Jeep Dealer HAS to be WRONG!! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Jeep Dealer HAS to be WRONG!!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-27-2010, 12:18 PM   #31
2005X
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKBryan View Post
Hello:

My name is Bryan and I am new to Jeeps and to this forum.

I recently purchased a new 2010 Jeep Wrangler with V6 and auto transmission. I have a question that I hope you experts can help me with.

I wish to pull a 5 X 8 enclosed cargo trailer which weighs about 1500 lbs. Nearily every truck that I have owned states I should have a transmission cooler installed to protect the transmission. All the trailer companies that I have delt with in the past suggest the same thing--get a trans cooler.

I went to dealership that I purchased the Jeep from and service manager advised he didn't think Jeep made one. I asked him again and he advised he would ask their Jeep rep. 11 days later I called and he advised that it would cost $848.00 for Jeep brand.

That sounded high so I took Jeep to another dealer and the service rep. there stated they would install a Jeep trans. cooler for $700.00. Then one of the mechanics came out and advised me I didn't need it because I had automatic transmission and that they all came with the trans cooler already installed!!?? I also told him I read on the Jeep web site that I needed a special transmission fluid when pulling a trailer. Again, he stated I didn't need it as it came with auto transmissions.

So, one of the dealer has to be wrong!! I am disappointed that Jeep service departments do not seem to know what they are doing and I don't know who to believe. I have spent three hours looking for answer in my owners manual and also tried to call Jeep but got the wrong department for them to answer my question--after 22 minutes waiting for human to answer.

Can one of you provide me an answer. I don't won't to ruin my new Jeep pulling a trailer without a cooler.

Thank you for your kindness, Bryan
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbloyer81 View Post
An EMPTY 5x8 trailer that weighs 1500 pounds? Wow.
his words not mine

Tags
automatic transmission , cooler , JK Wrangler , towing , trans cooler , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.