If you have a factory hitch (JK) and you need an extender.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > If you have a factory hitch (JK) and you need an extender....

Black Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHutBlack Friday Deals !JcrOffroad Black Friday Sale!

Unread 02-19-2010, 08:26 PM   #1
Ron Burgundy
Team CANON

2009 JK Wrangler 

Do you have a hitch on your JK????

Hey there. I have this Hidden Hitch below and I want your factory hitch. Maybe we can help each other....

Hidden Hitch 87424 - Hidden Hitch Class III 2" Receiver Hitch for 07-10 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

This hitch sticks out too far for my application. The stem measures 6.5" from the absolute END (outside) of the 2" receiver hitch opening -to- the other side of the stem -or- beginning of the initial vertical wall (of the hitch). At 6.5", I think it sticks out a good 3 or 4" from where the factory hitch would be. Maybe even 5"?

It's never been installed, just sitting around the shop for a while, dusty but in otherwise new condition. I have the HW bag (and it's complete). If you would benefit from an "extended" hitch - let's trade up.

If I don't hear from anyone after a few weeks, I'll try to return this hitch.

Weights:
max gross 3500.
max tongue 350.

Fits these Vehicles:
07-09 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
07-09 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)

Parts Included:
Hitch Assembly
Four ˝-13 x 4.50 Hex Bolts
Four Conical Washers
Installation Instructions

I have this Hidden Hitch below. Maybe we can help each other....

Hidden Hitch 87424 - Hidden Hitch Class III 2" Receiver Hitch for 07-10 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

This hitch sticks out too far for my application. The stem measures 6.5" from the absolute END (outside) of the 2" receiver hitch opening -to- the other side of the stem -or- beginning of the initial vertical wall (of the hitch). At 6.5", I think it sticks out a good 3 or 4" from where the factory hitch would be. Maybe even 5"?

It's never been installed, just sitting around the shop for a while, dusty but in otherwise new condition. I have the HW bag (and it's complete). If you would benefit from an "extended" hitch - let's trade up.

If I don't hear from anyone after a few weeks, I'll try to return this hitch.

Weights:
max gross 3500.
max tongue 350.

Fits these Vehicles:
07-09 Jeep Wrangler 2-Door (JK)
07-09 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4-Door (JK)

Parts Included:
Hitch Assembly
Four ˝-13 x 4.50 Hex Bolts
Four Conical Washers
Installation Instructions

edit to ad

today I propped up the hidden hitch and took some pics of how far the stem will stick out once installed:

as for the quality. I think it's designed and built really well, for someone who needs a longer stem.

hitch-figure.jpg  

MYGIG Database Thread

I appreciate all of the info & good people on this site.
JK Sahara 2dr

Last edited by Ron Burgundy; 02-20-2010 at 12:22 PM..
Ron Burgundy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-20-2010, 01:38 PM   #2
RussK
2007 JK Wrangler 

I would but I need to get the dual hitch reciever for the bike rack and trailer at same time. This give me the right drop I need and the extension all at the same time.
RussK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.