I need some help here! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > I need some help here!

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 10-13-2013, 09:40 AM   #1
Xd_shooter676
1947 CJ2A 

I need some help here!

Ok so i just bought a 09 rubicon 4 door jk with 35s and a 4 inch teraflex lift. Drives great until you do a turn over 50 then coming out of turn its like the front just wants to keep turning like the chassis is going a diffrent way than body. Any ideas? Please help it's scary to drive over 55 i know it's lifted it's not my first jeep and not my first lifted veh. Also I am a jeep tech i work at a dealer but never ran into this before.

Xd_shooter676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2013, 10:17 AM   #2
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xd_shooter676
Ok so i just bought a 09 rubicon 4 door jk with 35s and a 4 inch teraflex lift. Drives great until you do a turn over 50 then coming out of turn its like the front just wants to keep turning like the chassis is going a diffrent way than body. Any ideas? Please help it's scary to drive over 55 i know it's lifted it's not my first jeep and not my first lifted veh. Also I am a jeep tech i work at a dealer but never ran into this before.
Is the steering wheel returning to center on its own after a turn or do you have to steer it back.? Are the rear brakes activating and ABS/ESP light coming on? At 4" lift you will loose caster ...
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2013, 02:04 PM   #3
Xd_shooter676
1947 CJ2A 

Yea esp light on and I have to force back to center
Unread 10-13-2013, 02:10 PM   #4
ncb

Is the steering wheel centered?
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2013, 02:32 PM   #5
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Sounds to me like the BIG lift took all of your positive caster-

Now the steering has no input for it's "return to 0" (straight) position-

Probably need adj Lower Control Arms (LCA)-and re-ctr steering as ncb says-

Good luck

JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2013, 04:21 PM   #6
Xd_shooter676
1947 CJ2A 

Steering wheel not center yet no
Unread 10-13-2013, 04:30 PM   #7
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xd_shooter676
Steering wheel not center yet no
The steering wheel not centered, alone will drive the system nuts. Center steering wheel first before doing anything else.

Drive forward into repair area keep front tires as straight as possible. Notice the orientation of the steering wheel spokes. With a w15mm wrench loosen 2 nuts on collar on draglink ( just off steering box). Turn collar 1/2 to one turn, check steering wheel orientation, if the steering wheel is going the wrong turn the draglink collar in the opposite direction. Repeat until the steering wheel is centered. Take for a test ride, you may have to do this procedure a couple times till its dialed right in.
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.