Icon suspension lift kit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Icon suspension lift kit

Poison Spyder JK LED Taillight & Wiring Harness KitsPoison Spyder JK Crusher CornersPANDEMIC-USA 50" Double row LED LIGHT BAR!! These thi

Unread 02-06-2015, 05:51 PM   #1
Wrangler44
2012 JK Wrangler 

Icon suspension lift kit

Hello, I am getting a 4 door in 3 months and my 2 door is going back. I'm getting a rubicon but was wondering if anyone has the icon stage 2 or 3 lift. I'm just trying to find reviews on it. I will deff be getting a 3" lift know matter what with 35s so any information would help. Thank you

Wrangler44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2015, 08:51 PM   #2
Harriedtwo
2011 JK Wrangler 

Congrats on your upgrade! I don't have an answer to your question since I'm still trying to figure out what is a reasonable lift to put on my 2011 JKU Rubi, which is pretty stock at the moment. One thing I do know is I want to lift the body at least 3" so it won't scrape on the rocks so much. New Mexico has a lot of rocks, just like the rest of the Western States where I travel & off-road.
Harriedtwo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2015, 10:17 PM   #3
Wrangler44
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harriedtwo
Congrats on your upgrade! I don't have an answer to your question since I'm still trying to figure out what is a reasonable lift to put on my 2011 JKU Rubi, which is pretty stock at the moment. One thing I do know is I want to lift the body at least 3" so it won't scrape on the rocks so much. New Mexico has a lot of rocks, just like the rest of the Western States where I travel & off-road.
Thank you, I'm pretty excited. I've done so much researching on the icon lift but it seems theirs not many reviews on it. I think it's somewhat a dead subject but hopefully someone's knows something. Do you know what lift your looking at?
Unread 02-07-2015, 04:19 PM   #4
mrwhipple
2012 JK Wrangler 

Icon Vehicle Dynamics makes quality stuff, they're just really expensive.
Unread 02-07-2015, 06:01 PM   #5
AeroSync
2012 JK Wrangler 

I have their 3" Stage 2 lift kit and it is very nice. I used to have an AEV 2.5" and it was a great kit and drove like a sports car but the Icon is a lot softer which is great for daily driving. Also the smoothness helps when going fast off-road.

Here's mine with the suspension:

Unread 02-07-2015, 06:42 PM   #6
Maertz
2009 JK Wrangler 

Im pretty sure they've been around awhile and make decent stuff. I believe they were always bigger in the Toyota scene.
Unread 02-07-2015, 07:24 PM   #7
mrwhipple
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maertz
Im pretty sure they've been around awhile and make decent stuff. I believe they were always bigger in the Toyota scene.

You're right about that with Toyota. They started out being Donahoe Racing. Then new owners took over and renamed it Icon. I have one of their kits on a '04 4Runner. Really well made kit.
Unread 02-07-2015, 07:24 PM   #8
mrwhipple
2012 JK Wrangler 

Nice rig AeroSync.
Unread 02-07-2015, 07:52 PM   #9
Wrangler44
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroSync
I have their 3" Stage 2 lift kit and it is very nice. I used to have an AEV 2.5" and it was a great kit and drove like a sports car but the Icon is a lot softer which is great for daily driving. Also the smoothness helps when going fast off-road. Here's mine with the suspension:
Very nice rig. Thanks for commenting. I was going to do Rk or aev but my friend owns a shop and he sells icon. He was telling me mostly fords and Toyotas(fj). I heard from him the quality was good just couldn't find any recent feedback on it. I was either going with stage 2 or 3. Stage 2 isn't that bad of a price. Just don't know what else I would need...
Unread 02-07-2015, 08:00 PM   #10
AeroSync
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwhipple View Post
Nice rig AeroSync.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangler44 View Post
Very nice rig. Thanks for commenting. I was going to do Rk or aev but my friend owns a shop and he sells icon. He was telling me mostly fords and Toyotas(fj). I heard from him the quality was good just couldn't find any recent feedback on it. I was either going with stage 2 or 3. Stage 2 isn't that bad of a price. Just don't know what else I would need...
Your friend is correct. I sell them also and mainly guys with Toyotas etc buy them for go fast applications as they are a good brand.

There are a bunch of options for the JK in terms of suspension and I only have my previous AEV lift to compare to and all I can say is that I really like this kit.

I also have their front hydro bump stops but that is not required. The only additional thing I would get is either a new front drive shaft or an exhaust spacer in the mean time, since this did give me a little over 3" and I wanted to play it safe. I still have the AEV drop brackets but I plan on getting adjustable lower control arms.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.