J.W. Speaker LED 8700 Evolution Headlight - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > J.W. Speaker LED 8700 Evolution Headlight

Halloween Savings to die for!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 11-06-2012, 11:11 AM   #16
rirrgang
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastsuv View Post
It's all relative dude. $800 to you might be like $8 to him. To each his/her own. He was asking where to buy them, not if you agreed with him about spending $800. That's why people get sarcastic.
My only question was, where do you live that you need $800 lights. I wasn't disagreeing with him buying them. I'd leave that to my wife if I were thinking about it. . This is nothing to do with money and how much I or him or you for that matter can afford for them. It's a simple freaking question. I didn't give a rats a$$ for anything thing else. I have plenty more than $800 to spend on toys for the Jeep. I was just wondering about where he lived (environment), to utilize lights with that sort of price tag. Thats All.
You guys take all this stuff way to serious..... really

Unread 11-06-2012, 11:42 AM   #17
1fastsuv
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rirrgang View Post
My only question was, where do you live that you need $800 lights. I was just wondering about where he lived (environment), to utilize lights with that sort of price tag.
So, where do you live that you "need" a Sahara Unlimited? I assume you got it because that's the one you wanted. What's the difference where he lives or if he "needs" the lights? Those are the ones he likes, and he can afford to pay the $800. Like you stated earlier, this is a place to share and learn, but he was trying to "learn" and you didn't "share" anything to help him "learn."
Oh, and I'm very happy and impressed that you have way more than $800.
1fastsuv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2012, 12:37 PM   #18
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Quit being a bunch of negative Nancy's

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2012, 01:57 PM   #19
ncb

Quit trying to justify how others spend their money. All this negative **** is killing this forum.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2012, 02:12 PM   #20
rirrgang
2007 JK Wrangler 

I've got better things to do than to keep this up. My 6 year old grand daughter wears me out less than this thread has.
So, can I ask one more question, maybe two.
If you lived in the city where there are many bright street lights, would the stock JK lights really be that bad?
If you lived in the dark side of the deepest of country life, the JK lights would most likely not get the job done.
So, my question is and remains. "where do you live that would require the use of $800 (omit price), the best lights you can buy for the JK?
Was this really that hard of a question? Did it really have to cause all this BS?
Unread 11-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #21
ncb

Probably not, but the OP was simply asking where others have purchased the headlights. I'm out.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2012, 02:20 PM   #22
rirrgang
2007 JK Wrangler 

So.... from now on we can keep these threads very short. Just answer the question asked. Do not stray or ask any other unrelated questions. Period. I'm out as well.
Unread 11-06-2012, 02:20 PM   #23
Kodiak17
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I think both of the LED's look very pretty

My build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/thor-dd-weekend-warrior-1348534/
Kodiak17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2012, 11:26 AM   #24
1fastsuv
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I've got better things to do than to keep this up. My 6 year old grand daughter wears me out less than this thread has.
So, can I ask one more question, maybe two.
If you lived in the city where there are many bright street lights, would the stock JK lights really be that bad?
If you lived in the dark side of the deepest of country life, the JK lights would most likely not get the job done.
So, my question is and remains. "where do you live that would require the use of $800 (omit price), the best lights you can buy for the JK?
Was this really that hard of a question? Did it really have to cause all this BS?
I live in Ohio so I mainly got my wrangler to deal with the snow. I drive about an hour, one way to work, three days a week and it's all highway that is very well lit. About 45 minutes of the drive is by a couple cities that have very bright street lights. The other two days I drive about 5 miles thru town that is also well lit.
I bought the 8700's because 1) I like things that not everyone has, and 2) I like the look of the "white" light instead of the yellow glow of the halogens. Also, I recently mounted the Rigid 50' LED light bar. I don't do any offroading where I'd "need" all that light, but i like the way my ride looks with all that on it. I sometimes go to car shows and like having things that I don't see at every stop for gas. I'm sure a lot of people just add stuff cuz they like the way it looks.
1fastsuv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2012, 09:59 AM   #25
Digital504
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
My only question was, where do you live that you need $800 lights. I wasn't disagreeing with him buying them. I'd leave that to my wife if I were thinking about it. . This is nothing to do with money and how much I or him or you for that matter can afford for them. It's a simple freaking question. I didn't give a rats a$$ for anything thing else. I have plenty more than $800 to spend on toys for the Jeep. I was just wondering about where he lived (environment), to utilize lights with that sort of price tag. Thats All.
You guys take all this stuff way to serious..... really
I live in Ohio and my daily travels I spend a lot of time driving when its dark really early and at night. We have tons and tons of deer in and around where I live and anything that helps me see them faster and better is a good thing for me. Just today in Ohio a 29 year old man was killed when he hit a buck and it sent the deer flying into the windshield killing him and the deer. I don't really care how much the lights cost but I feel anything is better than what came with my JK. Thanks for all the feed back I'll be ordering mine from Discount Fleet Supply for a very good price of $715 & free shipping.
Digital504 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-08-2012, 12:19 PM   #26
BadTrainDriver
2012 JK Wrangler 

That's a good deal buddy!!
Unread 11-12-2012, 05:16 PM   #27
GeckoFun
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital504 View Post
I live in Ohio and my daily travels I spend a lot of time driving when its dark really early and at night. We have tons and tons of deer in and around where I live and anything that helps me see them faster and better is a good thing for me. Just today in Ohio a 29 year old man was killed when he hit a buck and it sent the deer flying into the windshield killing him and the deer. I don't really care how much the lights cost but I feel anything is better than what came with my JK. Thanks for all the feed back I'll be ordering mine from Discount Fleet Supply for a very good price of $715 & free shipping.
Just make sure you get the converter harness wire as well...this price doesn't include it.....
GeckoFun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2013, 12:29 AM   #28
Nikson
2006 LJ Wrangler 

May be I'm kinda late on this discussion, but why not just buy a nice 20-40 inch RIGID LED bar and you'll be set for all the highway driving you need?

Seems like its all that highway deer and such that scares ya...

my 50inch RIGID is irreplaceable and price is very justifiable (also I didnt pay retail)... I wouldnt trade it for nothing less thatn a SR-version 50" maybe...

Good luck... and hope you make the right choice...
$800 or $1 - its still an earned dollar that we spend...
Nikson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2013, 09:29 AM   #29
BadTrainDriver
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikson View Post
May be I'm kinda late on this discussion, but why not just buy a nice 20-40 inch RIGID LED bar and you'll be set for all the highway driving you need?

Seems like its all that highway deer and such that scares ya...

my 50inch RIGID is irreplaceable and price is very justifiable (also I didnt pay retail)... I wouldnt trade it for nothing less thatn a SR-version 50" maybe...

Good luck... and hope you make the right choice...
$800 or $1 - its still an earned dollar that we spend...
I hope you're not suggesting running a 20-40" LED light bar on the highway...because that's the most ignorant advice one could possible give...
Unread 01-27-2013, 10:03 AM   #30
toxicwaste29
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmjku12 View Post
He must have night vision or comes from the stone age, because the factory lights are horrible. Never have i owned a vehicle with such horrible lighting. Well probably on par with my 95 s-10 i had in high school. I just ordered the trucklite phase 7 leds for less than 450$, not sure i could drop 800$ for the minor difference though.
I forget are those the second gen? Where did you get them
toxicwaste29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
8700 , j.w , jk , led , speaker

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.