Jeep buy back - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 51 Old 01-10-2014, 10:25 AM
kittenmittens
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 149
My hard top leaks almost every time it rains. it holds about 1/2 inch of water in the passenger floor board. pulled the carpet now i just pull the drain plugs. but it is annoying when you pay 30k for a jeep and it leaks.


05 Rubicon 6" lift 35x12.5 BFG KM2
15 Rubicon Unlimited Hard Rock 2.5" lift 35x12.5 BFG KM2
kittenmittens is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #47 of 51 Old 01-15-2014, 12:52 PM
4x4Reaper
Registered User
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 30
Name:  image-2252122659.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  419.8 KB

This is what I deal with every time now when it rains or even when snow melts on top of my jeep.
4x4Reaper is offline  
post #48 of 51 Old 01-19-2014, 12:20 PM
Reelworks
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Thornwood
Posts: 105
I had a similar problem with leaks. Heres the link to my saga. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/...ir-jk-1290357/
Happy ending- I got it replaced with a 2012. No 'real' leaks except "maybe" twice a year with the hardtop I get a little spritz over the dash. I only use the hard top in winter and found that since its a 3 piece top, things shift a bit over time. After researching here on the forum I use 'Syl Glyde' brake lube on all the rubber around the two pieces of the hard top up front. If I get a leak first thing I do is un-latch it make sure the two sides are well seated and re latch it in the Owners manuel order= right front, left front, Center front. then Back right, back left, back center and then tighten down the two screws through the sound bar. that usually does it. IF not I pull the two tops, clean the rubber really good and reapply the Syl Glyde. That always seems to solve it.
Reelworks is offline  
post #49 of 51 Old 01-19-2014, 02:14 PM
tartangirl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelworks
I had a similar problem with leaks. Heres the link to my saga. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/...ir-jk-1290357/
Happy ending- I got it replaced with a 2012. No 'real' leaks except "maybe" twice a year with the hardtop I get a little spritz over the dash. I only use the hard top in winter and found that since its a 3 piece top, things shift a bit over time. After researching here on the forum I use 'Syl Glyde' brake lube on all the rubber around the two pieces of the hard top up front. If I get a leak first thing I do is un-latch it make sure the two sides are well seated and re latch it in the Owners manuel order= right front, left front, Center front. then Back right, back left, back center and then tighten down the two screws through the sound bar. that usually does it. IF not I pull the two tops, clean the rubber really good and reapply the Syl Glyde. That always seems to solve it.
Glad to hear it Reelworks. Sent you a PM a month ago and wanted to know how you made out and to thank you for sharing your saga, which provided me with the info I needed to get a replacement Jeep. Thanks and glad to hear that your new Jeep doesn't have issues.
tartangirl is offline  
post #50 of 51 Old 01-20-2014, 08:06 PM
Reelworks
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Thornwood
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by tartangirl

Glad to hear it Reelworks. Sent you a PM a month ago and wanted to know how you made out and to thank you for sharing your saga, which provided me with the info I needed to get a replacement Jeep. Thanks and glad to hear that your new Jeep doesn't have issues.
Tartangirl
Glad I was able to help. Just making sure- you got my reply to your PM? I hope you are enjoying your jeep.
Reelworks is offline  
post #51 of 51 Old 02-17-2014, 03:02 PM
tartangirl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelworks

Tartangirl
Glad I was able to help. Just making sure- you got my reply to your PM? I hope you are enjoying your jeep.
I never did get your PM. I am enjoying the new Jeep!
tartangirl is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Back in Jeep! 77 renegade TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 28 10-29-2009 08:03 AM
Sold my Jeep now selling my truck back for a jeep! jeeps4life TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 16 01-28-2008 06:13 PM
I'm Back and with a new Jeep! 91yjeeper TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 11 12-17-2007 04:34 PM
Jeep is Back!!! 92wrangler YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 2 10-31-2007 12:42 PM
Got my jeep back from the stealership, update on repairs,fix on jeep rattle>> franco802 TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 5 01-07-2004 06:29 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome