40's. If I go 40's, then I'll have some taller springs, too. I'm gonna be busy, busy, busy. Plus, I'll probably go on some short trips with the wifey and kids.

I'll do well to get to Rausch by Sept, but it'll probably be Oct. Maybe just in time for Crawl for the Cure. We'll see.
Unread 04-26-2011, 05:05 AM   #15
Jeepin_Dad
I Like TATAs
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeperjk View Post
When I get back, I'm gonna have a pile of Jeep parts (Ace sliders, Poison Spyder flares, probably a Redneck Ram, and either 38's or 40's. If I go 40's, then I'll have some taller springs, too. I'm gonna be busy, busy, busy. Plus, I'll probably go on some short trips with the wifey and kids.

I'll do well to get to Rausch by Sept, but it'll probably be Oct. Maybe just in time for Crawl for the Cure. We'll see.
Can't wait to see the next upgrades, hopefully we'll see you this fall. Your son evidently made an impression on my oldest from when they were climbing around the rocks last summer, he was asking if you guys were going to be there when we were heading up this past weekend.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.