instrument cluster - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > instrument cluster

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 01-22-2014, 10:07 AM   #1
ironmanathlete
2010 JK Wrangler 

instrument cluster

I have a question about my 2010 JKUR instrument cluster (didn't find it in the manual). Yesterday the outside light hit my cluster just right, and I could see that there are lights for gear indication D R N and a box for the actual gear that the trans is in. Does anybody have a 6 speed that these work on? Or, is this just in there because they function on the automatic models?

Thanks

ironmanathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2014, 10:30 AM   #2
69moparman
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Those indicators are for the automatic transmission. There's a box around the D, and the D changes to the gear number when using the auto-stick like a manual transmission.
69moparman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2014, 10:34 AM   #3
C-Train
2010 JK Wrangler 

It's just there for the automatic models, same cluster but with different programming for the respective transmissions. And I'm pretty sure that the manual gearbox doesn't have anything connected to the computer to read what gear it's in, so the dash wouldn't be able to display said info. Besides, the manual has six gears while the '10 auto only had four, so you'd be short on gear indication lights.
[COLOR="Blue"]Air Force Jeep Club #173[/COLOR]
C-Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2014, 10:43 AM   #4
ironmanathlete
2010 JK Wrangler 

Thank you both!
ironmanathlete is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.