I'm back :D - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > I'm back :D

Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion Kit

Unread 12-14-2006, 06:48 PM   #1
JK Insider

I'm back :D

Just thought I'd let everyone know I'll finally have some time to hang around here again and try to answer some questions.

JK Insider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2006, 07:16 PM   #2
EagerJeeper

Excellent, how fast are the unlimited Rubicons being built?
EagerJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2006, 07:46 PM   #3
JK Insider

We were waiting on a new revision of the Rubi transfer case so they weren't being built for a little while. But as of about 2-3 weeks ago the new rev. came in so they were built pretty heavily 2 weeks ago but it is slowing back down to the normal Rubi ratios. Rubi ratios are probably 8-10% of the builds.
Unread 12-14-2006, 07:51 PM   #4
JK Insider

I noticed you retracted your order comment, PM me your VIN and I'll look into it.
Unread 12-14-2006, 08:14 PM   #5
Karamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK Insider
new revision of the Rubi transfer case
What got fixed?

Just 10%?
Karamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2006, 08:18 PM   #6
RedRocRubi
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Do you know what the problem was with the transfer case and what revisions were made?
RedRocRubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2006, 10:24 PM   #7
JK Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karamba
What got fixed?

Just 10%?
The harmonic balancer at the back of the T/F case was removed. All of the new revisions as of about a month ago are having this piece removed. Not sure why we decided to remove it but all the T/Fs now don't have them. So some of you early builds have this on there, must not have been enough of an issue to have them and they were taken out.

10% saying that is the normal percentage of Rubicons that are built on a daily basis. Of the 500-600 vehicles that get built a day, ~10% or less are Rubis.
Unread 12-14-2006, 10:29 PM   #8
jdrogers
2002 WJ 

Welcome back!

I don't need to to check on my Rubi any more... I'm driving it!
jdrogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2006, 05:23 AM   #9
Joec

I thought they'd fired you for trying to help. !@^#%$& corporate management think anyway! Welcome back!
2007 JK Unlimited Rubicon - Greystone, Auto, Power, Tow, Leather seats, Pneumatic Lumbar support, Seat Heat, GENTEX autodim mirror w/ map lights - temp - compass, AEM CAI, COOL TECH antenna mount, THULE Rack, CIBIE, Fuel Door, Grab Handles, Tuffy Trunk/Console/Overhead, Grill mod, Olympic Reversa bars,COOL TECH Magnaflow exhaust, Parking sensors,HESCO Supercharger
1972 C104 Commando - Stock
Joec is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2006, 05:55 AM   #10
Crazy88888s

Nice to have an insider. Is there supposed to be a light under the hood on the Sahara U? Mine was built 12/2006.

Any word on the paint issue? I have primer behind hinges, albeit a very faint issue on mine (Steel Blue).

Also, what is a blue magic marker dot on the passenger side hood latch? Does it mean something?
Crazy88888s is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2006, 06:15 AM   #11
DShizzle
My daughter is SAXON

My Sahara has a hood light but the harness just hangs there...it has a pop in clamp with no place for it to pop into to hold it up
possible to pick up a turd by the clean end".
DShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2006, 08:14 AM   #12
JLH
2004 WJ 

Powertrain revisions for 2008 model?

Welcome back JK Insider!

We are glad to have you back. I have a few questions about the future powertrain configurations. I know it is way early to be asking this, but I have to take a shot.

1.) Is there any talk about adding the 5-speed automatic to the Unlimited to help with the gearing and acceleration?

2.) Is there any talk about making the 3.8L a Flexfuel engine? We just got some E85 pumps by us.

3.) Is there any talk about adding the 4.0L V-6 or the 4.7L V-8 to the Unlimited?

Thanks for all the info you have provided so far. I look forward to seeing your response.

Bst Regs, JLH
JLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2006, 09:40 AM   #13
shine5555

I would like to know about the DIESLE, if you can say anything
shine5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2006, 10:48 AM   #14
doojer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dshizzle2005
My Sahara has a hood light but the harness just hangs there...it has a pop in clamp with no place for it to pop into to hold it up
Same here.
[B][URL="http://my.project-jk.com/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=9"]2007 JK Unlimited Sahara[/URL][/B] - [COLOR="DarkGreen"][B]Jeep Green[/B][/COLOR], Auto, 4:10, D30 front/D44 rear, RockCrusher Diff Covers
doojer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2006, 01:48 PM   #15
JK Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy88888s
Nice to have an insider. Is there supposed to be a light under the hood on the Sahara U? Mine was built 12/2006.

Any word on the paint issue? I have primer behind hinges, albeit a very faint issue on mine (Steel Blue).

Also, what is a blue magic marker dot on the passenger side hood latch? Does it mean something?
Paint marker dots will be all over your car. They are just there to verify work has been done. EVERY SINGLE bolt, nut or anything that gets tightened will have some sort of paint marker on it so the inspection stations can verify torque and job completion.

I'll see what I can find out about the hood lights, that is body and another plant that deals with that stuff.

As far as engines go there is some exciting talk, I'll wait to post until I get more information.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.