I made a DIY video for fender cutting. - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > I made a DIY video for fender cutting.

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-09-2012, 09:45 PM   #31
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08Titan View Post
No. all vehicles are required to have side markers front and rear.
Got a reference for that?

Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2012, 10:13 PM   #32
08Titan
2007 JK Wrangler 

Actually I'm not sure if you have to have them but I know it is federal law (and has been since the late 70's) that manufacturers have to put them on. Now that I think about it I've seen a lot of street rods not running them. I guess I was just thinking since they HAVE to install them then we had to keep them. I'd prefer to have them though just for a little extra safety measure. I'd rather have a cool looking LED side marker though then the big round factory one but I'm gonna keep the factory one at first like in your video until I find a nice small LED one.

2005 WK Limited 4.7, QTII, Midnight blue pearlcoat. (Hers)
08Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2012, 10:17 PM   #33
08Titan
2007 JK Wrangler 

But I just found this so who knows??

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...U6w9ubTaKRgsLA

Unread 01-10-2012, 07:01 AM   #34
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
so who knows??
You said you did.

Quote:
EHow is not a reference. The reference that they use does not exist once clicked.

This is what a reference looks like:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmbishop View Post
Colo is a nice state for the markers (they are actually one of the most street rod and custom friendly states) - just don't tie em in with the flashers:
42-12-204

(2) Any motor vehicle may be equipped, and when required under this article must be equipped, with lamps showing to the front and rear for the purpose of indicating an intention to turn either to the right or to the left. The lamps showing to the front must be located on the same level and as widely spaced laterally as practicable and when in use display a white or amber light, or any shade of color between white and amber, visible from a distance of not less than one hundred feet to the front in normal sunlight, and the lamps showing to the rear must be located at the same level and as widely spaced laterally as practicable and, except as provided in section 42-12-204, when in use must display a red or amber light, or any shade of color between red and amber, visible from a distance of not less than one hundred feet to the rear in normal sunlight. When actuated, the lamps must indicate the intended direction of turning by flashing the light showing to the front and rear on the side toward which the turn is made.

(4) Any motor vehicle may be equipped with not more than two side cowl or fender lamps which shall emit an amber or white light without glare.
That is Colorado state law concerning makers. It varies by state.
Unread 01-10-2012, 07:45 AM   #35
Ctowns
2008 JK Wrangler 

May" be equipped and when required by this article. " Do you have the requirements? (Im in Colorado)
Colorado Jeep Club member#235
Ctowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2012, 08:50 AM   #36
Sykd4MyWaggy
2007 JK Wrangler 

If Wikipedia said it, it must be true
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automot...and_reflectors
"In North America, amber front and red rear side marker lamps and retroreflectors are required. The law initially required lights and/or retroreflectors on vehicles made after 1 January 1968. This was amended to require lights and retroreflectors on vehicles made after 1 January 1970. These side-facing devices make the vehicle's presence, position and direction of travel clearly visible from oblique angles. "
Sykd4MyWaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2012, 09:34 AM   #37
Texas Jeep
2013 JK Wrangler 

If its on Wikipedia it must be true.......
3.5 RK lift with 35 inch Duratrac's
1985 CJ7

Texas Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2012, 10:07 AM   #38
08Titan
2007 JK Wrangler 

I never said I knew. I said I thought that they were required.

Unread 01-10-2012, 03:21 PM   #39
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I never said I knew. I said I thought that they were required.
Perhaps you should experiment with qualifiers in your text.

Quote:
No. all vehicles are required to have side markers front and rear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctowns View Post
May" be equipped and when required by this article. " Do you have the requirements? (Im in Colorado)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwmbishop View Post
Colo is a nice state for the markers (they are actually one of the most street rod and custom friendly states) - just don't tie em in with the flashers:
42-12-204

(2) Any motor vehicle may be equipped, and when required under this article must be equipped, with lamps showing to the front and rear for the purpose of indicating an intention to turn either to the right or to the left. The lamps showing to the front must be located on the same level and as widely spaced laterally as practicable and when in use display a white or amber light, or any shade of color between white and amber, visible from a distance of not less than one hundred feet to the front in normal sunlight, and the lamps showing to the rear must be located at the same level and as widely spaced laterally as practicable and, except as provided in section 42-12-204, when in use must display a red or amber light, or any shade of color between red and amber, visible from a distance of not less than one hundred feet to the rear in normal sunlight. When actuated, the lamps must indicate the intended direction of turning by flashing the light showing to the front and rear on the side toward which the turn is made.

(4) Any motor vehicle may be equipped with not more than two side cowl or fender lamps which shall emit an amber or white light without glare.
Unread 01-10-2012, 07:11 PM   #40
voodooJK
2008 JK Wrangler 

I opened it to hear "just the tip". Just for a second, just to see how you sounded.

Nice work! I completed it.

Colorado Jeep Club member #959

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy Wonka View Post
What you are witnessing, dear friends, is the most enormous miracle of the machine age.
voodooJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2012, 07:21 PM   #41
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodooJK View Post
I opened it to hear "just the tip". Just for a second, just to see how you sounded.

Nice work! I completed it.
Thx brah.
Unread 01-10-2012, 07:59 PM   #42
GPJeep09
2009 JK Wrangler 

Great vid.... Im gettin ready to put 33's on my Jeep.. as badly as I want to put 35's on it I drive back and forth to college everyday, and being in college im pretty damn poor so im thinking fuel wise I better stick with 33's. But I have a 2.5 inch lift, wonder if it would look too open if I cut my fenders??
GPJeep09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 01:25 PM   #43
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Here she is wheeling. It rubs a little but no damage. I believe little extra bump-stop in the rear would solve the issue.

Unread 01-17-2012, 06:24 PM   #44
08Titan
2007 JK Wrangler 

Awesome! That's some beautiful country out there.

Unread 02-05-2012, 04:40 PM   #45
havasu1
2008 JK Wrangler 

Great, great, great write up. I used it this weekend on my Rubi. Only difference is I reused the rear tubs. Next week I'm installing a Rock Krawler 2.5 max flex with Fox 2.0 bypass shocks and Teraflex bump stops
havasu1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.