Jeep JK8 Project - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Jeep JK8 Project

Savvy Aluminum BumpersIntroducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 04-09-2012, 10:09 AM   #46
Rancho_Lifts
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sblaine View Post
Its $5000, and yes, it seemed high to me at first.
But then I got the kit, opened the box, inspected the contents, & was VERY surprised at the number of parts & the details that MOPAR put into this kit. It is very well done, and I think worth the money.

I am very excited to see this finished product!
I am going to put some extra detail into this JK8 that should make it stand out.

You will turn heads everywhere you go. Out in Moab last week for Jeep Safari, I had sick buggies checking out our JK8. This was the first time I drove it since the transformation and being 6'6" tall I was a bit scared about fitting in it. No problems at all.

https://www.facebook.com/ranchosuspension/
Rancho_Lifts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 10:17 AM   #47
robplumm
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Its $5000, and yes, it seemed high to me at first.
But then I got the kit, opened the box, inspected the contents, & was VERY surprised at the number of parts & the details that MOPAR put into this kit. It is very well done, and I think worth the money.

I am very excited to see this finished product!
I am going to put some extra detail into this JK8 that should make it stand out.
MOPAR parts tend to cost a little more than others...but there's a reason. Usually the fit/finish on them is very, very good.

Great updates and looking forward to this coming together. And holy crap that's a lot of cutting and fab work. Hurts me to see that done to a Jeep...but the finished product should be awesome. JK8s rock.
robplumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 10:17 AM   #48
Sblaine
2007 JK Wrangler 

Great to hear all of that.
....and your JK8 looks fantastic.
Great job.
Sblaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2012, 10:36 AM   #49
N2rock
Web Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

I'm so envious! I really want to do this conversion to mine. But for the current time, I still need a 4 seater vehicle to drive the family around. My youngest kids (twins) turn 16 this year. So in a couple more years I'll be free to make the change.

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
N2rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2012, 08:31 PM   #50
Sblaine
2007 JK Wrangler 

Some updated pics.
Rollbar is cut.
Passenger side rear quarter is on.

Unread 04-23-2012, 07:55 AM   #51
CJ727
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2rock View Post
I'm so envious! I really want to do this conversion to mine. But for the current time, I still need a 4 seater vehicle to drive the family around. My youngest kids (twins) turn 16 this year. So in a couple more years I'll be free to make the change.
They'll be 16! Sounds like it's time for them to get jobs and get there own jeep to share so Dad can finally build his dream ride! . Our do the conversion with some sort of bench seat up front. If that works for you. Mine have about 15 years before they can get jobs, so I need to find some way to come up with a 2 door conversion with a back seat.
CJ727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2012, 09:27 AM   #52
CJ727
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Sblaine, When you remove the rear quarter panels, do you drill out the rivets and pull off the panels or is it mostly cutting them off?
Unread 04-23-2012, 08:32 PM   #53
Sblaine
2007 JK Wrangler 

Drivers rear quarter is on!

Unread 04-23-2012, 08:33 PM   #54
Sblaine
2007 JK Wrangler 

You drill each weld out.
Unread 04-24-2012, 07:39 AM   #55
CJ727
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You drill each weld out.
Thanks. Nice build man. I like that your moving right along. Can't Stand threads that drag on with out updates.
Unread 04-24-2012, 09:24 PM   #56
Sblaine
2007 JK Wrangler 

Some more pictures for you guys:

Unread 04-24-2012, 09:37 PM   #57
rivenrent

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcutter
I would be interested in seeing it modified to retain the sport cage in the rear. It would be very useful to have the sport cage for the purpose of tying things down or attaching a fire extinguisher or various other accessories.
Like this idea a lot.
rivenrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2012, 09:43 PM   #58
Sblaine
2007 JK Wrangler 

Yep. I have heard that one a few times.
It would be a little difficult to retain the weatherproof through the top, and would make it more difficult to remove the top as well.

As far as tying things down, that is what the bed is for.
I do like the idea, but just seems more difficult than its worth.

I am impressed by the JKs that guys have built that have the rear quarters from the JK8 kit, but they have a custom longer soft top made, so it looks like a stretched 2door JK.
Unread 04-24-2012, 10:01 PM   #59
rideraa
2000 TJ Wrangler 

FWIW, I saw the molds, mock ups, production parts for the RTM parts used in these kits about 5 months ago.
Unread 04-24-2012, 10:19 PM   #60
GXP20T
2010 JK Wrangler 

River Raider basically created the JK8 concept with their ST build a few years ago [before the JK8 came to light]. They used an Avenger top for the cab and created a custom roll-bar for the bed.

GXP20T is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.