On Its Way! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > On Its Way!

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 12-17-2006, 06:40 PM   #1
jimhut2000

On Its Way!

I just received an email from my dealer stating that my Jeep will be leaving the factory Thursday the 21st

They estimate an early January delivery, granted there are no rail issues...

Now I cant wait until summer so I can take the top off...

Unread 12-17-2006, 09:11 PM   #2
jeepramnauth
2010 JK Wrangler 

congrats man. I remember test driving a 2dr rubicon...niccce! well, have fun!
jeepramnauth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2006, 06:52 AM   #3
Maldoro
2007 JK Wrangler 

Congrats, I'm going with the same one. Did you get the hard top? How long did they tell you it was going to take? I will be placing my order after the holidays. Still trying to decide who is going to get my business.

Thanks
Maldoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2006, 08:45 AM   #4
arjflyr

Hey JimHut2000, I think that actually is my Jeep being delivered! Just kidding. I am also in the Twin Cities and have pretty much the same on order. Did you get the Khaki interior and top? That is what I have coming. I just found out that mine went into D1 status last week, so I hope I won't be waiting long. See you on the road soon!!
arjflyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2006, 04:09 PM   #5
jimhut2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldoro
Congrats, I'm going with the same one. Did you get the hard top? How long did they tell you it was going to take? I will be placing my order after the holidays. Still trying to decide who is going to get my business.

Thanks
I did order mine with the hard top. They told me it could take 8 to 10 weeks, they pretty much nailed it! Order was placed Oct 28th.

I think dealer allocations has much to do with the amount of volume the dealer does, where my dealer does high volume and is able to get allocations pretty fast
Unread 12-18-2006, 04:12 PM   #6
jimhut2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjflyr
Hey JimHut2000, I think that actually is my Jeep being delivered! Just kidding. I am also in the Twin Cities and have pretty much the same on order. Did you get the Khaki interior and top? That is what I have coming. I just found out that mine went into D1 status last week, so I hope I won't be waiting long. See you on the road soon!!

Grey interior with black hard top.

I ordered mine from Park Jeep here in the Twin Cities; where did you order yours from?

Perhaps we will have to hook up and head to the Iron Range this fall for Camp Jeep
Unread 12-18-2006, 05:55 PM   #7
arjflyr

I actually ordered mine from Fury Motors. I requested quotes from a bunch of dealers, and got quick responses from three. Fury was the lowest, and I felt pretty good about it. I was a little worried about the whole allocation thing. I placed my order 11/22, and I really wasn't expecting it until Feb or so. Just checked again today and mine is in G status, which I guess is "Trim". From what I understood, I had the only customer order for a Wrangler there, so maybe that helped it go through the system so fast. I am hoping to see it soon after the first of the year. My wife picked the Red Rock color. I would have chosen Jeep Green, but like them both. I can't wait to get it!
arjflyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2006, 06:59 PM   #8
jimhut2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjflyr
I actually ordered mine from Fury Motors. I requested quotes from a bunch of dealers, and got quick responses from three. Fury was the lowest, and I felt pretty good about it. I was a little worried about the whole allocation thing. I placed my order 11/22, and I really wasn't expecting it until Feb or so. Just checked again today and mine is in G status, which I guess is "Trim". From what I understood, I had the only customer order for a Wrangler there, so maybe that helped it go through the system so fast. I am hoping to see it soon after the first of the year. My wife picked the Red Rock color. I would have chosen Jeep Green, but like them both. I can't wait to get it!
I was quoted the exact same price from Fury and Park, 1% under Invoice (Supplier Discount) Park came in better on my trade in.

I too would have chosen Jeep Green, but my wife chose Red Rock and if I were to buy a new vehicle with here approval she got to choose the color.

see you on the trails
Unread 12-27-2006, 08:13 PM   #9
jimhut2000

Jan 3

Just received a phone call from my dealer and he indicate that my Jeep made the train and just passed through Indiana...... January 3rd it will deliver..

I'll be sure to post Pics......
Unread 12-27-2006, 10:35 PM   #10
bperrypa

Mines on a train too. ordered 17 Nov, built before Christmas, and expected delivery around the first week January. 2007 Sahara, hardtop, 18in wheels, Silver, Auto. (figured the silver would show 'pinstripes' less than a darker color. )
bperrypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2006, 05:47 AM   #11
jimhut2000

Congrats! Silver is a great color for the Desert, I used to live in El Paso Tx and dark colors tend to fade quickly in the desert sun....

Someday I'll make it back to the South West.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bperrypa
Mines on a train too. ordered 17 Nov, built before Christmas, and expected delivery around the first week January. 2007 Sahara, hardtop, 18in wheels, Silver, Auto. (figured the silver would show 'pinstripes' less than a darker color. )
Unread 12-28-2006, 09:27 AM   #12
4-cubed

Does anyone know what information is needed to check on the status of your Jeep.
I have a 2007 Unlimited Sahara Rock Red on order since 10/15 and when I checked with the dealer last they said that the order was accepted and they don't expect any more shipments until the new year (that was in early December.)

In NY so it's not really a big jeep market and that may delay it because of the dealer allocations.

BTW, Jim I wanted the Jeep Green also but the car will be my fiancee's DD so she said she wouldn't drive the Green. I needed to conceed the color to get her to agree to let me buy one at all.
4-cubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2006, 09:41 AM   #13
jimhut2000

There is an 800 number you can call and a DC rep. will give you an update, however you will need VON which can be obtained from your dealer.

I will find the 800 number and post it back on this thread.

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-cubed
Does anyone know what information is needed to check on the status of your Jeep.
I have a 2007 Unlimited Sahara Rock Red on order since 10/15 and when I checked with the dealer last they said that the order was accepted and they don't expect any more shipments until the new year (that was in early December.)

In NY so it's not really a big jeep market and that may delay it because of the dealer allocations.

BTW, Jim I wanted the Jeep Green also but the car will be my fiancee's DD so she said she wouldn't drive the Green. I needed to conceed the color to get her to agree to let me buy one at all.
Unread 12-28-2006, 09:49 AM   #14
4-cubed

Here is the 800 number. It was in FAQ.
Does the dealer reddily give up the VON?

DaimlerChrysler Customer Assistance Center
1-800-992-1997 (Mon-Fri 8am-5pm)

They may give you a order status code, here is what each code means.

BB - review by fleet department
BD - special equipment processing
BE - edit error
BG - passed edit n/a for schedule
BGL - edit ok parts unavailable
BX - passed edit available for schedule
C - sub firm
D - firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available
D - 1 gateline schedule - scheduled to be built
E - frame
F - paint
G - trim
I - built not ok'd
J - built ok'd
JB - shipped to body vendor
JE - emission check
JS - shipped to storage
KZ - released by plant , invoiced
KZL - released - not shipped
KZM - first rail departure
KZN - first rail arrival
KZO - delayed/recieved
KZOA - plant holds
KZOB - zone/distribution holds
KZOC - carrier delays
KZOD - carrier holds
KZOE - mis-shipped vehicle
KZOF - show/test vehicle
KZOG - damaged vehicle
KZOH - all other reasons
KZT - second rail departure
KZU - second rail arrival
KZX - delivered to dealer
ZA - canceled
4-cubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2006, 09:55 AM   #15
MJS_Jeep_888

Hi All -

This is my first post - On Xmas, Santa (my wife) decided to let me order my first Jeep:

'07 Sahara 2 door, Automatic, nearly fully-loaded (tow package, rear LSD, DVD/MP3, dual tops, etc., except for MyGIG).

The dealerships here in CT are saying there's an 8- to 20-week wait for delivery from the factory, due to the time DC spent waiting for a permanent engineering fix on the hardtop leak issue - has anyone heard differently lately?

In any case, I can't wait for my Jeep - always wanted one, but the wife wouldn't allow it (we test-drove an '02 when they were new, and she was scared to death that it'd "roll over and blow up." lol. But the JK is apparently "civilized" enough for her tastes).

Nice board, good posters - good luck and hope all of our orders come through ASAP!!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.