Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

interested in buying a 4 door Rubicon. what are the dealers doing for you?

3K views 37 replies 23 participants last post by  Thunderstrike 
#1 ·
I just took a test drive of a nice 4 door Rubicon. I'm probably going to order one because no one has the color or options i'd like. but the dealer that i went to doesn't seem to want to drop anything at all of the MSRP. I know they are new and lack good rebates, but come on, no dealer discounts?! I just want something i can go off of. what have you guys gotton of MSRP?

Also, how do you guys like the new JK's? i personally love them so far, but how do you guys who own them like them? I want a 4 Door Rubicon with an auto, power group and dual tops (live in vermont, so it gets cold in the winter) Thanks for all the help!

#2 ·
What will they do for you? They will let you buy one of the lot at sticker price!

If you want a discount, you just have to order like most of us here.:)

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum, Robber80. :wave:

After seeing many posts on this topic from members of this site and others, I've concluded there's a wide variety of JK costs out there. It appears to be regional and directly tied to demand (no surprise there). Simply put, if the dealers in your area have plenty of JK's they're going to be ready to deal. If the dealer has only one or two JK's on the lot (like in my state) they're going to act as though each one is made out of gold.

Bill

#5 ·
I get mine today - jeep green, rubicon, 4x4, automatic, dual tops, tint, 77 klms on it. i got it at their cost to the dealership, cuz they wanted to sell it on the last day of january to get some incentive from DC - i was there to put a downpayment on the sahara unlimited, but they had this rubicon that i couldnt pass up...way nicer and more aggressive looking...i love the tires.

plus, they also paid my last two lease payments on my present car - which i get rid of today hopefully...

we made our monthly payments only $30 more per month by buying the rubicon, so we got a really good deal...

#6 ·
Picked up a Black 4dr Rubicon last night. They only budged a little from MSRP. They had a lot of 4drs, but this was the only Rubicon in GA. None in SC, 1 in TN, and 2 in VA. So unless I wanted to wait a few months, I had to get this one.

It had 9 miles on it, and I drove it 90 miles home last night. VERY nice driving compare to my 2002 TJ.

They told me that Jeep has told the dealerships that Hardtops are in short supply right now and will delay the builds of anything with a hardtop.

#10 ·
thanks for all the posts. first off, i'd like to order mine because of what i want in it. second, where do you guys find invoice price? the invoice is no longer printed on the window sticker anymore.

what kind of actual money would i expect off of sticker? or would be fair to ask especially if i'm ordering one. i know that it varies from state to state, but i live in vermont, so i can look all around for a dealer in new england. plus i have family in new york, and also Virginia, so i figured i'd ask around everywhere if i could.

i know it sounds like i'm going waaay out of my way for probably a little bit off Msrp. but this is a second vehicle and i really want exactly what i want, and with the money i have to put down, plus tax, i would like a almost specific payment to make sure i can afford it. if no one will go off msrp, thats when i'll have to drop options off i guess. In my area we have a lot of dealers who do not like to deal at all, so i figured i'd ask you guys that may have more experiance with other areas. again thank you for all your help!!!

#11 ·
Robber80 said:
I just took a test drive of a nice 4 door Rubicon. I'm probably going to order one because no one has the color or options i'd like. but the dealer that i went to doesn't seem to want to drop anything at all of the MSRP. I know they are new and lack good rebates, but come on, no dealer discounts?! I just want something i can go off of. what have you guys gotton of MSRP?

Also, how do you guys like the new JK's? i personally love them so far, but how do you guys who own them like them? I want a 4 Door Rubicon with an auto, power group and dual tops (live in vermont, so it gets cold in the winter) Thanks for all the help!
I ordered one at $300 over invoice and have since cancelled the order after finding one on another lot. I ended up paying invoice + $700 for mine back in November. The one I originally ordered at $300 over invoice just arrived on the lot last week and is still available. Southeast PA. Good Luck.

As far as liking it? It's awesome. It's my 4th Jeep and so far my favorite. :2thumbsup:

#12 ·
Robber80,
I don't remember the invoice price ever being printed on the new vehicle Window Sticker(required by federal law and sometimes called the Monroni).
However, there are lots of sources out there. Edmunds.com can be a good source for invoice prices and regional sales prices. Edmunds sales prices are not realtime, as they have to periodically gather the data and input it, but it is still helpful as a guesstimate. They also have trade in values, test drives, comparison tests, long term tests, etc. that are interesting to read. Edmunds can also be used to get dealer quotes. It works off of the zip code(s) you choose to input.
Nadaguides.com also has trade in values.

#13 ·
Cool, i just used edmunds and got the invoice. the jeep i want has a msrp of $34225, and the invoice would be $31117. so i figure i should look around for someone who will order one for $31617 if i can. thats $500 above invoice with the options. that would be pretty cool. thanks alot for the help, now i have some actualy numbers to work with!!!

so do you guys like your JK's??? i've looked pictures from some of you guys and the jeeps look awsome!

#14 ·
Has anyone checked out JeepWarehouse? I am seriously considering going thru them as I am getting nothing but the full court press to buy what's on the lot... even though they are not exactly what I want.

I am not affiliated with them in any way shape nor form... just stumbled on them while surfing for a deal on a Jeep.

#15 ·
pdxbubba said:
Has anyone checked out JeepWarehouse? I am seriously considering going thru them as I am getting nothing but the full court press to buy what's on the lot... even though they are not exactly what I want.

I am not affiliated with them in any way shape nor form... just stumbled on them while surfing for a deal on a Jeep.
I considered them but went to my local dealer with a printed JeepWarehouse offer just to check and they decided to match the offer not to loose my business. I am paying $500 over invoice incl. all costs other than tax & tags. I did not mention to dealer than JeepWarehouse wanted an additional $250 to ship to VA.

Suggest you do same.

#16 ·
jeepwarehouse

I ordered 4-door rubicon from JeepWarehouse. The price they show on the website is the one they are asking for. The price has however increased since then and I probably have to pay the new price when it comes. There was also an additional $250 drop charge for shipping it to California.

If other dealers have quotas I don't know how these guys can sell so many of them. Maybe they drop me always at the end of the line when other dealers order within their quotas. Still on BG status.

#17 ·
I'm in the market for a new Rubicon 4 dr, Kellyoferin, what dealer were you working with, as I'm somewhat local to Purcellville.

#19 ·
so is there a cetch to jeepwarehouse? i mean how can they just advertise a price like that? are these vehicles coming off the same assembly line, same quaility? are they shipped to your door for $250??? if anyone has bought from them please do tell.

#20 ·
My 4-dr Rubicon is Being Made Tomorrow

I've paid a $500 deposit to Jeepwarehouse, and the vehicle is being mfg. tomorrow. Sales manager Bill Shoemaker emailed me that it will probably be delivered to the dealership by Feb. 16. He didn't mention the price increase, but they have had that deposit for several months on a quoted price, which I hope will still be honored. It doesnt seem fair to raise the price after taking a deposit. The dealers here are firm at sticker for the 4-doors, so I ordered to get the color and options I wanted.

#21 ·
Welcome to the forum, wbadder. :wave:

According to the website, the guy responsible for JeepWarehouse's online sales is Bill Shoemaker @ (800) 339-7708.

Bill

#22 ·
Shipping

Robber80 said:
are they shipped to your door for $250??? .
They will be shipped to a local dealer directly from the factory. This is where it gets a little bit complicated. I have visited every dealer with a printed quote from JWH and in some places the manager didn't even say anything just turned around and walked away. I heard that it can get really ugly if shipped to a place like that. So now I have to find a new dealer that preferably even have already good relations with Bill.

#23 ·
oh man that could get ugly. i figured because they say they get shipped to jeepwarehouse's dealership then there is a 250 shipping charge that it would end up somewhere close by or to my door.

#24 ·
dlopan said:
I'm in the market for a new Rubicon 4 dr, Kellyoferin, what dealer were you working with, as I'm somewhat local to Purcellville.
I ordered via http://www.dullesauto.com/index.html. They are in Leesburg, VA.

***According to their on-line inventory they just got in a few 4DR and 2DR Rubicons.

I worked with the sales guy Chris. Tell him or manager that Martin Kelly referred you.

I had no problem getting them to agree to $500 over invoice for my Rubi order as I had a Jeepwarehouse offer for $300 over invoice with me and that really helped make the deal. Just fill out the form on JW and print it before you go to dealer.

I take my current Sahara there and their service department is very good.

Let me know how you get on.

#25 ·
thanks for the welcome to the forum...UTAH

I did get a hold of Bill Shoemaker today. He had my quote from a couple of weeks ago and said that the price had increased but he would not add it to my quote. After discussing it with my wife tonight it looks like I will be ordering a Rubi for jeepwarehouse tomorrow

#26 ·
Hard tops on hold

I just called DCX and they said all unlimited rubicons with hard tops are on hold indefinitely. This is killing me, especially when seeing all those pictures of JK's in Moab. I guess I have to take my old Frontier out there one more time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.