Installing rocker switch.... - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Installing rocker switch....

RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 01-18-2010, 05:54 AM   #31
bigdaddyh
2009 JK Wrangler 

Open either the driver or passenger side door and take off the end panel. There is a hole there with insulation that you can poke through with a coat hanger to get wire under the hood.

Unread 01-21-2010, 09:05 AM   #32
riptide
2012 JK Wrangler 

I just ordered these from polycase.com. While it won't fit the conture rocker switches I was initially going to use, I believe this will work quite nicely. I plan on making/getting some L or V shape strips of metal to secure the case to the section above the mirror. With one of these I figure I can get between 6-9 switches up there.

Length (A) 7.620
Width (B) 4.620
Height (C) 2.255

Length (A) 8.740
Width (B) 5.750
Height (C) 2.170
riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2010, 03:49 PM   #33
SemperFIsh
2010 JK Wrangler 

Nice BigDaddyh,
Its so amazing that ideas are shared on the internet, I had this idea after shopping at Advanced Auto and was going to mount it in the same place and everything, then I got on here to check out other ideas. I like the daystar up on top of the mirror too.
Unread 07-27-2010, 04:00 PM   #34
fernjack
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ge2 View Post
I can attest to that also. I ran the Daystar panel for about a year and it just doesn't work with a manual. You can push the boot down and hold it in place with a ziptie, but you shouldn't have to do that.

I removed the daystar panel and moved my 4 switches to the middle of the center stack, where the power window switches would be (I don't have power windows). I used a dremel for this.

Then I have 6 switches up top, using an sPOD (which is probably one of the single best mods I've seen in 18+ years of modifying vehicles).

That's a great spot if you don't have power windows ........
07' Rubi Unlimited 6spd. , Rescue green #64 CDN , 35x12.5 mudders
Rick .
fernjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2010, 12:17 PM   #35
4xar
2011 JK Wrangler 

extremely well done
4xar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2010, 12:41 PM   #36
4xar
2011 JK Wrangler 

good install...1.How does the mount attach? 2. How did you route the wires? Thx
4xar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2010, 02:40 PM   #37
labgeek
2010 JK Wrangler 

I'm looking forward to this becoming available:
Unread 11-21-2010, 06:36 PM   #38
wmphoto
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyh View Post
I got the idea from a guy on the other forum. Thought I'd post here to help someone out.

I took the console panel apart and removed the hazard light/ESP switch panel out (I have an X so plenty of spare switch openings).

This is a great place for switches but these switches are tight fitting in here. I even had to cut the end of the tabs because it was too deep and hitting the circuit board. I found this switch at Autozone.

WOW... You sold me... Thats awsome...
wmphoto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install , JK Wrangler , switch , switch location , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.