Jeep buy back - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Jeep buy back

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!2003-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight Dark Background wi

Unread 03-01-2013, 10:36 PM   #31
djm
2013 JK Wrangler 

My 2012 JKU leaks all the time. It's in the shop as we speak for the 4th time trying to put a stop to this. I grew up with a jeep that didn't even have a top, drove it to community college all winter in NJ, so I am not a complainer.

I dropped jeep off on the 27th and ironically Chrysler/Jeep just issued another new service bulletin about repairing a roof leak on the 2012 jeeps. Apparently just for ones made before March of 2012.

I would rather they fix it as I'm told no more Orange crush jeeps being made so I could not even replace it with exactly what I have. If they can't fix it I'll be looking at a lemon law case.

Dan - NJ

djm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 07:53 AM   #32
djm
2013 JK Wrangler 

They gave me my Jeep back, it still leaks, now they are going to order another part. I just mailed the required notification to Chrysler/Jeep that I am invoking my rights under the NJ Lemon law and the notification by certified mail is the first step. We'll see what happens.

I also noted that the jeep was in the shop for a new head and twice for the replacement of the clock spring & cruise control switches.
Unread 03-12-2013, 08:02 AM   #33
OregonVette
2008 JK Wrangler 

This is crazy ^^^ I cannot simply understand how someone's jeep can continually leak. That's nuts. Have they just said, hell with it and put an entire new hardtop, moldings and brackets on there? Seems so whacky to have hundreds of thousands of JKs on the road and a couple they simply cannot figure out how to keep dry. Is the dealer on meth? That would suck for you to have to replace your favorite jeep color just because water dribbles in the rubber moldings.

Where do you live, in Laos during the winter?!? lol
It's hard to give you good advice at this point. It's almost like you're saying, "I want to have sex, but don't want to get her pregnant. I can't afford condoms, so for now I just want to use Saran Wrap. What brand would you recommend?"
OregonVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 04:54 PM   #34
lesgoff
2012 JK Wrangler 

no leaks yet... 2012 jku hardtop. I also have the trektop nx and haven't noticed any leaks.
lesgoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 07:03 PM   #35
zaq123
1941 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by djm View Post
My 2012 JKU leaks all the time. It's in the shop as we speak for the 4th time trying to put a stop to this. I grew up with a jeep that didn't even have a top, drove it to community college all winter in NJ, so I am not a complainer.

I dropped jeep off on the 27th and ironically Chrysler/Jeep just issued another new service bulletin about repairing a roof leak on the 2012 jeeps. Apparently just for ones made before March of 2012.

I would rather they fix it as I'm told no more Orange crush jeeps being made so I could not even replace it with exactly what I have. If they can't fix it I'll be looking at a lemon law case.

Dan - NJ
Were does it leak? What was wrong with the spring and switches. To OP,relax,rentalguy didn't say anything to provoke your attitude. You came asking questions, be ready to accept answers /comments, welcome to the forum. It doesn't metter at this point but be very carefully with buy backs. 100% of the time it will have lemon title which will kill resale value. Also buy backs are usually ones which could not be repaired by the dealer on multiple attempts hence buy back. Resale dealer will tell you all kinds of tails starting with it was nothing serious and ending with Factory fixed it. Unfortunately the truth is: it was probably never fixed and you get zero protection as you had to sign a paper to protect the dealer from the law which states that you knowingly buying a lemon.
Hopefully all the above its not you case but I would check a carfax just to make sure.
zaq123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2013, 07:39 AM   #36
Monkeybomber
2013 JK Wrangler 

I've had a couple drops here and there in my 2013 JKU with the hard top on, and I've been riding top off as often as I can since novemeber, which sadly ain't enough. That said, I can't say it's really ever enough for me to care. How bad was yours leaking Raven?
Monkeybomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2013, 07:16 PM   #37
djm
2013 JK Wrangler 

I honestly don't know where it leaks. The issue is that after a substantial rain I find that the front carpets are soaked, occasionally so much so there there is actually a puddle of water of water on the floor. The dealer service manager, a pretty decent guy, says that they have 2 binders full of recommended solutions for a leaking JKU. Sometimes I think that the problem might be that the dealer only goes so far in attempting to repair or actually determine where the leak is because Jeep will only authorize a certain amount of time to make the repair. Once they spend that amount of time, they give it back and tell me they couldn't fine the location of the leak.

@ zag123 one day the horn suddenly started to sound for no apparent reason, sometimes at 4:30 AM while the Jeep was parked in the driveway, others while I was driving down the road. The first repair was pretty straight forward, they replaced the clock spring and cruise control switch pod. The situation resurfaced, the dealer replace the clock spring and the cruise control switch pod again. Dealer service manager says that unlike the problem with the heads where the issued has been identified and the replacement heads apparently have been fixed of whatever the problem was. They have not identified the actual malfunction in the clock spring - cruise control switch pod, so dealers are being shipped replacement parts that have not be modified as they don't know exactly why the issue is surfacing in only some vehicles and not others. Of all the people on the Forum, I think I have only read of 2 or 3 other people having a problem of the horn sounding on it's own.

Bottom line I love my jeeps!
Unread 03-14-2013, 02:16 PM   #38
zaq123
1941 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by djm View Post
I honestly don't know where it leaks. The issue is that after a substantial rain I find that the front carpets are soaked, occasionally so much so there there is actually a puddle of water of water on the floor. The dealer service manager, a pretty decent guy, says that they have 2 binders full of recommended solutions for a leaking JKU. Sometimes I think that the problem might be that the dealer only goes so far in attempting to repair or actually determine where the leak is because Jeep will only authorize a certain amount of time to make the repair. Once they spend that amount of time, they give it back and tell me they couldn't fine the location of the leak.

@ zag123 one day the horn suddenly started to sound for no apparent reason, sometimes at 4:30 AM while the Jeep was parked in the driveway, others while I was driving down the road. The first repair was pretty straight forward, they replaced the clock spring and cruise control switch pod. The situation resurfaced, the dealer replace the clock spring and the cruise control switch pod again. Dealer service manager says that unlike the problem with the heads where the issued has been identified and the replacement heads apparently have been fixed of whatever the problem was. They have not identified the actual malfunction in the clock spring - cruise control switch pod, so dealers are being shipped replacement parts that have not be modified as they don't know exactly why the issue is surfacing in only some vehicles and not others. Of all the people on the Forum, I think I have only read of 2 or 3 other people having a problem of the horn sounding on it's own.

Bottom line I love my jeeps!

have you tried hose it down yourself? You can target certain areas individually to pinpoint the leak. I'm sure dealer did it already but...... considering Chrysler will only reimburse them 1.2hrs for the entire thing process from start to finish.... you know where I'm going with this.

some stuff from the web.

http://project-jk.com/images/tsb/TSB_23-025-08.pdf
http://home.comcast.net/~coinvanish/JKLeaks.pdf
http://www.jeepz.com/forum/attachmen...odm-7utpnj.pdf
http://youtu.be/DFs35CG-ARU

this is a lot of water he is pouring there lol
zaq123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 10:59 AM   #39
Piker73
2013 JK Wrangler 

I've had my 2012 JK for a month now. Here is what happens when we get a downpour. Nothing happens in the car wash or anything. I've taken it to the dealer and the "fixed" it, but it still does it. Any ideas? Its right above the passenger door handle. Im taking it back in for another go around this week.
photo.jpg  
Piker73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 11:35 AM   #40
Matt The Hammer
1995 YJ Wrangler 

That looks like its dripping from the corner of the top/wind shield. That's bad. Owning a 20 year old Jeep and seeing the difficulties that come up with seals and old Jeeps - I'm fearing how many leaks we'll all have when the JKs get up there in age. I'm seriously debating buying spare OEM weather stripping now for use later when it will be hard to find or expensive (Quadratec).
Unread 01-05-2014, 10:18 AM   #41
4x4Reaper
2011 JK Wrangler 

I have a 2011 and have had mine in the shop five times and every time I am told that they can't find the leaks. I have water running down the face of my radio, puddling then running down the passenger door at the handle, running down the corners of both doors and running down the A-pillar of my drivers side and passenger side. My warranty is up in less than 2,000 miles so now I am trying see what I can do about it since the issue obviously can not be resolved with simply replacing parts.
4x4Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2014, 11:55 AM   #42
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2008 JK Wrangler 

Mine leaks on both sides of the hard top freedom panels. Right at the corner, I figure its not a big deal just cause its a few drips. What I hate though is when its raining and the water stream comes right to that corner and drips on my knees when I get in and drops right on the floor like a waterfall. Not a leaking problem there, just the route of water. That bothers me more than the hard top leaking lol

"Water covers 3/4 of the earth, Jeep covers the rest"
MoonyJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2014, 12:06 PM   #43
Jem450R

My hardtop always leaked too, so I sold it and just run the soft top. No more problems lol
Jem450R is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2014, 12:25 PM   #44
4x4Reaper
2011 JK Wrangler 

I have had all the seals replaced four times now and nothing has changed, if anything it is worse. I know people who don't even use the screws to the t-tops and they have no leaks at all.
4x4Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2014, 08:15 AM   #45
TheJeepGirl
2008 JK Wrangler 

Wow I'm amazed to hear you had a good experience! Our 12 had been in the shop for a total of 3 months in a 7 month period, for the same few issues (not minor ones) over and over. In addition to a bunch of other issues that it was in and out for. Chrysler was useless.
It wasn't until the dealer created an engine knock, lied to Chrysler, destroyed the tranny and kept it for another 2 months before giving it back 10x worse then it was when we brought it in that Chrysler agreed to buy it back. Even after they told us they would buy it back we had to chase them around to move forward with it.

Before everything got really bad with the 12 I had been looking at new jeeps. I can't say how many, hard to and soft top that I got in and the carpet was soaking wet.
TheJeepGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.