JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   JK Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/)
-   -   J.W. Speaker LED 8700 Evolution Headlight (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/j-w-speaker-led-8700-evolution-headlight-1433968/)

Digital504 11-02-2012 08:02 AM

J.W. Speaker LED 8700 Evolution Headlight

I'm ready to buy the J.W Speaker LED 8700's for my 2012 JK and I've seen only one or two places online that sell them. Jeep owners who already own them where did you buy yours ? Any suggestions on websites would be great. Thanks!

Happy Friday :highfive:

BadTrainDriver 11-02-2012 04:10 PM

Rebel Offroad has them for less then $800, with free shipping.

rirrgang 11-02-2012 04:30 PM

Where do you live that you would need $800 headlights? I've driven my JK for 93k miles and just recently changed the bulbs to Sylvania Ultra's. Although they are a bit brighter, my old bulbs worked fine. If I really needed the extra light, I turned on the high beams when appropriate.

Digital504 11-02-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rirrgang (Post 14395434)
Where do you live that you would need $800 headlights? I've driven my JK for 93k miles and just recently changed the bulbs to Sylvania Ultra's. Although they are a bit brighter, my old bulbs worked fine. If I really needed the extra light, I turned on the high beams when appropriate.

Is there some location requirement to buy the 8700 headlights ? They are bright and do a great job and that's all I need. Who cares where I live or why ? I just asked where I can buy them but thanks for the feedback on why you don't need them that for sure won't effect weather or not I buy them for my JK! :thumbdown:

Digital504 11-02-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadTrainDriver (Post 14395357)
Rebel Offroad has them for less then $800, with free shipping.

Thank you again for the great feed back ! :thumbsup:

Warmjku12 11-03-2012 07:28 AM

Quote:

He must have night vision or comes from the stone age, because the factory lights are horrible. Never have i owned a vehicle with such horrible lighting. Well probably on par with my 95 s-10 i had in high school. I just ordered the trucklite phase 7 leds for less than 450$, not sure i could drop 800$ for the minor difference though.

rirrgang 11-03-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital504 (Post 14395729)
Is there some location requirement to buy the 8700 headlights ? They are bright and do a great job and that's all I need. Who cares where I live or why ? I just asked where I can buy them but thanks for the feedback on why you don't need them that for sure won't effect weather or not I buy them for my JK! :thumbdown:

Settle down. You take this to personal. I was curious. Maybe you live in the country where there are not a lot of street lights. Something along that nature.
It's good to see people, in this economy, be able to spend 8 large on lights.
That's all. Really.

BadTrainDriver 11-03-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digital504 (Post 14395734)
Thank you again for the great feed back ! :thumbsup:

Just as an fyi, after much reading and research (done by our resident lighting expert Hilldweller), I came to the conclusion that the Truck Lite headlights were a better option, money not even being a factor.

I have no regrets with them.

The low beams are a nice improvement...and the high beams are nothing but spectacular!

Warmjku12 11-03-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadTrainDriver (Post 14398133)
Just as an fyi, after much reading and research (done by our resident lighting expert Hilldweller), I came to the conclusion that the Truck Lite headlights were a better option, money not even being a factor.

I have no regrets with them.

The low beams are a nice improvement...and the high beams are nothing but spectacular!

That thread is was pushed me in the direction i went. My truck lites should be here monday. Can't wait!

rirrgang 11-03-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warmjku12 (Post 14397681)
He must have night vision or comes from the stone age, because the factory lights are horrible. Never have i owned a vehicle with such horrible lighting. Well probably on par with my 95 s-10 i had in high school. I just ordered the trucklite phase 7 leds for less than 450$, not sure i could drop 800$ for the minor difference though.

Night vision? You're a sarcastic A$$.
I live in the city and 95% of my driving is in the city and have really not noticed how bad our JK lights really are. I used to drive it from San Jose to Prescott and hiway 58 and 40 were pretty miserable. High beams took care of it.
I ask these questions about lighting only because I don't "see" the lack of lighting like you guys do.

GeckoFun 11-03-2012 04:37 PM

I"m going to get these as well....IMHO they look MUCH better than the Truck Lites....really think the black-outed look will look great during the day and can't wait for improvement at night (stock lights suck). Don't mind the haters on here that get all hot and bothered whenever you spend more than $200 on a mod or you didn't make it yourself....whatever.

rirrgang 11-03-2012 04:50 PM

Haters of Mods? Didn't this used to me a forum where reasonably intelligent people came to share, learn and discuss all things JK? Don't get your panties up in a bunch because someone asked to many questions or doesn't agree with you. I learn a lot here. I may not need 800 dollar lights but I do like learning about why you would.
Have a beer and chill.

Warmjku12 11-03-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rirrgang (Post 14399245)
Night vision? You're a sarcastic A$$.
I live in the city and 95% of my driving is in the city and have really not noticed how bad our JK lights really are. I used to drive it from San Jose to Prescott and hiway 58 and 40 were pretty miserable. High beams took care of it.
I ask these questions about lighting only because I don't "see" the lack of lighting like you guys do.

Yes my wife calls me a smart a$$ all the time. I too live close to the city (san antonio) and spend most my night driving in it. I find the stock lights are bad in both situations. I wasnt trying to be mean, just messing around. But I'm used to nothing less than HIDs on my past three vehicles and my wifes Infiniti, when you hop in the jeep its pretty lame.

P.S. I my self is drinking a cran and absolute and am perfectly chilled.

Demoncleaner 11-03-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

C'mon dude the stock lights are soooo pathetic. I'm happy you dig em, but don't question that someone thinks they're poor.....cuz they are.

1fastsuv 11-06-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rirrgang (Post 14399443)
Haters of Mods? Didn't this used to me a forum where reasonably intelligent people came to share, learn and discuss all things JK? Don't get your panties up in a bunch because someone asked to many questions or doesn't agree with you. I learn a lot here. I may not need 800 dollar lights but I do like learning about why you would.
Have a beer and chill.

It's all relative dude. $800 to you might be like $8 to him. To each his/her own. He was asking where to buy them, not if you agreed with him about spending $800. That's why people get sarcastic.

The time now is 09:04 PM.