I'm in trouble now. Bought my 2010 Rubi tonight - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > I'm in trouble now. Bought my 2010 Rubi tonight

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 07-19-2010, 08:18 PM   #1
jeffself
2010 JK Wrangler 

I'm in trouble now. Bought my 2010 Rubi tonight

The only one in the area arrived on Saturday and I went and looked at it tonight and wound up getting it. Couldn't pass up the 36 mo. 0% financing. Its the Black Clear Coat with Dark Slate Gray interior. 4 door, dual top, auto., with Trailer Tow Group and the Media Center 230 and Remote Start System.

Initial impressions on the drive home are it rides better on the highway than I was expecting. Engine is underpowered, radio sounded way to quiet, but apparently that was only with my iPod. When I unplugged the iPod, radio was much louder. The drivers seat had a small cut in it, so they will be replacing the seat for me.

Need to figure out how to take the hard top off. Everything is still in boxes. Looking forward to playing with it.

Wondering what to spend money on first!

jeffself is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2010, 08:22 PM   #2
rubicube2
2009 JK Wrangler 

Welcome to the club! Post some pics.
rubicube2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2010, 08:23 PM   #3
TGuiles
2010 JK Wrangler 

Grats!

You may have to turn up the volume on the iPod as well. It's what I have to do with my Zune.

Other than that, welcome to the money sink.
Unread 07-19-2010, 08:24 PM   #4
CarolinaPoetic
1990 XJ Cherokee 

depends on how much money and how far you want to go into it. what kind of offraoding are you looking at doing and whats the road to trail percentage?
Unread 07-19-2010, 08:28 PM   #5
jeffself
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaPoetic View Post
depends on how much money and how far you want to go into it. what kind of offraoding are you looking at doing and whats the road to trail percentage?
Pretty much will be used on the beach with maybe a trip to the mountains 1 or 2 times a year. Won't be my daily driver except maybe weekends.
jeffself is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2010, 08:31 PM   #6
LIMETIME
2010 JK Wrangler 

Beach driving? Wide tires and a transmission cooler.
Unread 07-19-2010, 08:55 PM   #7
Wranglin4Life
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Congrats on your purchase. Hope to see some photos soon!
Wranglin4Life is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2010, 09:08 PM   #8
CarolinaPoetic
1990 XJ Cherokee 

yeah i would get some wide all terrains you dont really need a lift but BB's are cheap and give the jeep a better stance
Unread 07-19-2010, 10:58 PM   #9
rubizen
2013 JK Wrangler 

I found that my engine seemed to "loosen up" and have more power after 5k miles or so. If and when you take your doors off and you take the little loop off the hook on the inside of the door, don't let the door swing around into the front of your Jeep. You'll end up with a nice little dent in your hood.
Unread 07-20-2010, 07:08 AM   #10
Ravik
2010 JK Wrangler 

Welcome to the addiction!

The Jeep is a little underpowered compared to your average modern grocery getter - it's heavier than it looks (the 2-door rubi is a tad over 2 tons - heavier than a grand caravan in fact, the 4-door even heavier), has 4:10 gears, and the automatic needs another gear - badly.

So, while it feels underpowered, it's much like driving any other OHV - getting on the highway takes some planning; getting off the pavement can happen on a whim.

As for spending money - you mentioned the beach... Buy lights.
Unread 07-20-2010, 08:20 AM   #11
camo_deerslayer
2008 JK Wrangler 

I bought my first Jeep last week, a Silver 2 door Rubicon. THEN, I read what Jeep stands for...... Just Empty Every Pocket!!!

Boy is that true!! This thing is going to cost me a fortune.... Just go cut up all your credit cards RIGHT NOW!!!
camo_deerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2010, 08:37 AM   #12
terrahawk
2007 JK Wrangler 

I told you to change your other thread title lol.
Unread 07-20-2010, 10:04 AM   #13
ncb

Welcome to the addiction. You'll love the soft top.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2010, 10:09 AM   #14
MightyLampshade

1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffself View Post
... radio sounded way to quiet, but apparently that was only with my iPod. When I unplugged the iPod, radio was much louder...
The volume of the music coming from your MP3 player is going to be largely dictated by the volume the device is outputting at. They don't usually have enough gain send the signal through a car stereo without boosting their volume which is why you can listen to music through headphones at a lower volume but you may have to crank it on the device for it to be audible through a stereo. Turn the iPod up and it'll sound better

I seriously doubt your Transfer Case is "none" and I'd recommend you just leave it blank rather than advertise that you don't have one

Welcome to the forums and enjoy your new Jeep!
MightyLampshade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
2010 , 4 door , rubicon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.