Jeep buy back - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Jeep buy back

RCI FUEL CELL BRACKET - Perfect for the back of your JeepARTEC LABOR DAY SALE - 15% offNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 01-10-2014, 10:25 AM   #46
kittenmittens

2005 TJ Wrangler 

My hard top leaks almost every time it rains. it holds about 1/2 inch of water in the passenger floor board. pulled the carpet now i just pull the drain plugs. but it is annoying when you pay 30k for a jeep and it leaks.

kittenmittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2014, 12:52 PM   #47
4x4Reaper
2011 JK Wrangler 

image-2252122659.jpg

This is what I deal with every time now when it rains or even when snow melts on top of my jeep.
4x4Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2014, 12:20 PM   #48
Reelworks
2012 JK Wrangler 

I had a similar problem with leaks. Heres the link to my saga. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/...ir-jk-1290357/
Happy ending- I got it replaced with a 2012. No 'real' leaks except "maybe" twice a year with the hardtop I get a little spritz over the dash. I only use the hard top in winter and found that since its a 3 piece top, things shift a bit over time. After researching here on the forum I use 'Syl Glyde' brake lube on all the rubber around the two pieces of the hard top up front. If I get a leak first thing I do is un-latch it make sure the two sides are well seated and re latch it in the Owners manuel order= right front, left front, Center front. then Back right, back left, back center and then tighten down the two screws through the sound bar. that usually does it. IF not I pull the two tops, clean the rubber really good and reapply the Syl Glyde. That always seems to solve it.
Reelworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2014, 02:14 PM   #49
tartangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelworks
I had a similar problem with leaks. Heres the link to my saga. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/...ir-jk-1290357/
Happy ending- I got it replaced with a 2012. No 'real' leaks except "maybe" twice a year with the hardtop I get a little spritz over the dash. I only use the hard top in winter and found that since its a 3 piece top, things shift a bit over time. After researching here on the forum I use 'Syl Glyde' brake lube on all the rubber around the two pieces of the hard top up front. If I get a leak first thing I do is un-latch it make sure the two sides are well seated and re latch it in the Owners manuel order= right front, left front, Center front. then Back right, back left, back center and then tighten down the two screws through the sound bar. that usually does it. IF not I pull the two tops, clean the rubber really good and reapply the Syl Glyde. That always seems to solve it.
Glad to hear it Reelworks. Sent you a PM a month ago and wanted to know how you made out and to thank you for sharing your saga, which provided me with the info I needed to get a replacement Jeep. Thanks and glad to hear that your new Jeep doesn't have issues.
tartangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2014, 08:06 PM   #50
Reelworks
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tartangirl

Glad to hear it Reelworks. Sent you a PM a month ago and wanted to know how you made out and to thank you for sharing your saga, which provided me with the info I needed to get a replacement Jeep. Thanks and glad to hear that your new Jeep doesn't have issues.
Tartangirl
Glad I was able to help. Just making sure- you got my reply to your PM? I hope you are enjoying your jeep.
Reelworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 03:02 PM   #51
tartangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelworks

Tartangirl
Glad I was able to help. Just making sure- you got my reply to your PM? I hope you are enjoying your jeep.
I never did get your PM. I am enjoying the new Jeep!
tartangirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.