Intro - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Intro

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 07-12-2013, 07:39 AM   #1
skrach77
2005 WK 

Intro

Figured it was time to say hi over on this board. I'm regular on JF- but recently bought a JKUR. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Quick question- what's the trick to disable to door sensor when running without doors?

Here's the new JK: 4", 18/35's, Banks exhaust and CAI, LOD bumpers and carrier, Warn VR8, 4.88's, KC's, fully loaded

image-3222383093.jpg

skrach77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 08:00 AM   #2
dbstang
2010 JK Wrangler 

Mine disables itself. It does it after you take key out and put back in ingintion though. If Key is still in ignition door light stays on until i remove key.
dbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2013, 08:30 AM   #3
HappyTrails
Registered Voter w/ID

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbstang View Post
Mine disables itself. It does it after you take key out and put back in ingintion though. If Key is still in ignition door light stays on until i remove key.
If that does not work, read the owner's manual.
Once you pull the electrical connector from the door, the computer should know that the doors are off and to not worry about it.
Re-inventing the circle and straight line.
HappyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-13-2013, 01:32 PM   #4
skrach77
2005 WK 

After turning the key off and back on- it disabled. Live and learn!

Another question- I have heard of guys putting round blind spot mirrors on their hvac vents to serve as mirrors- has anyone tried this and can you tell me how it works?
Unread 07-13-2013, 02:56 PM   #5
Johnny_Fever

I tried it, I consider it the biggest waste of $.99 ever. The problem is the angle is wrong, you can sort of see beside you but not really you actually see more of the lane beside you. I got a mirror from a Harley buddy of mine and it works great, I had to mod it slightly and of course a little plasti dip came in handy
Johnny_Fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2013, 07:57 AM   #6
skrach77
2005 WK 

Yep right there with you- I tried it and what a waste...

Oh we'll, searching for some cheap motorcycle mirrors now

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.