Jeep back after accident: issues - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Jeep back after accident: issues

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 05-13-2013, 10:21 AM   #16
ncb

The steering wheel isn't perfectly round or it's not mounted perfectly centered so it gives the illusion of it "dropping" down when you turn it 90 degrees left or right. I'd post pics but I can't size pictures small enough for JF. WTF is up with that?

ncb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 10:55 AM   #17
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

The picture thing? A great example of the new owners of this forum sucking big balls.

Also, what is a "KB byte"
Mol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 04:34 PM   #18
Apostle
2013 JK Wrangler 

Ok, so it appears to drop, i can deal with that. still got the vibe issue, it is felt all over. not just steering wheel. seat, floor, shifter

[CENTER]You'll get over it[/CENTER]

[SIZE="1"]"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”
–Voltaire[/SIZE]
Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 05:26 PM   #19
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Any slop in your front driveshaft?
Unread 05-13-2013, 05:37 PM   #20
Apostle
2013 JK Wrangler 

just got done running, once i eat im headin out to fix some small stuff. ill check the shaft. They replaced the axle, but not the shaft. im thinking it may be bent a bit (maybe). worse case, i take it off and take it for a spin, see if it still happens

[CENTER]You'll get over it[/CENTER]

[SIZE="1"]"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”
–Voltaire[/SIZE]
Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2013, 06:35 PM   #21
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Could be a bent or imbalanced drive shaft, could be misaligned gears, or you may just need a couple new u joints. U joints are easy enough to diagnose.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.