The Idiot Dimple - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > The Idiot Dimple

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 03-26-2012, 09:40 AM   #1
smcutter
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

The Idiot Dimple

I have decided that is the name I am going to give any JK I see with a dimple on the side of their Jeep from opening the door without the retaining straps in place. Does anyone else want to 'fess up to having one?

More of a Tinkering Thread than a Build Thread (smcutter)

Colorado Jeep Club Member #302
Keep Calm and Chive On!
And for the record, I'm probably judging you for your bad grammar or spelling.
smcutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 09:42 AM   #2
DrHolliday

2011 JK Wrangler 

I got one... Jeep was a few days old with less then 500 miles on it too.

My build thread
DrHolliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 09:44 AM   #3
WXman
2001 WJ 

I don't have that dimple.

The dimple I have is from taking my doors off and stacking them neatly against the wall in my garage. Then a neighbor kid I've never seen before comes over to play with my son, runs into the garage, jumps into his PowerWheels truck and takes off the wrong direction and rams my doors. (*%&^#^@! The ONE day that I actually take my doors off and put them in the garage, a kid I've never seen before rams them. You've got to be kidding me. I guess I need a way to hang my hard top AND my doors from the ceiling.
'11 Mango Tango JKU Sport - Mods
'12 Dozer JKU Sport S - 6-speed - ACE rock rails - Max Tow package - Daystar spacers - 33x12.50 Duratracs
WXman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 09:46 AM   #4
smcutter
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WXman View Post
The dimple I have is from taking my doors off and stacking them neatly against the wall in my garage. Then a neighbor kid I've never seen before comes over to play with my son, runs into the garage, jumps into his PowerWheels truck and takes off the wrong direction and rams my doors. (*%&^#^@! The ONE day that I actually take my doors off and put them in the garage, a kid I've never seen before rams them. You've got to be kidding me. I guess I need a way to hang my hard top AND my doors from the ceiling.
You're not an idiot--just a father.

More of a Tinkering Thread than a Build Thread (smcutter)

Colorado Jeep Club Member #302
Keep Calm and Chive On!
And for the record, I'm probably judging you for your bad grammar or spelling.
smcutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 09:57 AM   #5
Cooneys08JK

2008 JK Wrangler 

Jeeps look better with dimples.....

I put mine on my Jeep on purpose to improve her smile.

'99 Chilli Pepper XJ- Wheeler- BFG ATs, 2 " BB + bolt on stuff
Cooneys08JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 10:00 AM   #6
jrmandryck
2008 JK Wrangler 

Guilty as charged, drivers side only though
Unread 03-26-2012, 10:31 AM   #7
tskeen
2012 JK Wrangler 

Sign me up for one! I unhooked the door strap thinking I would have more room to install the kicker speakers. A little wind and I had the dimple. First scratch/ding on the jeep. It made me sick. I had to fix her or would have heard about it for years..(wife & teenage daughter).. PDR has a drive thru ..(painless dent removal) here I reckon because we are the cars damaged by hail storm Capitol of the world..didn't even need an appointment..$80 ...ten minutes and the dimple disappeared! Gone but lesson learned.
2012 Sport..auto 3.73 limited slip.Poison Spider Rocker Knockers, Daniel Stern lighting..AEV Pintlers GoodYear Duratracs 285-70-17 springs from Unlimited Rubicon. Weathertech Mats..AEV hood, kicker speakers, remote start added.
tskeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 10:52 AM   #8
Noxian
2011 JK Wrangler 

Mine were caused when I was installing my front speakers, had to remove the straps, the door was resting right against the panel, wind caught the door as I was working.
Noxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 12:08 PM   #9
lazerpunk

I have one drivers side only. It was from pulling the front seats out to install heated seats.

2012 Unlimited Rubicon, Crush, Auto, Dual Top, 430N w/nav, Max Tow
lazerpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 12:13 PM   #10
paul olllllllo
2008 JK Wrangler 

Location: royal oak michigan (hometown of DR. JACK KEVORKIAN)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smcutter View Post
I have decided that is the name I am going to give any JK I see with a dimple on the side of their Jeep from opening the door without the retaining straps in place. Does anyone else want to 'fess up to having one?

An American flag decal would look really good there. Show some USA pride and cover the dent. Win Win.
Unread 03-26-2012, 12:14 PM   #11
xkuzme1
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Just call it the gold ball effect. It will go faster, with less wind resistance, and burn less fuel.

I flew a Piper Warrior regularly a few years ago. It went through a really bad hail storm. I honestly believe that it burned less gas and went faster afterwards.

X

Ask me why you should not buy anything from 4 Wheel Online
xkuzme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 12:18 PM   #12
wisarmy86

I did the same thing, not knowing where the dimples came from till i opened the door one day without the straps and "ding" i saw it happen. luckily i bought Ruggid Ridge Covers to help.

they cover the dimples and help when i forget about the strap!
wisarmy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 12:32 PM   #13
UnlimitedBry
2011 JK Wrangler 

I did it to my driver side with less that 100 miles on my jku. Won't do it again! Local auto body shop wanted almost 300 to pull. I'll be getting the RR covers
UnlimitedBry is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 02:52 PM   #14
tskeen
2012 JK Wrangler 

unlimitedBry...try Paintless dent removal ..most of those guys will give you a estimate. Mine was as bad as I have seen...it's gone now. Took the guy about 10 minutes. He was good.if there's not one in your town call up a Mercedes or BMW dealer. They will point you in the right direction.
2012 Sport..auto 3.73 limited slip.Poison Spider Rocker Knockers, Daniel Stern lighting..AEV Pintlers GoodYear Duratracs 285-70-17 springs from Unlimited Rubicon. Weathertech Mats..AEV hood, kicker speakers, remote start added.
tskeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #15
scolumbo

It cost me $75 for a PDR guy to come to my house and remove the dimple. Took about 20 minutes. Good as new.
scolumbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.