Jeep Vs well head - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Jeep Vs well head

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 04-14-2008, 07:58 AM   #1
ryno121
2008 JK Wrangler 

Jeep Vs well head

So there i was sitting in my friends hottub and i decide that the mud filled ditch behind their house is too much to resist. I christened the girl in the mud. Everything was going great until i came up over the hill and didnt notice the well head sticking out of the ground. Tore the cap off the well head, wedged the jeeps front crossmember up on the top of the well pipe, and tore off my useless plastic skid plate. i also managed to wack the crossmember pretty good. But thats what its there for.

Heres my question. I have deformed the plastic of the bumper on the side next to the fog lights. Is that a single piece, or do i have to buy the entire bumper?.

i know, i know, i should just buy aftermarket, but its not in the budget this month.

dang it looks good muddy

Last edited by ryno121; 04-14-2008 at 08:23 AM..
ryno121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2008, 08:10 AM   #2
sethco
2008 JK Wrangler 

Check this forum under parts for sale or try cr@!gsl!st and eb@y I have seen front factory bumpers go for around $50-$100. There was one in houston the other day that a guy was selling for $25 but has sold it already.

Here are a couple for sale one JeepForum

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...ghlight=bumper

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...ghlight=bumper

http://zoneoffroad.com/bad-to-the-bone?feat=34

Last edited by sethco; 04-14-2008 at 08:17 AM.. Reason: added links
sethco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2008, 08:44 AM   #3
BuzzHog
2008 JK Wrangler 

I sure hope you have pics of this...
BuzzHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2008, 08:55 AM   #4
onlyone
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno121 View Post
So there i was sitting in my friends hottub and i decide that the mud filled ditch behind their house is too much to resist. I christened the girl in the mud. Everything was going great until i came up over the hill and didnt notice the well head sticking out of the ground. Tore the cap off the well head, wedged the jeeps front crossmember up on the top of the well pipe, and tore off my useless plastic skid plate. i also managed to wack the crossmember pretty good. But thats what its there for.

Heres my question. I have deformed the plastic of the bumper on the side next to the fog lights. Is that a single piece, or do i have to buy the entire bumper?.

i know, i know, i should just buy aftermarket, but its not in the budget this month.

dang it looks good muddy
You should be able to pick up a bumper here pretty cheap. Or check JK forums. I have an extra plastic skid plate if you want it. Its free, you just pay for shipping. Can't help with the bumper. You also might try taking the bumper skin off and pushing the dent out from behind.
Unread 04-14-2008, 02:56 PM   #5
ryno121
2008 JK Wrangler 

No pics unfortulately, the captain morgan prevented me from thinking to grab the camera. The repair bill on the well was $320, so it could have been MUCH worse, On the jeep or the well.

how iffy is the dealer when its obvious that the rocker guards and protection mechanisms on the jeep have obviously been used? I know thats what they are there for. i almost want to have it checked out.. but i dont want them to get crazy on voiding warranty. My TJ was out of warranty when i got it, so i havent had to deal with the dealer on somthing like this before.
Unread 04-14-2008, 03:38 PM   #6
BigJerm
2007 JK Wrangler 

i hope they wouldnt void a warranty over some rocker guards scratched. What else did you mess up? I got a bumper if your interested. I have it somewhere in the sale section.
Unread 04-14-2008, 03:42 PM   #7
wrnglrguy
2008 JK Wrangler 

They have them on ebay....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...spagenameZWDVW
wrnglrguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2008, 11:01 AM   #8
rirrgang
2007 JK Wrangler 

Capitan Morgan should of prevented you from driving, the heck with the camera. You got lucky I thinkith.
Unread 04-15-2008, 02:10 PM   #9
ctown67
2007 JK Wrangler 

here is what that bastard (capt. morgan) did to my buddies jeep. i tried til about midnight to pull him out and failed. we got him next morning with a forklift. notice the nasty steep bank.
ctown67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.