Intermittent Start Issues 07 Wrangler HELP! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Intermittent Start Issues 07 Wrangler HELP!

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 09-14-2012, 02:22 PM   #1
emorganb
2007 JK Wrangler 

Intermittent Start Issues 07 Wrangler HELP!

My '07 Wrangler has been having start issues for over a year. Sometimes it's fine, sometimes I have to crank it a couple times and it will start right up, and twice I've had to find a different mode of transportation. At first thought it was the battery, got a new one last year... problem not solved. Decided to deal with it for a while since 9 times out of 10 I could get it to turn over... but it continued to get worse. It clicks every time and the all the electrical is fine and working. Assumed a bad coil in the starter. Just replaced the starter.... still happening. What is going on? Mechanic is assuming a "computer" problem. Anyone else experiencing this?

emorganb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 06:27 PM   #2
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Bad ground circuit in starter circuit?
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 06:32 PM   #3
jeephidelt
2007 JK Wrangler 

If you have an automatic, wiggle the shifter or shift all the way down and all the way up back into park and try it again. I've had the same problem and it is very common. Pardon my lack of technical terminology, but basically, the issue is the sensor that tells the ignition that it is in park. If the computer doesn't think it is in park, it won't start. If you get it securly into park, it will start right up.
Unread 09-17-2012, 10:46 AM   #4
Spaschal
2007 JK Wrangler 

jeephidelt is 100% correct. wiggle the shifter, will work everytime.
Spaschal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2007 , issues , start , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.