I'm proud to be an early adopter... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > I'm proud to be an early adopter...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 02-28-2007, 06:55 PM   #1
DirtyJeepJK
2007 JK Wrangler 

I'm proud to be an early adopter...

i've read a lot of negative posts about buying a JK due to this being the first production year. for example " i would never buy a first year production vehicle of any kind, way too many bugs " or " i'm not going to be a beta tester ". you've all seen posts like this too i'm sure.

well i'm here to say that i gladly buy new interesting toys WHEN they hit the market, not a year or two later. this goes for electronics, vehicles and sports equipment. i'm naturally impatient ( if i'd wanted patients i would have become a Doctor ) and impulsive. have i ever had a problem with some new toy i've purchased? of course i have ( i bought an Xbox 360 on launch day and i am now on my fourth one - thanks EB warranty ), but that won't stop me from buying the next new toy.

my JK is the best vehicle i've ever owned, and my last truck was a 4Runner so thats saying a lot. i have zero regrets. if you want a new Jeep, go get one. i doubt that you'll regret it either.

DirtyJeepJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2007, 08:38 PM   #2
Laxstar46

That's just fine for you If you don't have a problem wiht having early bugs fixed then I don't blame you for getting one. Me i'd rather wait and see what happens. Rather not deal with the hassle of for example having 3 xbox's break on me.
Laxstar46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2007, 12:15 AM   #3
jeepers3

Never been one of the "I gotta have what no one else has" crowd myself - but more power to you I guess.
jeepers3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2007, 03:41 AM   #4
Diesel0312

Every new car I've bought has been a first year model, the only car that wasn't gave me more problems than all the others combined. I understand the idea behind why a first year model would give you more problems, but is there any actual data backing this up?
Mods: Windshield mounted Hella FF1000 driving lights, Rugged Ridge front grab handles, CLC rear grab handles, Teraflex 2.5" BB, Quadratec boor handle covers, Bestop spare cover, Custom front bumper, 17X9 Pro Comp 1079's, 305/17/R17 Buckshot Mudders.
In the works: Custom rear bumper.
Diesel0312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2007, 03:42 AM   #5
Diesel0312

Every new car I've bought has been a first year model, the only car that wasn't gave me more problems than all the others combined. I understand the idea behind why a first year model would give you more problems, but is there any actual data backing this up?
Mods: Windshield mounted Hella FF1000 driving lights, Rugged Ridge front grab handles, CLC rear grab handles, Teraflex 2.5" BB, Quadratec boor handle covers, Bestop spare cover, Custom front bumper, 17X9 Pro Comp 1079's, 305/17/R17 Buckshot Mudders.
In the works: Custom rear bumper.
Diesel0312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2007, 06:39 AM   #6
tx-Skydiver
1979 CJ5 

This really isn't a First year model though, thechnically. It is simply a new generation. Yes, there are many changes in this particular generation, but it is still a Wrangler - and with a tried and tru motor that has been used for years as well. It would be different if it were a first year Nitro or something.

Of course there will be bugs, but not as bad a a true first-year vehicle. I love mine and was not scared to buy it at all.
tx-Skydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2007, 08:27 AM   #7
wareagleinmd

I bought the last model year of a LR Discovery....they came out with the LR3 the next year and discontinued discovery after many, many years.

The thing has had nothing but problems. Can't wait for the new Jeep.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.