Installing Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Installing Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 05-15-2013, 05:12 PM   #1
Cropduster23
2012 JK Wrangler 

Installing Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit

Finally had time to install my teraflex leveling kit on my 2012 JKU. The before measurements (from ground to bottom of fender flare) Front 36.5" Rear 37.5". After: Front 38.5" Rear 38.75" which I suspect will be 38.5" with the hardtop installed. The Install was very simple (someone who has little to no mechanical ability could install this lift in under 3 hours)

I installed the kit by myself in around 1:45 and I did not rush by any stretch of the imagination. I had heard that a hoist wouldn't help much with this lift, but I had access to one so I used it anyways. I think the hoist is a huge help and saves a considerable amount of time. Once completed, this lift looks perfectly fit to the 285/70/17s that I have on the Jeep.

With using the hoist, I never removed the tires/wheels - I loosened the lower shock bolts, sway bar links and brake line brackets while the Jeep was on the ground. I then lifted the frame and body of the Jeep with the hoist while the axle and wheels stayed in place on the ground. Remove the springs and the factory isolators, add in the teraflex spacers (I lubed them with some light grease so they would slide into place easier (much more helpful on the rear) attach the factory isolators to the spacers and start the process of positioning the spring back in its proper position. I then just hand tightened the bolts on everything, lowered the Jeep back down and Torqued all the nuts and bolts. The hoist made this job incredibly easy!!!

The pic with no top or doors was before, while the pics with the soft top on were after the install

image-1327345592.jpg   image-2853861721.jpg   image-424577645.jpg  
Cropduster23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 05:18 PM   #2
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

nice little write up, glad to see you're enjoying the kit! btw love the color!
Unread 05-15-2013, 05:22 PM   #3
dualtjs
2011 JK Wrangler 

That's a lot of green. I clicked on the picture and I think that I burned the macula of my eye.

Definitely like the stance better with the leveling kit.

Where did you get the matching color seats/seat covers?
dualtjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 05:26 PM   #4
Cropduster23
2012 JK Wrangler 

Seat Covers are made by Wet Okole. I purchased them through Quadratec. In the winter I have a matching hardtop which is even more green. The stance looks 100x better in person and the drivability doesn't seem any different whatsoever. I haven't had it aligned yet and have no issues, but will probably get it aligned at my next oil change.
Unread 05-15-2013, 05:34 PM   #5
AlbertaJeeper
2013 JK Wrangler 

Have you had a chance to tow or haul anything heavy in the back after the install? I had heard the leveling kits can cause a bit of an issue there (ending up pointing at the sky) but not any real first hand experience.
AlbertaJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 08:49 PM   #6
Cropduster23
2012 JK Wrangler 

Heaviest thing I have hauled is my Kubota utility tractor. Total weight with trailer and all is probably around 11-1200#. It didn't seem nose high to me at all. I probably won't haul anything heavier than 1500#.
Unread 05-15-2013, 09:10 PM   #7
Remmy18
2012 JK Wrangler 

Nice man! I love the TF leveling kit.

Cut those fenders to flats and run 35s
Remmy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 10:00 PM   #8
wranglernut14
2012 JK Wrangler 

dude i beat you glow in the dark at night! i love the color though.
wranglernut14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.