Infinity Sound System...how does it sound? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Infinity Sound System...how does it sound?

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-02-2007, 12:55 PM   #1
otizzy

Infinity Sound System...how does it sound?

How does the Infinity sound system w/ the sub sound? I have had every possibly system from 2 8" subs to 2 15" subs. In all of my vehicles I run Infinity speakers, so I know what they are capable of. I guess my question is the sub, does it bump out "enough" bass? I know I'm not going to win any competitions, but I just need to cruise around with some bass...are you guys happy with the sound?

Unread 03-02-2007, 01:11 PM   #2
Kyoseki
Inconceivable!

I'm pretty happy with it, but yes, I wish the sub was a better driver, even with it set to max I had to open up the swing gate and stick my head next to it to make sure it was actually on.

That might be the stock head unit not pushing it hard enough though (I don't have the 6 cd changer which I believe comes with an amp where the stock head unit doesn't - I could very well be mistaken about that though).

Oh well, something to consider in the future I guess.
Unread 03-02-2007, 01:17 PM   #3
poptop

I'm very pleased with the system. I'm not one to have a sound system that can vibrate parts off of my jeep/car. The base is enough for me when Marley or Subime is in the deck. Based on what experience you have had with past systems, I'm sure you will not be happy with the sub. In my case, I see no need to upgrade the system.
poptop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2007, 01:21 PM   #4
strykermp5

i am happy with it except for heavy metal... it is difficult balancing the highs, mids, and bass with that type of music... but it works well enough!

Optional Equipment:
M4 (x2)
Sig 226
strykermp5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2007, 02:28 PM   #5
FLSeaMonkey

I too am not an audio guy by any means, but I do want clear sound and decent bass. I can say it is the best system I have had period. Very pleased!
FLSeaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-02-2007, 02:41 PM   #6
JeF4y

For a stock system, I'm quite happy with it...
Unread 03-03-2007, 06:23 PM   #7
jksr1

had a tj before

I agree it is pretty sweet. I have the dvd radio as well and infinity sound system. I owned a tj and the systemin the jk is light years ahead of that one
jksr1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2007, 07:08 PM   #8
redrom01
JCOB-4-LIFE

2007 JK Wrangler 

But lets be real here, its a factory system. And with that being said its nothing great and any type of after-market tweeters, woofers, subwoofer, amp and head unit would make the sound 100% better. I plan on keeping the system for a while but in the coming year(s) I will be completely overhauling the system. Just about every peice will go, but I'm going to work hard to keep the stock sub-enclosure.

______o00o
/__l_l_,\____\,__
l_---l_l__l----[ ]llllll[ ]
._(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)__

-Current Jeep-
2007 JK Rubi (Steel Blue)
Searching for an MJ

|¯¯l,[___],
l---L--OlllllllO¬
=~~~==oo==
()_) ()_)--<>-)_)
redrom01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2007, 11:05 PM   #9
jeepers3

I think it is perfect myself.....I have been very impressed.

p.s.: please do not pull up next to me at the light with your bass going - no one else wants to hear it.
jeepers3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2007, 06:54 AM   #10
bobhaverford

Quote:
heavy metal... it is difficult balancing the highs, mids, and bass with that type of music
Heavy metal requires balancing the highs, mids, and bass? Man you coulda fooled me!
[SIZE=1]War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worse than war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made so and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself. -John Stuart Mill[/SIZE]
bobhaverford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2007, 07:36 AM   #11
strykermp5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobhaverford
Heavy metal requires balancing the highs, mids, and bass? Man you coulda fooled me!
diversity... my friend... is the first step in becoming truly balanced yourself as well as becoming superior to those whom surround you

Optional Equipment:
M4 (x2)
Sig 226
strykermp5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2007, 08:00 AM   #12
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrom01

I'm going to work hard to keep the stock sub-enclosure.

Look elsewhere and you'll see someone's had problems with the factory sub-enclosure breaking. Also, it doesn't have enough of a volume of air for a decent aftermarket sub. When I saw the placement of it in the brochure, I scratched my head.
Prot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2007, 08:28 AM   #13
qdzlug

I have the Infinity system with Sirius and the DVD radio in my X - nothing I wanted, but the Jeep we wanted already had it installed so we took it.

This is just personal opinion - but to me this system sounds much better than the Bose Premium system I had in my RX-8. If I crank the volume the bass in almost any type of music can be felt. The bass has such force that I feel that I could use the soundsystem to perform CPR on myself if only I could find the right beat.
qdzlug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-05-2007, 11:56 AM   #14
redrom01
JCOB-4-LIFE

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prot
Look elsewhere and you'll see someone's had problems with the factory sub-enclosure breaking. Also, it doesn't have enough of a volume of air for a decent aftermarket sub. When I saw the placement of it in the brochure, I scratched my head.
Thats a good point about the volume of air. I'll have to look into it more to see what I'll end up doing.

______o00o
/__l_l_,\____\,__
._(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)__

-Current Jeep-
Searching for an MJ

|¯¯l,[___],
l---L--OlllllllO¬
=~~~==oo==
()_) ()_)--<>-)_)
Unread 03-05-2007, 12:03 PM   #15
redrom01
JCOB-4-LIFE

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepers3
I think it is perfect myself.....I have been very impressed.

p.s.: please do not pull up next to me at the light with your bass going - no one else wants to hear it.

I'm glad that you like the sound system, and I would have to say that for a factory system its better than anything else I've ever experinced. Having said that I happen to be a bit of an audiophile and love to listen to my music in such a fashion. As for the pounding bass that will be coming from my jeep, I wouldnt consider myself one to use it to blast people away. I typically dont turn it up that loud.

______o00o
/__l_l_,\____\,__
._(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)__

-Current Jeep-
Searching for an MJ

|¯¯l,[___],
l---L--OlllllllO¬
=~~~==oo==
()_) ()_)--<>-)_)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.