Input needed on J4611SSV Trailmaster Suspension 5"F / 3"R Lift Kit with SSV Shocks - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Input needed on J4611SSV Trailmaster Suspension 5"F / 3"R Lift Kit with SSV Shocks

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 07-22-2010, 02:47 PM   #1
IICON
2007 JK Wrangler 

Input needed on J4611SSV Trailmaster Suspension 5"F / 3"R Lift Kit with SSV Shocks

Any experience, thoughts, or ideas with this system? I only do ocassional off roading when looking for a good camp/fishing site, but I'm more after appearance than anything, and plan to add 35" tires and regear soon after.

Trailmaster Suspension 5"F / 3"R Lift Kit with SSV Shocks
For 07-10 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door

$354.99
This item has an additional $24.99 shipping surcharge.
Quadratec Part No: 16106.200
Manufacturer Part No: J4611SSV

Trailmaster Suspension 5" Front and 3" Rear Lift Kit with SSV Shocks for Jeep® Wrangler JK. An affordable package for the casual off road enthusiast. Made in the U.S.A.
Limited Lifetime Warranty.

Installation Notes
Install Time: 3-5 Hours
Need tools? Click here

Additional Images

Fits these Vehicles
07-10 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)
Parts Included
Front Coil Springs
Rear Coil Spring Spacers
Front & Rear Shocks

Product Details
5" Suspension lift using new front coil springs and rear polyurethane spring spacers.
Retains factory control arms and track bars.
Complete with SSV shock absorbers.
Retain factory steering geometry.
Easily accomodates 35" tall tires.
An affordable package for the casual off road enthusiast.
Made in the U.S.A.

IICON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2010, 09:06 PM   #2
Warlord2
2007 JK Wrangler 

Sounds really cheap, with 5" of lift up front you will need/want adjustable trackbars front and rear. Stock would work for a smaller lift but 5" its waayy too much. If you are only planning on 35" tires a 2.5-3" lift is what you are going to be after.
07 JK 2D X model with 6 speeds. Full Traction 3" ultimate lift kit. 315x75x16 Toyo Open Country M/T on Rock crawler procomp rim. Ruby dana44's front sleeved inside/outside C truss and rear with 5.13's gears. Homemade rock guards, rear bumper w/tire carrier, oilpan/tranny skid, evap canister skid, light bar, switch pod. Riddler diff covers, Cobra 75 w/wilson antenna, Polk speakers, 10" sub, 2x Amps, Lightforce 240 drive light, backup lights, rock lights.
Warlord2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2010, 09:21 PM   #3
IICON
2007 JK Wrangler 

what are the track bars going to do, what are some suggestions on which one's to avoid/get, or should I choose a different means of complete suspension system set up that will help me add the 35"s that plan to add soon after? There just seems to be so many options from so many companies.
Unread 07-23-2010, 12:06 AM   #4
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

AT 5 inches, You WILL need:
1. Adj track bars to recenter your front and rear axle
2. Front drive shaft esp if you have an auto
3. Either cam bolts or adj control arms to reset caster angle
4. The cost seems way too low for such a lift to be considered complete - do some reading and study on this forum - I think you may be missing some critical parts to make this work...just my 2 cents of experience.

And....why go to such a high lift if you don't off road much and only want to go to 35 inch tires? A stock jeep will run 35's with no lift and a little work on wheel spacing, etc. Keep in mind that with such a high lift you are significantly changing the center of gravity/roll center and may actually make the vehicle less stable in a side to side situation...

Search is your friend and also the sticky at the top of this forum "Will it rub?"
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2010, 11:49 AM   #5
IICON
2007 JK Wrangler 

Good point! If using my stock 17" Rubicon wheels will work with 35" tires, what kind and size of spacer is recommended? I also plan to replace stock fender flares with the Smitty Built XRC Road Armor fender flare kit. I wonder if this combination with the wheel spacers will help eliminate any rubbing issues?

In addition, aside from swapping gears, are there other mods I should do in order to enhance/maintain driveability for our six speed daily driver?
Unread 07-23-2010, 02:59 PM   #6
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Some of the people I know running the 35 inch KM2s on stock rims use a 1 3/4 or 2 inch spacers - you really need about 4.5 inches of backspacing...this seems to work for them. I believe the flat fenders and spacers will pretty much eliminate rubbing problems - regearing is recommended to maintain some level of acceptable power (putting the engine back into the power band) - the forum consensus seems to be 5.13 for the auto and for your manual 4.88 gearing when going to 35s - that is what I went with.
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2010, 04:29 PM   #7
Gawdger
2008 JK Wrangler 

I just bought the same kit, though mine came with upper & lower adjustable arms and trackbars, etc ($1200). It's sitting in the garage while I save for new tires and I'm having the same dilemma on tire size. From my conversation with TM the rear is 3" and the front is 5". Expect a 1" droop from steel bumper and winch weight. Also, take into effect the stock JK has about an 1" rake to the front and the new front ride height is about 3" depending on how much weight you attach with your bumper choice.

I've got time, due to limited tire funds, so I hope to see some photos of the kit installed with various tire sizes before I purchase. I'm willing to deal with 35's on 4:10 gears to avoid re-gearing; at this point.
Gawdger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.