Infinity Basslink Subwoofer Install - Info & Pics - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Infinity Basslink Subwoofer Install - Info & Pics

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-02-2009, 06:13 PM   #16
DeepSky
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean2857 View Post
I was thinking about getting that same powered sub last night. I almost bought it but I wanted to look around some more. As for me, I don't have the infinity sound system in my jeep. I'm assuming this sub would still work with mine, I'd just have to use the high level inputs correct??
Yeah, it'll work. If you buy it new you won't need to mess with that line level converter. Just tap right into the front speakers.

Unread 11-02-2009, 06:18 PM   #17
sean2857
2001 XJ Cherokee 

that's awesome. i just checked e-bay and found a basslink II for 233 bucks. i think i might get it. i'm very happy with the stock stereo system in my jeep except for the lack of bass. hopefully this will help out alot I used to have over 5000 watts of bass in my old car and i miss it alot. i dont need anything like that in my jeep, just enough to feel and hear the low souds i know i'm missin out on:-D
Unread 11-25-2009, 03:32 PM   #18
hkenny90
2007 JK Wrangler 

just the carpet secures it enough? or did u do something else?
hkenny90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2009, 04:30 PM   #19
DeepSky
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkenny90 View Post
just the carpet secures it enough? or did u do something else?
Just the carpet. I got to test this pretty good a few weeks ago when I went up to River Rock ORV with the club. Had the Jeep pretty much sideways a few times as well as some hard drops and extreme angles and it held up well.
Unread 03-03-2010, 08:46 AM   #20
IICON
2007 JK Wrangler 

Universal plugs vs. Line level converter?

Are there any preferences or dis/advantages between using the universal plugs vs. a line level converter and vice versa?

In addition, I have the factory subwoofer, and I was wondering if there is already a line level converter of some sort already back there somewhere that I can use with the Infinity Basslink or similar type set up?
IICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2010, 08:57 AM   #21
IICON
2007 JK Wrangler 

Sorry for sounding naive, but what is the remote wire for, does it have to have to come from then front, or can you tap from another source else where near the rear in order to eliminate dash disassembly and or such a long wiring route?

In addition, how often can someone come across used factory subs for sale, and how much are they generally advertised for?

Last edited by IICON; 03-07-2010 at 09:10 AM.. Reason: incomplete
Unread 03-07-2010, 09:57 AM   #22
wTheOnew
2008 JK Wrangler 

Your other questions may be better suited in the Electronic and Audio section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IICON View Post
Sorry for sounding naive, but what is the remote wire for, does it have to have to come from then front, or can you tap from another source else where near the rear in order to eliminate dash disassembly and or such a long wiring route?

In addition, how often can someone come across used factory subs for sale, and how much are they generally advertised for?
The remote wire controls the power for the Amp. It's generally connected to the head unit or a switched 12V source, never a constant source.
. .
wTheOnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2010, 10:03 AM   #23
IICON
2007 JK Wrangler 

Oh I see. I wonder if a source can be easily found closer to the rear of the vehicle (eg. tail lights, rear dome light, or etc.)?
Unread 05-20-2010, 03:48 PM   #24
RickyRedJK
2010 JK Wrangler 

Man, glad I used the "search" feature, I'm doing the exact same thing the OP did (Basslink in a JK). I have a related question to this thread that perhaps one of your audio/jeep gurus can assist with:

I'm planning on adding the basslink, not replacing the stock Infinity sub that the JK came with. Can I tap into the existing speaker wires going to the Infinity sub, rather than tapping into the sound bar speaker wires? (This would save a pretty good bit of wire running). (*EDIT* Disregard this question, I went back and re-read the text and saw that's what he did exactly, except that I still have the Basslink universal wires so I won't need the line level converter)

Also, I can't tell the location of some of the pictures in the original post, can someone enlighten me as to where the locations are? (haven't ripped out the carpet yet). Mainly the pictures showing the power and remote wiring, where it goes through the hole in the silver piece of metal.

Thanks in advance everyone...I'm a new Jeep owner, and have found this site to be an absolute necessity! They should list it in the Jeep manual, heh heh.
RickyRedJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 05:22 PM   #25
DeepSky
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyRedJK View Post
Man, glad I used the "search" feature, I'm doing the exact same thing the OP did (Basslink in a JK). I have a related question to this thread that perhaps one of your audio/jeep gurus can assist with:

I'm planning on adding the basslink, not replacing the stock Infinity sub that the JK came with. Can I tap into the existing speaker wires going to the Infinity sub, rather than tapping into the sound bar speaker wires? (This would save a pretty good bit of wire running). (*EDIT* Disregard this question, I went back and re-read the text and saw that's what he did exactly, except that I still have the Basslink universal wires so I won't need the line level converter)

Also, I can't tell the location of some of the pictures in the original post, can someone enlighten me as to where the locations are? (haven't ripped out the carpet yet). Mainly the pictures showing the power and remote wiring, where it goes through the hole in the silver piece of metal.

Thanks in advance everyone...I'm a new Jeep owner, and have found this site to be an absolute necessity! They should list it in the Jeep manual, heh heh.
This site is better than the manual! :P

To answer your questions:

- The picture of the line level converter is where the wires for the factory sub come out of the loom before continuing on to the tailights. They're located right behind where the rear sport bar meets the tub. All you have to do to work with those wires is pull the carpet from the edge of the tailgate to where the sport bar goes into the tub.

- The picture of where I got power for the remote wire is right behind the cig lighter. Once you pull the front dash off it'll be obvious.

- The power wire is fed through the firewall using a hole on the passenger side. You can also see the green remote wire comes up through there and runs across the dash. Just pop off the side dash panel like this:

Hope that helps, good luck with the install!
Unread 05-21-2010, 10:31 PM   #26
RickyRedJK
2010 JK Wrangler 

Thank you DeepSky. I actually found the answer myself, but didn't make it back to the forum until just now. :-)

I have my Basslink all installed now, and used your board under the carpet mount, great idea there I think. The basslink fills in where the factory sound system left off. As I said earlier, I kept the factory Infinity sub hooked up ,and had the radio on low while I was hooking up the Basslink...if you listen closely, you can hear some sound from it, but the volume level is so much lower than the rest of the system, it just gets lost. I don't know why Infinity would have put their name on this particular "upgrade' system. The other speakers are passable, but the sub is worthless. I hear more bass from the rollbar speakers...or at least I DID hear more bass from them, lol

Thanks again for the reply, and for your pictorial as well.
RickyRedJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2010, 05:13 AM   #27
MilitaryJK4455
Web Wheeler
2010 JK Wrangler 

Man, I wish I would have known that there was an access to the firewall right there... I went through the one under my dash right above the floor to run the wire to my CB... It actually ended up working out pretty good but that would have been easier...
MilitaryJK4455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2010, 12:56 PM   #28
greenbudz
2008 JK Wrangler 

i have 2 audiobahn 12"s that were leftover from a prev car in mine.... bumps like crazy but wayyy too big . takes my whole cargo area. I need to downgrade. however i still have the stock infinity sub working with it. The guy who installed it put some extra lil box in behind my new HU that kept the stock sub working
greenbudz is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.