Jeep JK Wishlist - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Jeep JK Wishlist

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-09-2006, 07:43 PM   #1
spolebitski

Jeep JK Wishlist

Well as we talk back and forth and post various thoughts I think we should stat a wish list or improvements that we think DC could make. Realize that this is only an advisory board and maybe DC will see or hear some of our thoughts.

Post Away!

spolebitski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2006, 07:44 PM   #2
spolebitski

Bluetooth Capability / Uconnect
Auto Dim Rearview mirror
Dual Door Option
Hemi Engine
Diesel Engine
Remote Start
Fold And Tilt Front Passenger Seats
Cruise Controls / Audio Controls on Steering Wheel
Unread 11-09-2006, 08:05 PM   #3
Joec

> Well, you can get the remote start as an option...or at least as a dealer added one.
> I'd go for the diesel or the hemi or the 4.7L at least. I think half of the people ordering the JK would have gone for the bigger engine. Thats probably why it WASNT offered, it would have ruined their CAFE ratings.
> I'm driving a 2006 Unlimited while my 2007 is in the shop getting some dealer added options put on...and the 2006 has the cruise on the wheel. Why they went with cruise on a stalk I can olny guess...but I hate it.
> The auto dim day/night mirror with compass,temp,and map lights. I am adding that one myself. I like the trip computer but I want separate instruments and on the mirror is a good place.
> Better gauges. There should have been a real oil pressure and voltmeter gauge, and not the computer gauge idiot light that only tells you you're screwed when it goes low!
> I am sure the option list is a bit shy so there will be some differentiators in the following model years. What I am having added is LUMBAR SUPPORT, SEAT HEAT, and LEATHER. (the leather is to torque a friends jaws, but I really LIKE lumbar support. It should be a seat option!)
> Electric folding and adjustable side mirrors as an option
> Bring back the khaki and yellow colors

I think I just added $6000 in options to the cheap jeep

Some of this stuff is just me. Of course the problem with optioning is the supply costs go through the roof if it becomes a general factory product. What ever happened to the specialty houses where a truly custom vehicle would be modified to a customer's order? I don't see that anywhere. Maybe its because I am not on that mailing list
2007 JK Unlimited Rubicon - Greystone, Auto, Power, Tow, Leather seats, Pneumatic Lumbar support, Seat Heat, GENTEX autodim mirror w/ map lights - temp - compass, AEM CAI, COOL TECH antenna mount, THULE Rack, CIBIE, Fuel Door, Grab Handles, Tuffy Trunk/Console/Overhead, Grill mod, Olympic Reversa bars,COOL TECH Magnaflow exhaust, Parking sensors,HESCO Supercharger
1972 C104 Commando - Stock
Joec is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2006, 06:08 AM   #4
gjeepguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spolebitski
Bluetooth Capability / Uconnect
Auto Dim Rearview mirror
Dual Door Option
Hemi Engine
Diesel Engine

Remote Start
Fold And Tilt Front Passenger Seats
Cruise Controls / Audio Controls on Steering Wheel
2 engines... now thats a mod.
gjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2006, 06:20 AM   #5
keithert
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I would like to see dual doors and Intense Pearl Blue as options.
Unread 11-10-2006, 06:26 AM   #6
EagerJeeper

An armrest on the door.
EagerJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2006, 07:24 AM   #7
asyrp43

Joec

Are you getting your leather seats from the dealership? How much are the seats costing you and please post some pics when you get it back!
asyrp43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2006, 07:46 AM   #8
nowonder

Heated seats!
nowonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2006, 09:45 AM   #9
Laxstar46

dual door options would be awesome. and yes a 4.7L engine would be great. If they put a diesel i'm up for that too but either way i'd be happty
Laxstar46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2006, 11:48 AM   #10
casm
2000 XJ Cherokee 

DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL DIESEL

Seriously, this is my one big thing - having just lived through $3.60/gallon regular gas with my 13mpg XJ, I really don't want to have to ever do that again. Not to mention the torque gains over the 3.8-litre V6 - but the one thing killing me right now on eventually replacing the XJ with a JK is fuel economy. I really hope they get this sorted out for '08.

Did I mention that I want a diesel in the US-market JK?
casm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2006, 12:10 PM   #11
03jeeper78

The engineers are already well aware that we want a diesel engine option.

Isn't there an autodimming rear view mirror? The TJ had one.
BSMCCEP Club Member #45
Stock: 4.0L I6:5-speed:3.07 gears:D35 with Trac-Loc:15x7 Ecco wheels:Dual Top Group
Mods: 30x9.5 BFG A-T T/A KO's:JKS Quicker disconnects:Rock-It Man rocker guards:Jeep Medic oil pan/tranny skid:Kilby steering skid:Warn D30 diff guard:C4x4 D35 diff guard:Rusty's radiator guard:Skid Row LCA skids:SilverStar headlights and fogs:Hidden Hitch class III receiver:Old Realistic 40ch CB:2' Firestik II:Arizona Rocky Road tailgate antenna mount
Next : Jeeperman rear bumper

'06 Candy Orange Honda Shadow Spirit 750
03jeeper78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2006, 12:26 PM   #12
SecondTJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03jeeper78
The engineers are already well aware that we want a diesel engine option.

Isn't there an autodimming rear view mirror? The TJ had one.
Later TJs had them (03-06)

'99 Z28 M6, some goodies
'94 'Vette, A4 all stock
SecondTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2006, 12:30 PM   #13
spolebitski

How was the auto dim rearview mirror powered?

The problem with getting uconnect into the wrangler (from what I can tell) is powering the rearview mirror. In models that have this option (charger, Grand Cherokee etc) power come from the rooftop light to the mirror. But removing the tops does not allow for power to get to the mirror (form what I can tell). Anyone shre your thoughts.
Unread 11-10-2006, 01:04 PM   #14
Joec

The JK only comes with a MANUAL day / night mirror. I am in the process of installing the GENTEX GENK31 autodimming mirror with temp/compass/map lights in my 2007 JK. I don't work very fast so it'll be this weekend before I get it in. And the issue of power (switched AND unswitched) plus the wires for the temperature display are an issue. AND, where do you tap those wires? Without the factory service manual, I'm going to Kluge tap the power outlets because there are one of each (switched/unswitched). I hope to have a writeup on the install up on one of these message boards next week.
2007 JK Unlimited Rubicon - Greystone, Auto, Power, Tow, Leather seats, Pneumatic Lumbar support, Seat Heat, GENTEX autodim mirror w/ map lights - temp - compass, AEM CAI, COOL TECH antenna mount, THULE Rack, CIBIE, Fuel Door, Grab Handles, Tuffy Trunk/Console/Overhead, Grill mod, Olympic Reversa bars,COOL TECH Magnaflow exhaust, Parking sensors,HESCO Supercharger
1972 C104 Commando - Stock
Joec is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2006, 01:44 PM   #15
03jeeper78

Quote:
Originally Posted by spolebitski
How was the auto dim rearview mirror powered?
In the TJ? As far as I know, they were offered after the point in time when there was a plastic cowl was added around the inside of the windshield. I believe there was some wiring that ran behind there down to the dash or wherever.
BSMCCEP Club Member #45
Stock: 4.0L I6:5-speed:3.07 gears:D35 with Trac-Loc:15x7 Ecco wheels:Dual Top Group
Mods: 30x9.5 BFG A-T T/A KO's:JKS Quicker disconnects:Rock-It Man rocker guards:Jeep Medic oil pan/tranny skid:Kilby steering skid:Warn D30 diff guard:C4x4 D35 diff guard:Rusty's radiator guard:Skid Row LCA skids:SilverStar headlights and fogs:Hidden Hitch class III receiver:Old Realistic 40ch CB:2' Firestik II:Arizona Rocky Road tailgate antenna mount
Next : Jeeperman rear bumper

'06 Candy Orange Honda Shadow Spirit 750
03jeeper78 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.