Jeep buy back - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Jeep buy back

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-10-2010, 05:16 AM   #16
krutj
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaRaven View Post
I just picked up my new jeep yesterday! Chrysler bought it back due to water leaks, It was in the shop 11 times for a total of 72 days.

Has anyone else had a hartop leaking problem?My dealer said this was uncommon in a hard top and that softtops were the ones that leaked.
It is good to see the system worked for you! Was it much trouble? Did the dealer work with you? I'm guessing the dealer must be a good one?

Unread 04-12-2010, 05:03 AM   #17
VaRaven
2010 JK Wrangler 

Chrysler was the easy company to work with. They told me it would be 2 weeks before I heard anything and the next day they called and told me pick out my new jeep. They even bought the lift and running boards on the truck and gave me stricker price plus parts.

The dealer messed around for a week before they got the jeep on their lot, I think they were mad that I did not buy it off their lot. I hope I don't ever have to go through this, If anyone does make sure you have all your receipts and make the dealer give you a rental car if your jeep is in the shop for a few days. This makes put it in the system about the rental (was told this helped also and being 3 times the number of times to dealer then the lemon law)
VaRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 06:26 AM   #18
rentalguy1

Quote:
Rentalguy1
If you spend 29000 -30000 on a jeep you dont expect it to leak. Yes you may get a drop or two on some rain storms. By=ut standing water in the floor is not good.
I wouls suggest you not talk **** if you dont know all the facts!

Slow down, buddy. I wasn't talking smack. I was asking what kind of deal you got on your Jeep out of curiosity. I was also saying that maybe the previous owner was a whiner over something that may not have actually been that bad. You never said it had water standing in the floor. I wasn't dissing you in any way, and I apologize if the the post read that way to you. It wasn't intentional.

EDIT: My bad completely. I didn't realize that you had your own Jeep bought back. I read it as you had just purchased a Jeep that someone else had done a buy back on, and was now fixed. That'll totally confuse things!
rentalguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 06:31 AM   #19
krutj
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Chrysler was the easy company to work with. They told me it would be 2 weeks before I heard anything and the next day they called and told me pick out my new jeep. They even bought the lift and running boards on the truck and gave me stricker price plus parts.

The dealer messed around for a week before they got the jeep on their lot, I think they were mad that I did not buy it off their lot. I hope I don't ever have to go through this, If anyone does make sure you have all your receipts and make the dealer give you a rental car if your jeep is in the shop for a few days. This makes put it in the system about the rental (was told this helped also and being 3 times the number of times to dealer then the lemon law)
Thank you for the reply.....

Glad it worked out for you in the end!
Unread 04-12-2010, 07:12 AM   #20
Intrepid4576
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Rentalguy1
If you spend 29000 -30000 on a jeep you dont expect it to leak. Yes you may get a drop or two on some rain storms. By=ut standing water in the floor is not good.
I wouls suggest you not talk **** if you dont know all the facts!
he is right ya know when you spend 30k on something it should work.....i really dont get where everyone is comming from being dicks and calling people whiners for asking the company they bought a 30k dollar product from to actully have the product work as intended.....i know i know its a jeep but ffs why would you -want to buy an inferior product- thats pretty ****in silly imho

gratz on getting a new jeep bro. i would bet that you will be good with the leaks now mine dosnt leak at all
Intrepid4576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 07:36 AM   #21
rentalguy1

Dude...read my last post! I had totally misinterpreted the OP's original post. I never was calling the OP a whiner. I did not realize the OP was the one who did the buy back. I thought he had bought a JK that had been bought back and then repaired. The whiner comment I made was about the folks who buy a soft top Wrangler and then complain non stop about a little water leak (not a floor board full) or road noise.

Again, I apologize for the misunderstanding. It was my fault for totally misreading the OP's post, and for poorly wording my post to look like it was directed at the OP. I was actually wishing the OP luck with his new Jeep, but I can see how it could be read a different way.
rentalguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 08:48 AM   #22
Looney
2011 WK 

I havent had any leaks with my 08 Rubicon thank God. Havent had the soft top out yet so that might be a different story. Sorry you had issues with the Jeep bro. That sucks to get a new toy and it have issues.
Unread 04-14-2010, 05:01 AM   #23
VaRaven
2010 JK Wrangler 

Rentalguy
Thats fine I uderstand.
VaRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2010, 07:50 AM   #24
plac
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd_goldcombat View Post
Mine's weird. I follow the torque-down pattern in the manual...
ehh?? for the hard top? knew i should have read the manual... mine squeaks pretty bad since i moved it and rebolted it down..

i need to find that tightening pattern info..
Unread 04-14-2010, 09:26 AM   #25
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

I have a soft top and they had to replace it. Then my header bow cracked. Now, it's all good =)
I don't want your d**n lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Mango Tango 2010 JK Wrangler Rubicon
Silver 2000 TJ Wrangler Sport
---
Quote:
The 2008 Jeep Wrangler is not so much an SUV as it is an experience. It's slow and loud, handles poorly, has crummy interior materials and features doors that provide virtually no crash protection. But when it comes to off-road performance, the Wrangler is simply the best choice available.
MacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 08:04 AM   #26
4x4Reaper
2011 JK Wrangler 

I have a 2011 and have been to the dealer four times now for my doors leaking. They have replaced both door seals and I still have water coming in.
4x4Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 08:10 AM   #27
gcan
2008 JK Wrangler 

my 08 t-tops leak a little bit when I'm driving in rain, but the actual hardtop is a tight seal. Maybe just add some more weatherstripping?
gcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 10:08 AM   #28
screameans73
2010 JK Wrangler 

I've got a dual topped 2010 JKU and the first day I had it in rain I had a nice sized puddle over the Nave (RAAAAGGGEE!) I did some reading here on the forums and found some members talking about a lubricant they use on the freedom tops that solved their issue. I solved mine by removing, and reinstalling both panels just making sure the right side was clamped in nice and tight first, then installed the left side, saving the speaker bar knobs for last. During removal those are the first to go so I figured they should be the last during the installation process. Since then it's been dry, the soft top however is whole other story.
screameans73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 11:20 AM   #29
WXman
2001 WJ 

A lot of these tops leak. Mine leaks too.

But there are people on this forum that swear up and down that if you have leaks, it's your fault for not installing the panels properly.
'11 Mango Tango JKU Sport - Mods
'12 Dozer JKU Sport S - 6-speed - ACE rock rails - Max Tow package - Daystar spacers - 33x12.50 Duratracs
WXman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2013, 12:12 PM   #30
Jeffro3000
2010 JK Wrangler 

I used to leak in my TJ in the same place. It happened after I lowered the windshield. I always wondered if a seal was broken after that.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.