Jeep 4 door Wrangler - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Jeep 4 door Wrangler

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Reply
Unread 08-18-2006, 08:53 AM   #31
buddastrat
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFlame
Four doors and soft top is just wrong.
You wouldn't want to remove the doors either - imagine how it would look with that B pillar sticking up...
Personally I do like the 2 door though. I have reservations about the V6.
I don't get all the comments about how awful it looks, a non-jeeper wouldn't even notice that it's any different. I like the changes for the most part.

I've shown JK - TJ pics to quite a few non jeep guys/gals and they noticed right away. That was with full doors and hard tops. It's pretty different looking actually. Closer with soft top. I haven't seen a pic of half doors yet. That would probably make it look closer to the older style jeep look.

buddastrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2006, 11:27 AM   #32
ReNxWar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddastrat
I've shown JK - TJ pics to quite a few non jeep guys/gals and they noticed right away. That was with full doors and hard tops. It's pretty different looking actually. Closer with soft top. I haven't seen a pic of half doors yet. That would probably make it look closer to the older style jeep look.
Obviously theres going to be a difference, or it wouldn't be a new platform. But what he's getting at is that its suttle enough to still LOOK like a Jeep. Its not like its looking like a Cherokee or a Trailblazer or something...you can tell a JK and TJ share a bloodline.

And for the record, I think they look alot alike too, kind of like a TJ-Hummer love child.
__________________
[b][color=darkgreen]1997 Wrangler Sahara[/color][/b] ([URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2450716]Cardomain[/url]) Teraflex 3" Lift, 33" Dunlops, Full skidplating, Rocker guards, H4 Xenon Headlights.
[b]1995 Honda CBR1000F[/b] V&H 4to1 Exhaust, K&N Filter, -1 +3 sprockets, Zero Gravity Tinted windshield.

[b][color=black]1996 Camaro Z28[/color] M6 Convertible[/b] ([URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2055334]Cardomain[/url]) Not stock [i](Wrecked, 3/4/06)[/i]
[b]2002 Crown Victoria LX Sport[/b] ([URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/507802]Cardomain[/url]) Stockish [i](Daily Driver, Sold 11/05)[/i]
[b][COLOR=DarkGreen]1995 Camaro 3.4L[/color][/b] ([URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/602057]Cardomain[/url]) [i](Sold, 8/05)[/i]
ReNxWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2006, 12:08 PM   #33
scottyc
Registered User
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: 77007, TX
Posts: 866
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReNxWar
Obviously theres going to be a difference, or it wouldn't be a new platform. But what he's getting at is that its suttle enough to still LOOK like a Jeep. Its not like its looking like a Cherokee or a Trailblazer or something...you can tell a JK and TJ share a bloodline.

And for the record, I think they look alot alike too, kind of like a TJ-Hummer love child.
Right on! Except, you accidentally typed 'Hummer' instead of 'CJ'...
scottyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2006, 12:12 PM   #34
PJL
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Schenectady, NY
Posts: 1,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyc
Right on! Except, you accidentally typed 'Hummer' instead of 'CJ'...
Meh, I agree that the 4 door does look a little too Hummer-ish. Oh well. Remember the good ol' days when we could laugh at Hummer guys for being posers and ripping off Jeep styling? *Sigh* The good ol' days...
PJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2006, 01:05 PM   #35
ReNxWar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJL
Meh, I agree that the 4 door does look a little too Hummer-ish. Oh well. Remember the good ol' days when we could laugh at Hummer guys for being posers and ripping off Jeep styling? *Sigh* The good ol' days...
This is also the topic of discussion over on the Camaro forums. Apparently, like back in the 60s, all the "pony" cars are beginning to look alike again. That comes down to the fact that all cars really do look alike. You can only go so square, and so round, before things start to run together with their own accents. If you want to get techincal, HUMMERS look like JEEPS, since Jeeps have been doing the "Square" thing alot longer than H2/H3's.
__________________
[b][color=darkgreen]1997 Wrangler Sahara[/color][/b] ([URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2450716]Cardomain[/url]) Teraflex 3" Lift, 33" Dunlops, Full skidplating, Rocker guards, H4 Xenon Headlights.
[b]1995 Honda CBR1000F[/b] V&H 4to1 Exhaust, K&N Filter, -1 +3 sprockets, Zero Gravity Tinted windshield.

[b][color=black]1996 Camaro Z28[/color] M6 Convertible[/b] ([URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2055334]Cardomain[/url]) Not stock [i](Wrecked, 3/4/06)[/i]
[b]2002 Crown Victoria LX Sport[/b] ([URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/507802]Cardomain[/url]) Stockish [i](Daily Driver, Sold 11/05)[/i]
[b][COLOR=DarkGreen]1995 Camaro 3.4L[/color][/b] ([URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/602057]Cardomain[/url]) [i](Sold, 8/05)[/i]
ReNxWar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.