Jeep QC - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Jeep QC

HELLA FF75 12V 55W H7 Fog Lamps - SPECIAL OVERSTOCK SALE FBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiJeep Gear & Install Packages!

Unread 09-07-2013, 07:32 PM   #1
offroadjeepjk

Jeep QC

I see see lots of whining about Jeep quality. I've had my 2013 JKUR for almost a year & haven't had ANY problems. It drives like a dream compared to the 73 FJ-40 I had. 20mpg, remote start & air conditioning, I like it. Nanny controls do suck though. On the flip side, if I had a problem with $40k vehicle I would be the first to bitc@.

offroadjeepjk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2013, 07:35 PM   #2
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadjeepjk
I see see lots of whining about Jeep quality. I've had my 2013 JKUR for almost a year & haven't had ANY problems. It drives like a dream compared to the 73 FJ-40 I had. 20mpg, remote start & air conditioning, I like it. Nanny controls do suck though. On the flip side, if I had a problem with $40k vehicle I would be the first to bitc@.
2008 here 145,000 nothing major, couple minor things covered by warranty and I still love my JK 3.8 and all.
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-07-2013, 09:57 PM   #3
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

The issue is that "Quality" is subjective, "Value" is really dependent on the end-user's income level, and very few people nowadays are willing to fix issues themselves - no matter how simple it may be.

All vehicles have their issues, there is no doubt. The JK Wrangler is unique in many ways - the unique features are both a benefit and a nuisance under different circumstances. My complaints are very few - mostly directed at my lame stealership's lift/tire policies and the fact that Chrysler put off $900 vinyl seats in my vehicle as "leather."
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2013, 07:58 AM   #4
wilywillie
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTPhoto View Post
2008 here 145,000 nothing major, couple minor things covered by warranty and I still love my JK 3.8 and all.
I thought I was high at 113,000 miles!

Same here, though...after one warranty bug for an electrical connection, mine's been a dream. Of course, mine's bare bones, and I'm easy to please......it's my trail rig first, and daily driver second

http://i582.photobucket.com/albums/s...earthquake.jpg
wilywillie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2013, 10:18 AM   #5
rainmn
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadjeepjk View Post
It drives like a dream compared to the 73 FJ-40 I had.
You would hope that some advancements would be made in 40 years....
rainmn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #6
zjilla
Web Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTPhoto View Post

Ease my mind and tell me it burnt oil like a champ the whole 145k miles. Im at 36k and i add a quart every 3k miles. I juat wanna kno its gonna make it as long as urs does. Lol

Sent from my GT-N7000 using JeepForum
www.annirlane.blogspot.com
October 2013 JK of the month
My Slowly but surely JK build thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/s...hread-1562595/
zjilla is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #7
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjilla

Ease my mind and tell me it burnt oil like a champ the whole 145k miles. Im at 36k and i add a quart every 3k miles. I juat wanna kno its gonna make it as long as urs does. Lol

Sent from my GT-N7000 using JeepForum
Sorry mine uses less then 1/2 quart between oil changes @ 6k with 5W20 and even less with 5W30. It's been on synthetic all its life. I did switch from Mobile 1 to Amsoil when I started to get start up clack in cold weather. Amsoil solved that problem.
Have you checked your PCV valve?
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.