it's hot in here!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > it's hot in here!!

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 10-12-2012, 11:59 PM   #1
taoshum
2008 JK Wrangler 

it's hot in here!!

Here the question...it's like 75deg outside, full sun though, I start the engine to go to work and pretty soon turn the vent blower "on"... the temp knob is fully CCW full cool but no ac. In no time the air coming out of the vents is hot... much hotter than the outside air. So now I have to turn the AC on.

I pulled the console upper panel to get to the temp control just to see if the knob will turn to cool... it seems to... sounds like it is closing a door somewhere... point is that the air is really too warm.

I'm writing all this just to find out if anyone else is having this situation too. Maybe there is a solution out there... an adjustment that I could do?

Thanks!

Unread 10-13-2012, 03:36 AM   #2
Cosmobull
2012 JK Wrangler 

My 2012 is the same way. The air temp on cold is about 10 degrees hotter than ambient air temp.
Cosmobull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2012, 06:27 AM   #3
janders82
2010 JK Wrangler 

Same on my 2010. I figured this to be true for all JK's and never looked into it. Keep us posted if you end up finding a solution
295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers
janders82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2012, 07:14 AM   #4
SoK66
2009 JK Wrangler 

I have the same issue with my '09. I can cycle through the settings on the air flow knob and it will drop the dash vent temp back close to ambient, but it will slowly climb back to what you describe. An annoying characteristic. X2 on keeping us posted.
SoK66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.