Jeep feels different after hard driving - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Jeep feels different after hard driving

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 10-11-2013, 10:32 AM   #1
micahwc
2013 JK Wrangler 

Jeep feels different after hard driving

Spent last weekend driving through the remains of a blizard picking up nurses and taking them to a hospital. Used 4 low a little and 4 high a lot. It's a 13 JK sport with the auto transmission. Just hit 3000 miles.

After last weekend I have noticed that shifting into 4 low is much more difficult than it used to be. I really have to force it where before it went in with no problems.

It also feels like it's dragging when I accelerate. I don't really know how to describe it. No extra noise or anything, but it feels like it doesn't accelerate quite as well. I barely notice it, except that I notice it. (that makes no sense in text but it does in my head)

Any ideas of what could be wrong? Or am I just being a hypochondriac?

Thanks.

micahwc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2013, 10:54 AM   #2
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

There is no evidence to point to any damage. I think it's just placebo

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2013, 12:07 PM   #3
Remmy18
2012 JK Wrangler 

its a Jeep, man. when you hear a new rattle or issue, just drop the top, pull the doors and crank the tunes. all good! Kidding man. I hear and feel things all the time. with that many miles, just take it to the dealer if you think there is a problem. I'd say it's just in your head and happens to me all the time.
Remmy18 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #4
Neo1130
2009 JK Wrangler 

You in gear while trying to place in 4lo? Try neutral or park... As for the dragging, is it just on acceleration? What about when you coast? I wonder if you've gotten rocks/dirt in a caliper and your brakes are dragging... Go for a drive and feel each wheel... If one is hotter than the rest, that may be a problem....
Neo1130 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.