Inside Air Filter? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Inside Air Filter?

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-20-2010, 09:50 PM   #16
yoda13
Force Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
I was just joking. Thatís why I used the laughing head at the end.
Sorry, I misplaced my sense of humor tonight, I think...

2007 White Jeep Wrangler X-auto, black freedom top, 15x8 Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2s, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME Spring Lift, Bilsteins, Rusty's Adjustable front and rear trac-bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Rusty's adjustable lower control arms (front and rear), PolyPerformance adjustable upper control arms (front and rear), OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Finishlinewest Stonehenge Series rear bumper, Smittybuilt winch, Body Armor Front High Clearance Bumper w/ KC Highlights mounted, Roadmaster towbar, Valley 2" receiver hitch, Skid Row Engine Transmission skid, sPod switching system, KC Highlights windshield mounted lights, Delta replacement non-quadbar xenon headlamps, and Bestop saddlebags-Member of the United Four Wheel Drive Association and Blue Ribbon Coalition, ÜJohn 3:16Ü

RIP Mrs. yoda13... My life is better for having had you in it and you made me a better man...I can't wait to see you again...I love you always and forever, and for all eternity

If you want to help the sport of off-roading, and protect your right to do so, please visit the Envirobeat
forum...

yoda13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 10:07 PM   #17
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

OK, what is it? I don't think they included something for nothing, does not make any economic sense - it looks and acts like an air filter on the inlet to an air duct - did not take it all the way off. Funny answers, but no real answers yet.
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 11:06 PM   #18
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda13 View Post
Sorry, I misplaced my sense of humor tonight, I think...
No problem. Iíve misread a lot of peopleís posts all the time.
Unread 05-21-2010, 04:22 AM   #19
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiblet View Post
JKs do NOT have any cabin air filter
YES they do... Pull your glove box and turn your AC off of recirculate and you will see it moving. Its just a filter to keep the dust down on the interior of the Jeep if your running a real dusty trail and have on the AC... If you dont believe me, take it out and run a real dusty trail with AC on and the top on.... See what happens.
MilitaryJK4455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2010, 05:58 AM   #20
Jiblet
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyClymer View Post
OK, what is it? ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Militaryman4455 View Post
YES they do... ...
what you see is the door that opens/closes for recirculation. not a filter.

don't have to believe me; go ask your dealer to change the "filter" for you.
Jiblet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2010, 06:42 AM   #21
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

So the door is just conventiently made out of a paper/cloth like material? Does not make sense to me.
MilitaryJK4455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2010, 07:07 AM   #22
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

I think it's just part of the HVAC that when it was molded just happen too look like filter material from our perspective.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2010, 07:45 AM   #23
owtdorz
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyClymer View Post
OK, what is it? I don't think they included something for nothing, does not make any economic sense - it looks and acts like an air filter on the inlet to an air duct - did not take it all the way off. Funny answers, but no real answers yet.
It is just a foam damper to lessen the noise of air flow and trap large particles of dirt.
It also keeps large pieces of trash from entering the HVAC housing while it is on recirc. i.e. paper sucked into the housing causing the motor to burn out or may noise.
It is not a replaceable filter nor is it cleanable.
Unread 05-21-2010, 11:21 AM   #24
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Sounds good to me.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.