Jeep coming home Friday - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Jeep coming home Friday

Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955New jk doors from steinjagerOconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops and

Unread 07-27-2010, 09:44 PM   #1
ThirdWave
2010 JK Wrangler 

Jeep coming home Friday

I pick up my 2010 Silver Sahara Unlimited on Friday. Can't wait.

Any know what Jeep extended warranties are running costwise?

Also, anything I should check on the vehicle walk around prior to leaving the lot that's not obvious?

I went to Moab a few weeks ago and decided to get rid of the F150 4x4. The rest is history.

ThirdWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2010, 10:53 PM   #2
skivviss
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdWave View Post

Also, anything I should check on the vehicle walk around prior to leaving the lot that's not obvious?

I went to Moab a few weeks ago and decided to get rid of the F150 4x4. The rest is history.
congrats on the new jeep.

if you got a dual top option, i've seen a few posts on not getting all the connectors for the alternate top.

not that its a lot check thing, but they will probably have your tires aired way to far for a comfortable ride.

oh, and get a T50 torx driver so you can get them pesky doors off and a cooler packed for some wheelin' this weekend.

and of course a camera ready for the pics.
skivviss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2010, 11:01 PM   #3
fernjack
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdWave View Post

Welcome aboard and get used to the **** eatin' grin ....... it will be there for a very long time ........LMFAO !Been there ..... Oh wait ... Still there going on 4yrs. Have a great time ...........
07' Rubi Unlimited 6spd. , Rescue green #64 CDN , 35x12.5 mudders
Rick .
fernjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 06:55 AM   #4
CptSnoopy
2010 JK Wrangler 

Congratulations! That is really exciting! I am in the same boat -- I bought a Natural Green 2dr Rubicon that is going to be here by 8/2 (hopefully it comes tomorrow or friday so I can take it out this weekend!)
CptSnoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 08:40 AM   #5
ThirdWave
2010 JK Wrangler 

Thanks guys. I'm ready.

So I need a T50 for doors and a T40 for the top?
Unread 07-28-2010, 09:15 AM   #6
juiceparn
2007 JK Wrangler 

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Watch where you are going!!! You get out of the new jeep and glance back for one more look...........and BAM! You walk right into the door/traffic/trailer hitch/jack stand ect. Just be careful
Unread 07-28-2010, 09:33 AM   #7
ThirdWave
2010 JK Wrangler 

Watch where I'm going. Check.
Unread 07-28-2010, 09:36 AM   #8
vonhef
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceparn View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Watch where you are going!!! You get out of the new jeep and glance back for one more look...........and BAM! You walk right into the door/traffic/trailer hitch/jack stand ect. Just be careful
LOL... I can relate to that!
vonhef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 10:42 AM   #9
doliss
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceparn View Post
done the same thing many many times

welcome, and get used to smiling all the time thinking about your jeep. I do it all the time
doliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 11:12 AM   #10
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

All the dual tops I've seen are already set up to use. Just remove the Freedom Top, install the door surrounds and clip in the rear window mount. No tools needed.
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 07:44 PM   #11
jonnytc
2008 JK Wrangler 

congrats and welcome...you only have to make sure you have the parts that could get misplaced:

1. if you have the dual top option make sure you get both boxes with all the pieces. could be three boxes
2. manual
3. floor mats
4. if you have locking wheels make sure you have the key. check the glove box to make sure there
5. warranties and original sticker.
6. not sure if the sahara comes with grab handles i saw a few rubicons with them as standard equipment. Cant hurt to ask...

i mean that is about it not much to worry about. enjoy your jeep. To answer your question on the extended warranty there are so many options. What you may want to be aware of is if the warranty is Transferrable if you sell to someone new or even your spouse. Also if you get the deductible you can get where you pay a deductible EACH time you go to get something fixed at the dealer or a deductible which is once a year or something. Other than that its all pricing and up to you. Depending on how you mod your jeep you may not need an extended warranty....

have fun...

jc

2005 LJ Rubicon Unlimited Black--For anywhere I want to go

Did you Wave to a JK today???
jonnytc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 07:46 PM   #12
ThirdWave
2010 JK Wrangler 

The story gets better. The Sahara they were dealer trading for, fell through. The deal worked to my favor. They had a Silver Rubi on the lot that was sitting in the back of the lot tucked behind 500 dodge trucks.
I sniffed it out and asked the GM about it. He said let me check. It had been there for 5 months. No one had moved it.

I ended up signing the papers on it tonight for $300 more than I was expecting to pay for the Sahara. WOW!

I'm stoked.
Unread 07-28-2010, 07:48 PM   #13
jonnytc
2008 JK Wrangler 

Wow excellent!!! Congrats make sure you show us some pics!!!

jc

2005 LJ Rubicon Unlimited Black--For anywhere I want to go

Did you Wave to a JK today???
jonnytc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 07:50 PM   #14
CooterTKE
2010 JK Wrangler 

Ok hide the credit card or if your married/significant other will require something sparkly before the mods begin. My down fall is I spend money now on the jeep and the mustang when I sold my last car to end the modding and until the mustang is back to life. How was I miss guided.
CooterTKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2010, 08:19 PM   #15
rennypogo
2008 JK Wrangler 

Wow a Rubi ! Your going love it! Run it stock for a while and get to know it ...Then let the mods begain
rennypogo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
JK Wrangler , reviews , sahara , thoughts , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.