Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

interested in buying a 4 door Rubicon. what are the dealers doing for you?

3K views 37 replies 23 participants last post by  Thunderstrike 
#1 ·
I just took a test drive of a nice 4 door Rubicon. I'm probably going to order one because no one has the color or options i'd like. but the dealer that i went to doesn't seem to want to drop anything at all of the MSRP. I know they are new and lack good rebates, but come on, no dealer discounts?! I just want something i can go off of. what have you guys gotton of MSRP?

Also, how do you guys like the new JK's? i personally love them so far, but how do you guys who own them like them? I want a 4 Door Rubicon with an auto, power group and dual tops (live in vermont, so it gets cold in the winter) Thanks for all the help!

#27 ·
ylamurto said:
I just called DCX and they said all unlimited rubicons with hard tops are on hold indefinitely. This is killing me, especially when seeing all those pictures of JK's in Moab. I guess I have to take my old Frontier out there one more time.
When I call DCX (ph on FAQ) they know nothing. Are we calling different customer service people, or are you going through dealer?

#28 ·
That's from the 1800 number. Actually, what they said was that there is a problem with MY order and they put it on hold indefinitely due to the hard top. If not all orders are on hold then maybe this means that JWH doesn't get the highest priority with their prices and volumes. Just speculating while I'm getting frustrated.

#30 ·
Kellyoferin said:
I ordered via http://www.dullesauto.com/index.html. They are in Leesburg, VA.

***According to their on-line inventory they just got in a few 4DR and 2DR Rubicons.

I worked with the sales guy Chris. Tell him or manager that Martin Kelly referred you.

I had no problem getting them to agree to $500 over invoice for my Rubi order as I had a Jeepwarehouse offer for $300 over invoice with me and that really helped make the deal. Just fill out the form on JW and print it before you go to dealer.

I take my current Sahara there and their service department is very good.

Let me know how you get on.

Went to the dealer to check out a 4dr Rubi they had sitting on the lot; Chris no longer works there, and the guy I talked to was quoting $1395 OVER msrp for paint protection and undercoating (I didn't know dealers were still using that scam). I left w/o offering anything because I'm still on the fence about ordering one with half doors, which I think are now available to be ordered (at least according to Jeepwarehouse) as of Tuesday 2/20.

I see the database has been updated and it's still there, along with a green 4 dr Rubi w/auto.

#31 ·
I just ordered my 4 dr Rubi 2 days ago. I got it at invoice + 2% which seemed reasonable to me. THey first offered $1000 over invoice and then matched another dealers 2% offer. THey told me that I am the only person that they gave anything under MSRP for. Maybe because sales have been slow since the big snow storm we just had. I am in central PA. They said they cannot get any in for inventory because they are so hot and must be ordered. ANd the last guy to order got his in under 4 weeks. Now I wait..... Hopefully the hard top and Mygig wont hold it up. If it does thats just all the more time i get to sell my RX300!

#33 ·
ylamurto said:
That's from the 1800 number. Actually, what they said was that there is a problem with MY order and they put it on hold indefinitely due to the hard top. If not all orders are on hold then maybe this means that JWH doesn't get the highest priority with their prices and volumes. Just speculating while I'm getting frustrated.
I was at local dealership last weekend, the salesman said that Jeep was looking for a new vendor for the hardtop and you could only get one if it was on the lot or already manufactured. This could explain why your Jeep is on hold.

#34 ·
I just picked up my JK unlimited RUBI. after being on order for 4 months.

I paid 100 over invoice. but I ordered through the fleet/internet sales department.
they had flat rate 100 over invoice on all cars.

When I was getting the JK the had a twin there too but different color. the stickeer on the window asked 42K. My salesman said they won't let him sell that one for less than 38.

Basically that one was reserved for a sucker. that has no time and lots of money.

#35 ·
www.carmax.com Orlanda has a Rubi for $27448. $2362 off the $29810 sticker price/Invoce $27576.

#38 ·
TDI4BY said:
I was just at my Jeep dealer late last night and they have a +$5,000 NW Market adjust on all new jeep 4drs. :rofl: ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!
Where are you located? People obviously haven't heard carmax.com I'' drive down to LA from San Jose in a heartbeat to save $2000-$2500!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.